Jonathon Scott's pro-day

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I know some looked at him as a day one pick.. 17 reps sticks out to me. A little low for a 300# guy?

Jonathan Scott OL Scott (6-6, 322) has an arm length of 33 7/8 inches and a hand size of 10 inches. Did 17 bench presses

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9329030

I wish there was some way for the Cowboys to get a WR, FS, OT and LB (not necessarily in that order) all on day one. :(

Jackson, Allen, Carpenter & McNeill

:tantrum:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I'd look at Scott maybe where we draft in round 3, but not before

I think he's a guy you could develop at RT and LT...he needs work but has talent and good athletic ability for a guy that size

David

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
yea, 17 is not good

but then again things like that will change in time, its more about the kids work ethic.

peppersquad

Reaction score
I went to school with Jon and know him, but don't pretend to be a good friend or anything.

He's not the biggest guy compared to other Tackles, but I guarentee hes the most athletic and would kill any other lineman in the draft in basketball. Don't know what that means, but there it is.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
His arms seem rather long though. No matter how strong you are, long arms can kill you in something like the bench.

Woods

Reaction score
If Scott is a hard worker, there is no reason why he can't improve his strength over 1-2 years. That said, he probably doesn't have natural strength like some of the prospects coming out this year, but I'd bet he can improve it sufficiently well enough to get the job done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
At one time, NFL DraftBlitz.com had Scott rated as the overall #1. That amazed me then, it makes me scratch my head now.

At the Senior Bowl Scott was doing the Long Snapper duties. If he's there in the 3rd as one poster mentioned, I'd definitely take a chance on him.

dwmyers

Reaction score
SALADIN said:
I wish there was some way for the Cowboys to get a WR, FS, OT and LB (not necessarily in that order) all on day one. :(

Jackson, Allen, Carpenter & McNeill

:tantrum:

Hostile suggested a way a long time ago: trade down for Indy's first and second. But as others have pointed out, to move down someone has to want to move up. The meat of this draft is supposed to be picks 15-60.

David.