Joe Whitt seems to be Quinns choice for DC

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not the least bit concerned about who Quinn takes with him.

What worries me is Jerry's penchant for signing names rather than looking for fresh talent. I assume Jerry will interview the most well known names for DC. There is not chance it will be any young coach from another winning programs.

I don't think Belichick or Vrabel will step down to DC. It is going to be someone whose name we all will know, or someone like Joe Whitt. But does Whitt light a fire under anyone? I would be underwhelmed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Turns out you just have to run the ball :laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
I am not the least bit concerned about who Quinn takes with him.

What worries me is Jerry's penchant for signing names rather than looking for fresh talent. I assume Jerry will interview the most well known names for DC. There is not chance it will be any young coach from another winning programs.

I don't think Belichick or Vrabel will step down to DC. It is going to be someone whose name we all will know, or someone like Joe Whitt. But does Whitt light a fire under anyone? I would be underwhelmed.
so whitt isn’t fresh young talent lol. sounds like you’ve covered every base for not liking any hire lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whitt will have to decide between Washington and Dallas. And if I'm him, at least Washington will guarantee you 2-3 years of security minimum with a new HC compared to possibly looking for a job again next year if McCarthy is fired.
This is true, but on the other hand Dallas may be a better opportunity to run his own defense. In Washington, if the defense succeeds, Quinn gets the credit

Creeper

Reaction score
so whitt isn’t fresh young talent lol. sounds like you’ve covered every base for not liking any hire lol
Is Whitt a young talent? I don't know because he was part of the Quinn regime. I am just saying that if he is the hire, it would not excite me because I don't see how it changes much.

My point was that Jerry is not going to go out and find a new fresh face to run his defense. That is not his style. He will more than likely go for a name everyone knows, like Ron Rivera. One thing about Rivera, I think he prefers building the defense from inside out. I will assume if he has any input into personnel decisions he will want to bolster the Cowboys DL.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hmmm... I Notice the " Breaking News: Joe Witt Jr. to join Quinn " thread has been taken down. :muttley:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Is Whitt a young talent? I don't know because he was part of the Quinn regime. I am just saying that if he is the hire, it would not excite me because I don't see how it changes much.

My point was that Jerry is not going to go out and find a new fresh face to run his defense. That is not his style. He will more than likely go for a name everyone knows, like Ron Rivera. One thing about Rivera, I think he prefers building the defense from inside out. I will assume if he has any input into personnel decisions he will want to bolster the Cowboys DL.
Whitt's secondary walked away with a fist full of interceptions...top shelf group.

quickccc

Reaction score
i can't recall the last time Cowboys had a rookie, non experience DC at the helm.

They strongly seem to prefer experience vet DC's