Jonesitis of the Offense Has Infected Cowboy Fans

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What your problem? You got a burr under your saddle for some reason but honestly, I don't give a crap. Take it out on your dog. I included Walsh in a post, that wasn't even addressed to you. Get over it. If you don't like Walsh, then go find a club that can match the rest. What I posted was still true. If you don't like Walsh, then pretend his name is not there.

This is not a conversation. This is you acting like a Jackwagon. Don't get that confused.

Good Lord........

I see you are done trying to make your case and have resorted to the usual. lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQ, I agree with you but the greatest misuse of anything on this forum is stats to prove or disprove a point.

My stance with stats is take them or leave them but take them all if you are going to use them. And this forum loves stats. Especially selective stats.

I watched a lot of NFL last year and neither the Cowboys nor the Bucs had the best offenses that I saw, wouldn't put either in the top 5. Stats is like looking at the stats for the Ravens, particularly that run game, and not watching them play to see how that happened.

I agree that stats aren't the be all, end all. That's certainly true but when you look at stats on the whole, they tell you a story. The story our Offense tells is one of a sloppy, none disciplined team that seems to value putting up stats more then they do actually paying attention to the most fundamental things. That would be scoring and stopping other teams from scoring. We seem to be more interested in stats and not winning because we didn't do the things that actually win you games, on either side of the ball.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I see you are done trying to make your case and have resorted to the usual. lol

To you, absolutely. Truth be told, I was never talking to you to begin with and I'm damn sorry I am some what forced to do it as much as I have in these last few posts. Go be juvenile elsewhere. I'm all out of that.

What don't you get here? You don't agree, fine. I don't care. You do agree, also fine because again, I don't care.

mcmvp

Reaction score
KC completely shut down the 49ers O as KC mounted the comeback. Chris Jones was clearly the MVP of that game. I seriously don't know how you missed that.

I didn’t miss that. You will notice I said SB 52...not last year’s SB. It’s just one example.

Don’t miss-read my point. I would never say that defense is not important, or nonexistent. I love a good defense. My only point is that the evolvement of the rules in the NFL have continued to favor the offensive side for some years now. It is much harder to actually put a dominant defense on the field. I wish the rules didn’t favor the offense as much as they do...but it is what it is

conner01

Reaction score
Yes and no. On the flipside of that, if you continuously ignore weaknesses over flash, you won't get better. Works both ways.

And, since we signed Poemac, the need was not near as great. And then we stole Galley in the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don’t see lamb as flash
I see him as the best talent at the spot we picked

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t see lamb as flash
I see him as the best talent at the spot we picked

Oh, absolutely. However, too much flash and you won't get better. At some point, you're simply going to have to strengthen weaknesses, or no super bowl.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Oh, absolutely. However, too much flash and you won't get better. At some point, you're simply going to have to strengthen weaknesses, or no super bowl.

I'm sure there are some on here that turn off whenever we lose the ball....put their head in the sand.....turn back on in 5 minutes IN THE HOPE WE HAVENT CONCEDED.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I felt we paid respectable attention to the defense this year, even though it wasn't always a priority in the past. Let's see how that works out. ;)

Agree, but part of that was due to the luck that Diggs fell to us in the 2nd Round.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That helped, no doubt. The acquisition of Poe and McCoy in FA didn't hurt. Anae, Gallimore and Robinson didn't were nice, also.

Oh indeed, especially as on my personal board I was considering Anae and Robinson ll in the Second Round.