John Abraham????

rojan

Reaction score
I know that he was franshised this past off-season...Does anyone know if he will be Franshised again, sign a long term contract, or be let go...Imagine him and Ware as the outside LBers with James and posibly Burnett as the ILBers...That would be amazing!!

rojan

Reaction score
For shure???? If we make it to the playoffs, I woulnd mind using our 1st round pick on him(I know that you have to give a team 2 1st rounders, but we could make a trade)

aznhalf

Reaction score
He'll be demanding a big contract regardless, and I don't really know how well he fits into our scheme. I say we go the way of the draft to shore up our LB position and use FA to pick up some O-line depth

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:
No doubt...

The Jets have developed quite a few holes this season. They may need the money to go after a QB and other positions. Signing him to a 3 or 4 year contract may be cheaper for the Jets than slapping the franchise tag on him again.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
With the way our OL has been this year, I have a feeling Parcells will want to focus on that early in the draft, that is, if someone worthwhile is available then.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
He will get franchised
For the second straight year, and be ticked off twice as much.

I don't know if you caught the CBS Sunday pregame show, but Boomer Esiasisn claimed the Jets are trying to package their first round pick and Jonathon Vilma to trade to SD for Phillip Rivers. (with SD being responsible for his signing bonus, making Rivers preferable to Leinart..Pennington's on the books for 65 mil).

I think Abraham is the one who get packaged, not Vilma, but there is a good chance BOTH these fine young players will be available come offseason.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
For the second straight year, and be ticked off twice as much.

I don't know if you caught the CBS Sunday pregame show, but Boomer Esiasisn claimed the Jets are trying to package their first round pick and Jonathon Vilma to trade to SD for Phillip Rivers. (with SD being responsible for his signing bonus, making Rivers preferable to Leinart..Pennington's on the books for 65 mil).

I think Abraham is the one who get packaged, not Vilma, but there is a good chance BOTH these fine young players will be available come offseason.

Wow... that's a win-win for both teams...

Hiero

Reaction score
wow im not sure vilma is big enough to play here, but man he is really really talented.

Hiero

Reaction score
ya, I thought before this season abraham would be a good addition, but for next year I dont think so. Hes a year older and I dont want to pay his huge contract for a 29 year old.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think we see any huge contracts added to the team IMO so I don't see Abraham becoming a Cowboy as so, Jerry Jones has already hinted that we could be heading into some salary cap trouble, at the rate we're going, when speaking of the 36 mil or whatever he dished out, to Henry, Bledsoe, Ferg and Rivera, plus Jerry is finally starting to reap the benefits of adding a great nucleus through the draft, why would he want to go back to his old ways?