Joe's Final Mock Draft Saturday Morning

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok, I know this seems zanny, but I believe that the cowboys are going to load up in lower rounds and get top players that would be possible undrafted free agents. I do think that Greg Ellis will be traded, possibly Pat Mcquistan and Crayton either involved in draft picks or ways to move up and get players like Delmas, Stephen McGee, Sidbury. So, I am going with that! Yes, I honestly believe that is what Stephen Jones plans to do, get top undrafted free agents in lower rounds. He said he wanted to churn the bottom of the roster, with some players that were possibly complacement, guys like greg ellis, flozell adams, possibly crayton for examples.

2. Louis Delmas (The Cowboys trade Greg Ellis here-pick up an extra 3rd in deal and 5th in deal while moving up for Delmas)
3. James Casey (The Cowboys trade down 4 slots or so, get an extra 4th, and 7th)
3. Stephen McGee QB
3. Lawrence Sidbury DE/LB (Cowboys trade their 4th and 5th acquired move back up for Sidbury
4. Jason Williams (Cowboys trade their top 4th down 5 slots or so, pick up a 2010 3rd and a 6th pick)
4. James Barden Wr
5. Johnny Knox WR speed demon to stretch field
5. Roger Allen OG (reminds people of Larry Allen some) very strong;
5. Sammie Hill DT Massive plug stopper, can play DE some
6. Brice McBain CB
6. Cowboys trade this pick for a future 5th to recoup 5th for Holland
6. Henry Melton LB to good to pass up
7. Captain Munnerlyn CB special teams demon
7. Sebastian Vollmer OT
7. Everette Pedescleaux DE played basketball, ala possibly a young Leon Lett

Now I know some of you are going to flip out, and say no way when you see my mock draft, so doing it your way, this is what I am going with, picks like 8 that the cowboys wind up with taking;

2. Louis Delmas (The Cowboys trade Greg Ellis here-pick up an extra 3rd in deal and 5th in deal while moving up for Delmas)
3. James Casey (The Cowboys trade down 4 slots or so, get an extra 4th, and 7th)
3. Stephen McGee QB
3. Lawrence Sidbury DE/LB 4. Jason Williams (Cowboys trade their top 4th down 5 slots or so, pick up a 2010 3rd and a 6th pick)
4. James Barden Wr
6. Brice McBain CB
The other picks acquired etc, the cowboys use to trade up and trade for future 2010 picks;

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2745383 said:
Ok, I know this seems zanny, but I believe that the cowboys are going to load up in lower rounds and get top players that would be possible undrafted free agents. I do think that Greg Ellis will be traded, possibly Pat Mcquistan and Crayton either involved in draft picks or ways to move up and get players like Delmas, Stephen McGee, Sidbury. So, I am going with that! Yes, I honestly believe that is what Stephen Jones plans to do, get top undrafted free agents in lower rounds. He said he wanted to churn the bottom of the roster, with some players that were possibly complacement, guys like greg ellis, flozell adams, possibly crayton for examples.

3. Stephen McGee QB
3. Lawrence Sidbury DE/LB (Cowboys trade their 4th and 5th acquired move back up for Sidbury
4. Jason Williams (Cowboys trade their top 4th down 5 slots or so, pick up a 2010 3rd and a 6th pick)
4. James Barden Wr
5. Johnny Knox WR speed demon to stretch field
6. Brice McBain CB
6. Cowboys trade this pick for a future 5th to recoup 5th for Holland
6. Henry Melton LB to good to pass up
7. Captain Munnerlyn CB special teams demon
7. Sebastian Vollmer OT
7. Everette Pedescleaux DE played basketball, ala possibly a young Leon Lett

Now I know some of you are going to flip out, and say no way when you see my mock draft, so doing it your way, this is what I am going with, picks like 8 that the cowboys wind up with taking;

3. Stephen McGee QB
3. Lawrence Sidbury DE/LB 4. Jason Williams (Cowboys trade their top 4th down 5 slots or so, pick up a 2010 3rd and a 6th pick)
4. James Barden Wr
6. Brice McBain CB
The other picks acquired etc, the cowboys use to trade up and trade for future 2010 picks;

Some pretty serious optimism here. We'll all finish about a half case of beer between Goodell calling Vollmer's name and announcing our 7th round pick. Getting a 3rd for moving down 4 slots in the 4th round is not going to happen, either.

But we have certainly showed a lot of interest in several of the above guys. Could certainly see a couple of those names at the end of the weekend.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2745421 said:
Some pretty serious optimism here. We'll all finish about a half case of beer between Goodell calling Vollmer's name and announcing our 7th round pick. Getting a 3rd for moving down 4 slots in the 4th round is not going to happen, either.

But we have certainly showed a lot of interest in several of the above guys. Could certainly see a couple of those names at the end of the weekend.

i meant in the 4th the top slot in 4th round teams will pay a ransom always for the top pick, even a future pick, so thats what im going on. I just have that feeling, just like last year, jerry is going to move around alot, pick up extra picks for the lower rounds and move some players. I know jerry jones said that its hard to move players, or trade them at draft time, but look at what the atlanta falcons gave up for Tony Gonzalez TE, a 2nd pick.

just a hunch i have; this draft in some ways may rival the 1975 draft, granted we wont have the 2nd top overall pick to take a randy white type player, but i do believe players are to be had in 2nd to top of 5th round, then you go for the sleepers in bottom of 5th round to the 7th round.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2745431 said:
A third and a fifth for Whiny Greg? :confused:

with possibly pat mcquistan and or crayton involved in the trade too; i think the cowboys will package players going into 3rd or 4th round too if they get a wr in draft to unload crayton, maybe even hurd.

and remember chocolate lab, whining Tony Gonzalez was traded for a 2nd pick. He has been whining to be traded last 2 years.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Switch McGee for an OLB and you're golden.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2745702 said:
Switch McGee for an OLB and you're golden.

thanks bat, and wish you a super draft, are you ready for the draft now Bat>