Jordan Reid mock 8/25/22

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

29. Dallas Cowboys
Noah Sewell, ILB, Oregon*

Dallas could use another wide receiver after trading Amari Cooper, but considering the franchise hasn't been shy about drafting linebackers in the first round in recent years, Sewell makes sense here. Adding the instinctive and physical hitter would free up Micah Parsons to work more off the edge. Sewell had 112 tackles and 4.0 sacks last season.

Biggest needs: LB, WR, CB

MrPhil

Reaction score
Better change that to:

18. *Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State (6-6, 315)
As a right guard last season, Johnson earned second-team All-Big Ten honors from the league coaches. Now, the rising junior will protect Stroud’s blindside in 2022. The Cincinnati native is currently a projection at left tackle, with questions about his timing and technique out in space. But with his size, strength and fluid movement skills, Johnson should be more natural at left tackle and could translate a breakout 2022 season into an early-round draft pick.

Source: Dane Brugler from The Athletic

RS12

Reaction score
Hmmm. What makes me think they wont be drafting at 29. I said mid to late teens before the most recent misfortune. I am thinking top 10 now.

RS12

Reaction score
Not in this division
You really need to be more pessimistic Darth. How bout this for a dream scenario: Draft top 4 and get either Stroud or Young. Then find a sucker to give you a one for Dak and strengthen the O Line? Highly unlikely but I always say if you're gonna, then dream big.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You really need to be more pessimistic Darth. How bout this for a dream scenario: Draft top 4 and get either Stroud or Young. Then find a sucker to give you a one for Dak and strengthen the O Line? Highly unlikely but I always say if you're gonna, then dream big.
I think if you are shooting for a high draft position, top 10 is incredibly optimistic. Almost hyperbolic. Even with Smith out its hard to imagine finishing lower than NY and Washington. It isnt even a sure that Philadelphia is better than us. They were one of the worst playoffs I can remember last year, and not remotely competitive with us head to head. I dont see us finishing below .500 in a division where the only other starting caliber QB is a guy no one wanted.

If your a draft position fan, the NFC is your nightmare. If you are that pessimistic, then thats your perogogitve. Personally I dont that level of pessimism rational

Beaker42

Reaction score

29. Dallas Cowboys

Dallas could use another wide receiver after trading Amari Cooper, but considering the franchise hasn't been shy about drafting linebackers in the first round in recent years, Sewell makes sense here. Adding the instinctive and physical hitter would free up Micah Parsons to work more off the edge. Sewell had 112 tackles and 4.0 sacks last season.

We should be drafting about 20 spots higher next draft.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

29. Dallas Cowboys

He got it all wrong. Time to start looking at the 8-12 range.