Twitter: Jourdan Lewis named Ed Block Courage award winner

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
don't know what that is, but i love j-lew, so good for him
Per Wiki

The Ed Block Courage Award is an annual award presented to a player from each team in the National Football League (NFL) who are voted for by their teammates as role models of inspiration, sportsmanship, and courage.[1] Named in memory of Ed Block, a humanitarian and athletic trainer for the Baltimore Colts, the award is administered by the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation.

He probably won due to his comeback from his injury.

Proof

Reaction score
Per Wiki

The Ed Block Courage Award is an annual award presented to a player from each team in the National Football League (NFL) who are voted for by their teammates as role models of inspiration, sportsmanship, and courage.[1] Named in memory of Ed Block, a humanitarian and athletic trainer for the Baltimore Colts, the award is administered by the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation.

He probably won due to his comeback from his injury.
even better!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
don't know what that is, but i love j-lew, so good for him
It's a Wolverines kind of year.

For everyone but Mazi...... :confused:

PS--I know some have had some beef with Lewis on some occasional coverage lapses, but I still maintain he's a far above average tackler in run support from the DB position. If he's in the area of the ball carrier, he doesn't miss many tackles in run support.

and as shown he has some good ball skills if he reads right. Jumped that route great the other night vs Detroit.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
He was a liability the first part of the season. He has been an asset the second half of the season.

Coming back from injury, I guess that was to be expected, but it seems like he is playing better these last few weeks than he was pre injury.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Reason to love Jordan Lewis: His “Splash Plays” seem to always come when you least expect it and at the most opportune time…and I have no problem with that. Congrats for the award.

Aven8

Reaction score
I read an article I believe in the PS that he wouldn’t even come out of his house and return players text etc he was so down as he thought his career was over. Then DQ and others made a house call and told him they needed him and he it got him out of his depression and here we are now. Paraphrasing here but it was a great story!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I read an article I believe in the PS that he wouldn’t even come out of his house and return players text etc he was so down as he thought his career was over. Then DQ and others made a house call and told him they needed him and he it got him out of his depression and here we are now. Paraphrasing here but it was a great story!
Wow! Great story. Good to know he has teammates that support him. Glad they helped him!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's a Wolverines kind of year.

For everyone but Mazi...... :confused:

PS--I know some have had some beef with Lewis on some occasional coverage lapses, but I still maintain he's a far above average tackler in run support from the DB position. If he's in the area of the ball carrier, he doesn't miss many tackles in run support.

and as shown he has some good ball skills if he reads right. Jumped that route great the other night vs Detroit.
I don't mind Lewis, Wilson and Kearse stepping up their game at the perfect time.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lewis is one the unsung heroes of this team and has been ever since he got here in 2017.

He's been a super solid member of the secondary and hats off to him for bouncing back from an injury that can make people have to step away from the game.