Jonathon Stewart has surgery

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
theogt;1997910 said:
I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on Stewart because I don't think he's going to be that good in the NFL.

Really?

I know he is not the guy you prefer, but does that really lead you to the position that you don't think he is going to be a good RB? That sort of smacks of excessively down-grading someone because you want to build up the guy you prefer.

How do you rank the RBs?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Florio saying those Florio type things again.

A collarbone injury is significant to a tailback because they kind of happen to use their shoulders to ram into defenders from time to time. The only difference is that it's quite common to break your collarbone and it tends to heal quickly.

YAKUZA

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cobra;1998001 said:
Really?

I know he is not the guy you prefer, but does that really lead you to the position that you don't think he is going to be a good RB? That sort of smacks of excessively down-grading someone because you want to build up the guy you prefer.

How do you rank the RBs?
I've never been high on him. It's not that I'm downgrading him because I want to upgrade some other player. I just don't like him as a running back, period. For example, I do like Mendhenhall. I would draft him in the first. I do like McFadden, I would draft him in the first.

My top 5 would probably go like this:

1. McFadden
2. Rice
3. Mendenhall
4. Choice
5. Stewart or Forte

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
stasheroo;1997811 said:
I might roll the dice at #28 but I think it's a safe bet that he'll slide at least somewhat because of this. This draft is deep at running back already, giving teams plenty of options.

I agree, if he is still on the board at #28 he will garner a very long look and all of our 10 minutes.

alancdc

Reaction score
masomenos85;1997774 said:
Why would anyone use a first day pick on a RB with a surgically repaired knee like Willis McGahee?

Why would anyone use a first day pick on a RB with two surgically repaired knees and a surgically repaired shoulder like Frank Gore?

Why would anyone use a first day pick on a WR with a surgically repaired wrist, as is the case with Limas Sweed?

Maybe because this isn't the 1930's and surgical medicine has advanced to the point where an athlete can still preform at a high level after, and in many cases because of, a surgery.

Nice recap Dr. House!

:eek::