Joe Theismann tells Dak to take money

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am not a big Dak supporter. I consider him above average. But the norm in the NFL now is very good to great comes along every so often. THe days of yesteryear where when you could have draft of very good to great QBs is gone. Dallas needs to sign Dak. If Mahomes and Jackson continue on their trajectory they are only two I can say look like "great" QBs and then their is the rest. Once Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and even Wilson are gone NFL QB talent is going to take a huge nose dive. IF Mahomes can keep up his pace he will be heads and shoulders above his peers.

Swanny

Reaction score
Just a small copy and past below but open for full story.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/05/joe-theismann-cowboys-dak-prescott-money-criticism/

“You’re not a top-five quarterback in the National Football League,” Theismann said of Prescott. “You’re a good football player. You have the potential to be better, but what have you done?”
I agree with him but it's never been about being top 5 QB. It's just timing of when you sign a contract. Just because you're paid top 6 money does not mean you're a top 5 QB. It's how the NFL works. Yes it sucks

blueblood70

Reaction score
wrong theory if he wants the DC to sign Dak and in his op
Yeah but him being from an NFC East team, I just feel colors his opinion is all I meant.
inion not great qb why not want them to hurt our cap and future by doing so? your logic is flawed the NFCE cant wait until we over pay for an above average qb and make him the highest paid player in the league..chew on that..:rolleyes:o_O

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Meh what does it matter. We are a team of Divas and Superstars not a real football team. Just the way Jerruh likes it. team is going the same place it has for 25 years now. No where.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I d
I sometimes wonder if all the dialogue surrounding Dak's contract focuses attention on the absurdity of QB contracts. Perhaps, more importantly, does it alter the NFL's approach to these highly paid positions?

Say what you will about the "market" (and, I am a firm believer in market driven compensation), I would have advocated for a "farm team" approach to QBs in the new CBA. Something that might allow me to carry 3-4 developmental QB prospects on the team without affecting the total team roster or the practice squad numbers. Effectively, you would be developing a conveyor belt approach for the position.

Crazy, I know.
said this in other posts, the NFL s]needs to step in and require a cap on total % any player can take on the cap because far too many qbs are making 2 -2.5 times the next best skill position players around the league and they are not better then those players and should not command that much of the cap..this gives team owners a way to reverse this market something IE like no player can make 15% of the current cap..

its been done before with rookie salaries when the Sam Bradford of the world got guaranteed 50mil before he played a snap, they fixed it, this si the next issue that needs addressing and the owners need saving from themselves..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Meh what does it matter. We are a team of Divas and Superstars not a real football team. Just the way Jerruh likes it. team is going the same place it has for 25 years now. No where.
you live in the Matrix? the Dc are actually a real football team.. actually a top 10-15 team most years so we are and have been better then at minimum 16 other teams ..

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Succeeding how? Playing elite in 4th quarters, like Dak showed? I'll take Dak over Dalton.

Has Dalton ever had the players around him like Dak has had? How would Dak look like on a team with less weapons? That’s right he would be in big trouble. Couldn’t even score on a wounded Eagles team. Thank God we lost that game to be able to have a great draft like we had. I am not anti Dak I just don’t feel he is worth the money he is asking for. $35 million is fine, $40M see you.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The proper take for any pro athlete is " I am not going to speak on another man's money".
If you have been seriously injured playing sports this should be accurate x 100.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
why not the entire SM outlet has? its all the sports world is leading off with nowadays and im betting he didnt volunteer this info, was most likely asked what he thought..
* Ya know he's merely conducting an ( in lame fashion b.t.w.)
covert,under the wire, sapper operations upon his Nemesis franchise, doncha',,,?:lmao:

o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*sorry about that "Blu-B70" as I "thought" I was pulling "Short rounds" quote,,, forgive me, my friend:thumbup:

Qcard

Reaction score
The proper take for any pro athlete is " I am not going to speak on another man's money".
If you have been seriously injured playing sports this should be accurate x 100.
Joe Theismann just trying to pop his head out from obscurity

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of the mouths of babes, and out of the mouths of the enemy will you find the truth. You never find truth within your own team you have to look outside. Haze I could tell you to take a hike and I would be wrong because all opinions matter, even those that aren't true. Remember when you want to hear the real truth to look in places you do not expect. That's where you often find it because it's without the in-house vested interest.
You must not remember Joe Theismann. Lol!