John Clayton reports Lendale White has torn hamstring

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
The Texas 'D' that shut down Bush is the type of Defense Bush will face in the NFL. IMO, right now, I have a strong feeling he'll be a bust...

haha, the worst D in the nfl is 10x better than the texans D, who yes, shut bush down. vince young had more yards than bush rushing. i think he will be the biggest upset in RB history.

BigDFan5 said:
Didn't bush have like 180 yards in that game
he had 180 total yards i believe, and btw 100 of them were off 2 big plays, and atleast 100 of em were to the outside. he had a 60 yard catch (when he pitched it and turned it over) and a 40 yard run up the sideline (he searched for it, in the nfl he woulda been cought). so 100 yards off 2 bigs plays and most of his runs went outside, he doesnt take lanes when he has them and doesnt run with enough power. NFL linebackers will be all over him. not to mention the evolution of the SS position being a more run stopping player than ever before, this adds another player who will be all over his bursts to the outside. he may not be a bust, but he will upset everyone.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Didn't bush have like 180 yards in that game

I don't think so...you might be right...

I think it was LenDale with the bulk of the carries though..

edit// found the stats...

Att. Yards Avg. Long TD
13 82 6.3 26 1

OK, so Reggie did have a pretty good game. I take back my statement. He still was pretty much a nonfactor, as most of his yards were accounted for because Texas was looking for a way to stop White(124 yards)...I take back my statement..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bush is overrated? seems only 2 people feel that way, and both don't have credentials of any sort...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Bush is overrated? seems only 2 people feel that way, and both don't have credentials of any sort...

so can you tell my why reggie bush is gonna be so great? just cuz he posted good numbers at the combine and because he was a good back in college where all he did was look outside and never used the first available lane to pick up sure yardage? haha, bush is like the reciever who runs the 4.3 40 but cant catch and wants to avoid contact.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
so can you tell my why reggie bush is gonna be so great?

his vision, balance, he runs bigger than his size, his explosiveness, change of direction, college production, all the hype has been justified

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
his vision, balance, he runs bigger than his size, his explosiveness, change of direction, college production, all the hype has been justified

his vision is good to the point that he overlooks lanes, runs bigger than his size? where did this come from, you dont see reggie bush running through people. yea he has a quick first step and is pretty explosive, his change of direction is just about all he truly possesses. and college production, he was just on the best team in college football.

its going to be hard for him to do what he did in college, there is no way that in the NFL he is going to be able to get outside like he did in college. whenever i watched him run it made me angry that hed pass up lanes just to get the sideline, that wont work in the NFL, its to fast of a league and defenses are much smarter and quicker to the ball.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

IMO, he mostly played really well in college because of his speed and elusiveness. However, the defenders in the NFL are faster, and should be able to catch bush.

IMO, its the same with Vince Young. Young had receivers open by a mile, that's why it looked so easy. He was bigger than the defenders, but in the NFL, the LBers will be much bigger. He'll find himself lost pretty quickly.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
not to mention he only needs 10-15 touches a game to make an impact

ya but he can also be trunched on 10-15 touches, in the nfl 10-15 touches will not make an impact at all.

and on top of that you are proving the point that bush might not be able to carry the full 25+ rushing load an NFL back needs for 16 games, im sorry but you cant say that he isnt the slightest bit over-rated. im not saying hes bad im just saying he is not as good as the critics say.