Jones' need to be careful about calling DLaw greedy

irishline

Reaction score
I forgot JJ is not the owner nor the GM....not wait

From the book : "Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s."

"Johnson contacted Minnesota Vikings General Manager Mike Lynn. Johnson told Lynn that he was going to trade Walker to Cleveland that afternoon, and that if Minnesota would like to trade for Walker, then it would cost them "players, draft picks, conditional picks, and provisions", giving Lynn a deadline of 6:30 p.m. Lynn, feeling Walker was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run, faxed Johnson that he was interested, and soon after negotiations ensued. In order to get Walker to agree to a trade, the Cowboys paid him a $1.25 million "exit bonus"

Not saying Jones wasn't a part of it but not seeing his name in there too much...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade#cite_note-Greatest_Team_Ever-3

ItzKelz

Reaction score
From the book : "Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s."

"Johnson contacted Minnesota Vikings General Manager Mike Lynn. Johnson told Lynn that he was going to trade Walker to Cleveland that afternoon, and that if Minnesota would like to trade for Walker, then it would cost them "players, draft picks, conditional picks, and provisions", giving Lynn a deadline of 6:30 p.m. Lynn, feeling Walker was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run, faxed Johnson that he was interested, and soon after negotiations ensued. In order to get Walker to agree to a trade, the Cowboys paid him a $1.25 million "exit bonus"

Not saying Jones wasn't a part of it but not seeing his name in there too much...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade#cite_note-Greatest_Team_Ever-3
I forgot JJ is not the owner and GM of the team.....no wait

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And if Jimmy wanted to keep walker guess what? The Cowboys never would have traded him. Jerry did what Jimmy wanted. Not the same now and hasn't been for a long time.
I forgot JJ is not the owner and GM of the team....no wait

uvaballa

Reaction score
Uh, yea, sign him so he can have his surgery and get ready for OTA's.............you draft players hoping they turn into a player like he has, then you don't want to pay them once they do.
When did fans become cheap? It’s not our money pay him so we can move on. If you’re not then let him go. I wonder how this will play out with all the other guys they need to sign? I’m sure they are watching closely.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I forgot JJ is not the owner nor the GM....not wait
LOL, ok, I'll play....Soooooo, good ole Jerry pulled off one of the NFL's biggest heists in the history of the NFL.........but hasn't been able to come even close to a trade that actually favors the Cowboys since then........29 years..............I guess that trade just took it all out of such a wheeler dealer like Jerry....:laugh::lmao2:...I'm sorry I just can't stop laughing that someone exists that actually believes what you replied.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
When did fans become cheap? It’s not our money pay him so we can move on. If you’re not then let him go. I wonder how this will play out with all the other guys they need to sign? I’m sure they are watching closely.
I'm sure there will be hard negotiations with the others too. Can't wait till we see when Dak's up for a new contract. The comments on this board will be classic. lol

uvaballa

Reaction score
LOL, ok, I'll play....Soooooo, good ole Jerry pulled off one of the NFL's biggest heists in the history of the NFL.........but hasn't been able to come even close to a trade that actually favors the Cowboys since then........29 years..............I guess that trade just took it all out of such a wheeler dealer like Jerry....:laugh::lmao2:...I'm sorry I just can't stop laughing that someone exists that actually believes what you replied.

Yeah he forgot the two firsts for Galloway, first/third/ fifth for Roy, etc.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It's only a game because JJ is not the owner or the GM of the team.....no wait

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The Jones' charge $9 a beer at AT&T Stadium.
They could lower the beer and other concession prices but they want to maximize profits.
Hard to get upset at players when they try to do the same.
Well the fat lard is greedy.

You dont see Jerry charging 23.5M per beer.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry, fresh out of the oil business, gets full credit for that one. :facepalm:
Even if JJ really was the owner and the GM of the team its not like the owner or GM would have anything to do with a trade.....no wait