Twitter: John Fassel Appreciation

Blake

Reaction score
Loved the decision but I'm more impressed by the kickers ability to execute it so flawlessly and clutch-like. I could try that same kick 15 times on an empty field and not replicate it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Aye while true I think they are better suited to do it playing aggressive like this then just kneeling most of the game. I think Fassell is trying to get this situated. If we can start from the 30 or 35 that will be refreshing lol.
All good. I just wanted to force my agenda into things even if it had no relevance to the topic. :thumbup:

Aven8

Reaction score
I really like the aggressiveness of it....I hate the guy doing it. I think Pollard is an awesome back up RB to have no doubt about it, but man he looks bad returning kickoffs. He seems to get the ball and run straight sideways. I don't know..I'm gonna give him a few more weeks but so far I cringe watching him return the kicks.

We just don’t have that dynamic fast guy. Good KO returners are usually lighting fast.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Loved the decision but I'm more impressed by the kickers ability to execute it so flawlessly and clutch-like. I could try that same kick 15 times on an empty field and not replicate it.

Well, he did practice it 50 times.

One of the things I loved about the kick is you could tell that the players were expecting it to curve. It was angling out of bounds, which likely contributed to the Atlanta players not touching it, and then turned to pretty much where Goodwin and others were waiting for it. You could tell that everyone involved was very well-prepared on how to handle that kick, which is a testament to Fassel.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really wouldn’t mind a fake punt every week or 2.

They’ll start to work (pass to Goodwin was wide open) and they can be a huge momentum boost. It’s basically like forcing a turnover when it works, which our defense obviously struggles with. Stealing a possession.

If the fake fails, you hurt yourself by about 40 yards of field position. Sucks, but doesn’t totally kill you, especially if you do it near midfield.

I know this is a Madden way of thinking but if my defense is gonna suck I don't mind taking a risk here and there with my special teams. Hell as crazy as it sounds...I think I trust this defense more on a short field than I do having someone starting out on the 25 yard line.

jsb357

Reaction score
the kick was far more an Atlanta gaff than the great execution of a special teams play.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
15? I doubt anyone on this board could do it, no matter how many times you tried.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the kick was far more an Atlanta gaff than the great execution of a special teams play.
I disagree. It was a very unusual kick. They were right to try to let it come up short of ten yards, and by the time it caught the turf it does toward them pretty suddenly. One of them should have jumped on it once it hit about 8 or 9 yards, but that would have required incredible timing and a good guess at where it was going to go. It was a great kick, perfectly executed.

vicjagger

Reaction score
[QUOTE="rocyaice, post: 10420937, ]...that punt return by Lamb was longer than any punt return we had all of last year. Fassel's presence has already been felt the first game of the season.[/QUOTE]

Wait just a minute here buster. Are you tying to tell me we stopped someone and forced a punt? Riiggghhhttt.