Jordy Nelson ruled OUT for Sunday

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They are down WR1 (Nelson), RB1 (Lacy), and CB1 (Shields).

Packers are a wounded animal and the Cowboys are going to put them down.

If the Cowboys are truly have a Super Bowl caliber roster, this should be a cake walk.
There really is no excuse to lose this game, Dallas has had 3 weeks off basically, totally rested, totally healthy, playing at home, and your opponent has significant injuries.

It doesn't get any easier than this fellas, if we cant win under these conditions there really is no excuse.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's possible, he passed for 294 and a TD in the first game when he was off his game, plus we got an INT off him. We got 4 turnovers in that game and despite Zeke putting up almost 160 rushing yards the Packers still led in time of possession. If you go back to the first game, Rodgers had a lot of time to throw most of the day but kept missing receivers. He missed a receiver who was wide open for a TD. That's not likely to happen this time around. It wouldn't shock me if he passes for over 400 yards on Sunday and 5+ TD's if he's on like he was last week and we were to have any issues converting 3rd downs like we've had this season. We're going to have to maintain the ball and keep the Packers offense off the field as much as we can.

Our offense can't afford to miss a beat on Sunday and we can't afford these drive killing penalties we've been having. We may have to score every time we get the ball. When Rodgers gets hot he's unstoppable, we saw that in the second half against the Giants last Sunday. The Packers put up well over 300 yards in the second half against NY. I just don't get where you think this should be a cake walk if we're a SB caliber team. This is a very good Packers team despite Lacy and Nelson being out. Rodgers makes this team which is why he's won multiple MVP awards, he has a golden arm.

You've had a habit all year of describing our opponent and naming all the good things that can go right for them and how they can click and how xyz can go wrong for the Cowboys and it can be a long day etc etc. Reading your posts would make one think we were a #6 seed that crawled into the playoffs instead of the #1 seed with the best nfc record. In the words of your Lord and savior Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X. We got this.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Can't get complacent, the packers have quality receivers other than Nelson.

Play like they are all healthy and don't let up , not for one second

Go Cowboys!

fifaguy

Reaction score
Listen... they are walking wounded dangerous.

We have to "strike" repeatedly at them from every phase of the game.
Sorta like the way you take Rousey out these days!

Imo this game means much more to the Cowboys than GB. You don't have to be wounded to be highly motivated....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You've had a habit all year of describing our opponent and naming all the good things that can go right for them and how they can click and how xyz can go wrong for the Cowboys and it can be a long day etc etc. Reading your posts would make one think we were a #6 seed that crawled into the playoffs instead of the #1 seed with the best nfc record. In the words of your Lord and savior Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X. We got this.

I haven't been pointing out everything that could go right for the Packers. When you analyze your own team you have to talk about everything they need to do win the game and the coaches do the same thing. There's things that could go wrong for both teams but I'm concerned with what could go wrong for the Cowboys. We all know Zeke is capable up putting up another 150+ on the Packers but we're going to have to make plays defensively or it might not matter how many yards he has on Sunday. Murray put up 123 on the Packers in 2014 but it wasn't enough to offset the production Aaron Rodgers had.

My posts indicate that I'm not thrilled with how the Cowboys have looked the past month, they're 2-2. They haven't looked bad but I haven't been as impressed lately with our play as I was earlier in the season. Mailing in the season finale pissed me off. Dak's number have come down some and off weeks seem to be more of a detriment to the Cowboys than helpful. Doesn't mean we can't win on Sunday but we can't afford to come out looking sluggish and have the Packers jump on us early. To get a win we may have to play our best game of the season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
CSwtI8IXIAAxATS.png

...9...10...He's out!

lockette-cart.jpg