John Fassell expected to be hired as Special Teams coach - Post 17

MikeB80

Reaction score
the Kellen moore thing sucks but I like the fassel hire.

the more nervous jittery uptight guys afraid to lose we can get the better. Fassel is that guy to a T. Mike Nolan is that guy, McCarthy is a Pittsburgh blue collar big mouth. this is all good news.

more loud uptight guys.

stiletto

Reaction score
Not impressed with this hiring AT ALL... lower tier ranking. Might be a slight improvement though. Can't get much worse from last season. LOL

MikeB80

Reaction score
Why does this suck? He improved the offense tremendously and now as a very good tutor to get even better.

he was part of the problem. I was hoping they would bring in all proven guys. Having moore he is going to create a situation where if things start slow or go bad the story will be about moore.

when wade was hired he brought along a young coach he liked from San Diego, Brian Stewart. By the end of 2008 anything that went wrong with the defense got attributed to him and he was a constant story and focal point and had to be fired after the 08 season.

I think the same distracting thing is going to happen with moore, especially if he calls plays.

also one of the reasons Norv Turner didn't want the job here in 07 after interviewing was because jerry told him he had to take Garrett as his OC and garrett would call plays. Seems like a similar predicament.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
So who are the “rest of these hires” other than Fassel?

Tomsula and retaining Kellen Moore.

We got one of the best ST coaches in the league, retained a 31 yo OC fresh off engineering the league's #1 offense, and hired a DL coach who's built 2 good lines at 2 different stops. Tough to ask for better on any of those.

I still think Nolan is a very average DC and McCarthy is Jason Garrett with better PR.