Josh Allen and Firebaugh

RaZon

Reaction score
Always hearing about how he came from this little place west of Fresno out in the sticks called Firebaugh.

Yes out in the sticks is accurate, here we have a little farming community, lot of coyotes actually running in packs, biggest hawks you will see, hell, tarantulas.

0624134_CA_Firebaugh.png

See that nothing between Fresno and Firebaugh, yep. nothing but critters and tumbleweed.

Worked there on and off during my insurance days actualy spooky driving home around midnight back home to Visalia.

Take that area between Fresno and Bakersfield, we had...

Olympic decathlon gold medalists Rafer Johnson Kingsburgh, Bob Mathias Tulare
Olympic gold medalists Tommie Smith Lemoore, Leamon King Delano
Derek and David Carr and Frank Gifford Bakersfield.
Jim Johnson the bro of Rafer a Hall of Fame DB
Randy Williams Olympic long jump gold Fresno

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
Add....Lorenzo Neal Lemoore, Henry Ellard Fresno

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I don’t know if we can give you credit for Tommie Smith and Rafer Johnson as they both were born in Texas lol….J/K

RaZon

Reaction score
I don’t know if we can give you credit for Tommie Smith and Rafer Johnson as they both were born in Texas lol….J/K

Both left Texas as little kids, both of their athletic careers were at Kingsbugh HS for Rafer and Lemoore HS for Tommie.

Tommie has a younger bro named Ernie he was a 9,4/13,7 hurdler at Oregon State,

Funny thing about Tommie was his best event was the 200m, at the state meet it was 100, 400 and long jump, never ran the 200m.

Blues man Lead Belly is always considered to be a Texas blues man because that is where he grew up, but.....born in Louisiana.

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Front-runner for "Weird Thread of the year" award right here.

RaZon

Reaction score
Front-runner for "Weird Thread of the year" award right here.

What's weird is why Firebaugh is constantly mentioned when Allen plays, the big time talent from RinkyDinkyville a story.I suppose.

Yes, it's a desolate out in the middle of nowhere place. Driving home at night ya got the bats, all those eyes belonging to,..???

But.....this area of the world has had a lot of great athletes.

8.300 the current population, when I was working out there a lot less than that.