John Clayton reports Lendale White has torn hamstring

JonCJG

Reaction score
Lendale White has a torn hamstring. Is this news or has it been reported already?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I still think he goes late first early second round. The steelers or some running team will ignore all of the poor workouts and realize he is a gamer.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but if there were ANY way this kid fell as far as us in the 2nd I would snatch him in a heartbeat. Idon't care WHO we've got carrying the rock right now. This kid is the type of grinder that excels in a BP run control offense.

SS

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but if there were ANY way this kid fell as far as us in the 2nd I would snatch him in a heartbeat. Idon't care WHO we've got carrying the rock right now. This kid is the type of grinder that excels in a BP run control offense.

SS

Depends, whose 3rd on the depth chart??? IF the Boys would get him, I could see him being used kinda like that huge guy from the Giants, only used in short yardage situations.

Besides that, how far do yall think he will fall now???

skinsscalper

Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
Depends, whose 3rd on the depth chart??? IF the Boys would get him, I could see him being used kinda like that huge guy from the Giants, only used in short yardage situations.

Tough to say DS, but I highly doubt that he falls to the 50th pick, though.

SS

jem88

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:
Tough to say DS, but I highly doubt that he falls to the 50th pick, though.

SS
Hey you are being a troll!

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:

Jacobs was a 4th rounder though. That role isn't worth the pick we'd have to use. No thanks.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
he is prolly the best back in the draft this year(except bush). just look at guys who come into the league small, unless they bulk up they get hurt and wash out. the great ones are usually the bigger college backs, Terrell Davis, Bus, Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Ricky Williams. Bush is better but he is prolly the best back in the last 5 if not 10 years. This year the backs are great though so we will see

how do you guys rate these players as far as how they will produce in the NFL?

Bush -- 1

*Deangelo Williams -- 3
*Lendale White -- 2
*Laurence Maroney -- 5
*Brian Calhoun --4
*Joseph Addai -- 6
*Maurice Drew -- 7

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
news to me...

LenDale White will fall alot IMO...

We'll get him if he falls to the 5th round...

rags747

Reaction score
I dont like this at all. Now Denver will look elsewhere at the 15 slot...hope its not an OLB!

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
he is prolly the best back in the draft this year(except bush). just look at guys who come into the league small, unless they bulk up they get hurt and wash out. the great ones are usually the bigger college backs, Terrell Davis, Bus, Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Ricky Williams. Bush is better but he is prolly the best back in the last 5 if not 10 years. This year the backs are great though so we will see

how do you guys rate these players as far as how they will produce in the NFL?

Bush -- 1

*Deangelo Williams -- 3
*Lendale White -- 2
*Laurence Maroney -- 5
*Brian Calhoun --4
*Joseph Addai -- 6
*Maurice Drew -- 7
ha bush is way over-rated, he is a east west runner who lacks vision and power. this guy is fast but so is the NFL, he is not going to look anything like he did in college, not with the 3-4 being the new choice of formation and defenses playing with more speed and size.

Bush - 3
Deangelo Williams - 4
Lendale White - 2
Laurence Maroney - 1
Brian Calhoun - 6
Joseph Addai - 5
Maurice Drew - 7

lkelly

Reaction score
Lendale White was the beneficiary of that same line that Bush ran behind. He'd succeed with a team like the Steelers who could turn a worn down Jerome Bettis into an effective gameday back. Put him on most other teams and he's a bust.

Behind Dallas' offensive line last year, Lendale White is essentially useless. I wouldn't draft him in the first round if I'm a GM. I'd need to do some heavy drinking before I used a second rounder on him.

lkelly

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
ha bush is way over-rated, he is a east west runner who lacks vision and power. this guy is fast but so is the NFL, he is not going to look anything like he did in college, not with the 3-4 being the new choice of formation and defenses playing with more speed and size.

Bush - 3
Deangelo Williams - 4
Lendale White - 2
Laurence Maroney - 1
Brian Calhoun - 6
Joseph Addai - 5
Maurice Drew - 7

Bush lacks vision? That makes Lendale White legally blind. I think Reggie has better power than most people think. The issue with him is that people couldn't get close enough to tackle him half the time.

Maroney? See the Penn State game. Bottom of the first round at best. Of course if you stick him behind the Colts' line with that passing game and he's a rookie of the year candidate.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Don't buy into the Lindale White Hype....he's going to be a flop. I'm the biggest USC homer around...have been a fan since before OJ, going all the way back to Mike Garrett.

Reggie Bush is the real deal and will make a huge huge splash in the NFL, ala Marshall Faulk.

Lindale White will be a flop...he isn't very fast, he's pudgy, and he has no moves, nor does he break many tackles....he's a power runner due to his size, and he is a slasher of sorts, but I don't believe his skills translate to the NFL very well. Watch this kid closely...he never trained hard in school and probably won't in the NFL either.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
lkelly said:
Bush lacks vision? That makes Lendale White legally blind. I think Reggie has better power than most people think. The issue with him is that people couldn't get close enough to tackle him half the time.

Maroney? See the Penn State game. Bottom of the first round at best. Of course if you stick him behind the Colts' line with that passing game and he's a rookie of the year candidate.

bush is a fake barry sanders, runs with to little power, searches for sidelines and IMO is way over-rated. hes no marshall faulk either, marshall faulk can actually run north-south, bush just runs east west and passes up way to many lanes. he is going to dissapoint people, WAY OVERRATED and not a true NFL back.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
The Texas 'D' that shut down Bush is the type of Defense Bush will face in the NFL. IMO, right now, I have a strong feeling he'll be a bust...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
The Texas 'D' that shut down Bush is the type of Defense Bush will face in the NFL. IMO, right now, I have a strong feeling he'll be a bust...

Didn't bush have like 180 yards in that game