John Lovett, Matthew Colburn II, Deveon Smith, Jacob Saylors UFL running backs

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Anthony McFarland Jr. RB San Antonio Brahmas

5-8/193 - Age 26 - 4.44 40 time - 2020 4th round pick out of Maryland

Tony Pollard role, he has 4 TD's (3 receiving) for the playoff bound Brahmas this season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let's understand something. We want to see our RB run through a hole in the defense. Rather than thinking it's about the RB, let's understand it's more about the guys creating the holes. So why aren't we talking about UFL talent that can do that?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
These guys are just going to get done playing a ten week UFL season (more for playoff teams), get about a month and a half of rest, and then go to an NFL training camp?

I mean I know KaVantae Turpin did it, but he was a not heavily used as a rookie outside of ST. With a running back it's a lot more wear and tear.the UFL and NFL need to work on a mutually beneficial relationship with players.
The NFL & UFL need to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with players.

For example, NFL teams can send down 2 to 3 players to get playing time and not lose their rights.

Any UFL player signed by a NFL team should get a 5-week roster exemption so the player has time to recover from the UFL season and NFL teams have time to get them up to speed after missing OTA's and the NFL offseason. Teams could opt to activate them before if they wished.

jujoboys

Reaction score
We are not looking for a top dog. We are looking for 3 dogs, that hopefully complement each other.
lol. Right now we have a few puppies and one 3 legged dog. Frankly I don't understand their philosophy. I want as many playmakers at the skilled positions as possible. Wouldn't it be nice to have a RB that scared the mess out of defenses. I want as many weapons on the field as possible. There is not a team out there scared of any of the scrubs in our backfield. Collectively and individually they strike zero fear in other teams.

Chasing6

Reaction score
lol. Right now we have a few puppies and one 3 legged dog. Frankly I don't understand their philosophy. I want as many playmakers at the skilled positions as possible. Wouldn't it be nice to have a RB that scared the mess out of defenses. I want as many weapons on the field as possible. There is not a team out there scared of any of the scrubs in our backfield. Collectively and individually they strike zero fear in other teams.
Not sure what your point is. That is what GM Jethro has decided to do.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Let's understand something. We want to see our RB run through a hole in the defense. Rather than thinking it's about the RB, let's understand it's more about the guys creating the holes. So why aren't we talking about UFL talent that can do that?
lets talk

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The NFL & UFL need to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with players.

For example, NFL teams can send down 2 to 3 players to get playing time and not lose their rights.

Any UFL player signed by a NFL team should get a 5-week roster exemption so the player has time to recover from the UFL season and NFL teams have time to get them up to speed after missing OTA's and the NFL offseason. Teams could opt to activate them before if they wished.
very good ideas

Chasing6

Reaction score

Two different player unions. That would be thought to accomplish. Good idea though. NFL needs a farm system other than college.

Colleges do not prepare NFL ready QB's.

conner01

Reaction score
Are all the players in the UFL free agents when their season ends?
These are the top running backs. They range from 24 to 29.
I say take a flyer on one, put them in the competition mix. It worked last year at kicker and returner. I know RB is different but RB is one of the most "plug and play" positions.
Any DT’s I’m not near as worried about RB as I am DT

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are all the players in the UFL free agents when their season ends?
These are the top running backs. They range from 24 to 29.
I say take a flyer on one, put them in the competition mix. It worked last year at kicker and returner. I know RB is different but RB is one of the most "plug and play" positions.
Turpin has worked out well for us.
Keep em coming.
It's not like it should be that difficult to improve on what we've got.

plymkr

Reaction score
We also got our kicker from the USFL/UFL. It's worth bringing in some camp bodies as you never know what will turn up.
Never hurts to churn the bottom of the roster, at any position. At worst you cut him and move on and at best you get an Audrey or Turpin.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jacob Saylors having a good game today. Bring him to camp.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think we have too many backs here now, it's good to have all these backs here when you have an actual Starter to give that starter rest in camp etc, but man we have all these backs because we don't know who's going to be the top dog
elliot is the top dog, fish already explained that. He will be the starter no matter what other guys do.
Dowdle is # 2
These other poor guys would have to run for a td every time they got a carry, to get past dowdle, and even then would not unseat elliot.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

the nfl is too paranoid of competition, and too greedy, and they wont want to spend any money on this.
Right now they can raid players for free, and the people running ufl should try and stop that as it can hurt their league.

Rayman70

Reaction score
John Lovette has game still
OIP.B2A4fjy_u_ztwo_QdwgJsQHaEk