Jones Got Robbed Today!!!

jchocolate82

Reaction score
I will be the first one to tell you I'm a total MB3 homer and thinks he should start but JJ got robbed today. He was actually running pretty hard and and had some damn nice plays but got screwed by our many penalties in the game. I think he showed a lot more today than the past two games. I just wanted to give JJ his props for today before the JJ vs MB3 debates negates what he really did today

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm wit ya. He lost at least 50 yards on penalties. he ran tough. He did that last time against CHI too.

dfense

Reaction score
that seems to happen alot. Whenever Julius breaks one off, I'm looking for flags.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Julius has had a few really good gains called back due to penalties this season. Had a couple in the first 2 games too. I hope he keeps his head up. He will get his. If he ever gets going, the opposing D will have a serious problem on their hands. Julius running all over the place, then here comes Marion the Barbarian. Sweet.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Gald I'm not the only one who noticed. Jones/Barber is a damn fine combo to have. Glad we have BOTH!

SS

:star:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That big run he broke off looked like a replay of his rookie year. Stupid penalties.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
skinsscalper;1665526 said:
Gald I'm not the only one who noticed. Jones/Barber is a damn fine combo to have. Glad we have BOTH!

SS

:star:

yeah me too, always have been

but sounds like MBIII migth get to be the man here with the injury big hitting us again

wonder how long JuJo will be out?

David

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Agree with all the sentiments in original post. Julius is getting a string of bad luck. Every time he makes some nifty moves and a big gain it's called back on a phantom call or a penalty that was not related to his success on the play.

He has been running hard and making some nice moves.

1st week he stepped outta bounds on a decent gain. Last week he stayed in and got 6-8 more yards on that pass to left sideline where he made 3 guys miss with quick jukes and sidesteps. We have a nice 1-2 punch that complements each other well. I have more confidence in Garrett and Wade using these 2 runners effectively than last years approach.

LarryCanadian

newlander

Reaction score
good points all. He will have his day though: maybe this week against the Rams. He got nicked tonight too. Looked like a rib or stomach injury. Hope he's ok.

JerryFan

Reaction score
one thing I want to comment on is how well both our backs block. they both are superb in pass protection and do a good job receiving also. good work fellas.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dbair1967;1665548 said:
I fixed that for you

David

One was legit -- totally unnecessary and unrelated to the outcome of the play but legit

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I agree with all the above comments too. But I want to give props to JChocolate82 for the original post. It's good to finally see a Barber homer that doesn't feel the need to blast JJ in order to justify his "love" of Barber. I love Barber too and agree he's been the better back. But JJ is not the chopped liver some make him out to be. He's had some bad luck with guys committing penalties.

sago1

Reaction score
While JJ won't officially get credit for the runs which called by because of penalties, the Cowboy records will fully reflect what he's done. Really pleased with him. He showed some moxie.