Jonathan Cooper cut by Pats

fishspill

Reaction score
He was a favorite on this board in that draft. Any interest in giving him a third chance? Leary won't be here next year.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Pats released him today. He was supposed to be the second coming of Larry Allen once upon a time. He's still relatively young and might be worth a look now that our interior line depth is getting tested.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/08/patriots-cut-jonathan-cooper/
I remember that draft. Him and.... Warmack (?) were considered can't miss guards. I was choked we didn't get one of them, haha. I didn't know much about the NCAA back then, I was going on hype alone. Wonder what his issue is? I know he got hurt his first year.

For that matter, how is Warmack doing these days?

waldoputty

Reaction score
He has been injured. Probably worth a try given his low salary.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I remember that draft. Him and.... Warmack (?) were considered can't miss guards. I was choked we didn't get one of them, haha. I didn't know much about the NCAA back then, I was going on hype alone. Wonder what his issue is? I know he got hurt his first year.

For that matter, how is Warmack doing these days?

He's not doing near as bad as Cooper, but he never lived up to his hype either.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
worse case scenario for any player is being cut by the Pats only to be claimed by the Browns off waivers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is he better than Joe Looney?

I was a fan of his coming out of N. Carolina.

Verdict

Reaction score
I am a little bit surprised by the fact he hasn't been more successful in the league.