Image: Jourdan Lewis's right foot was on the goal line, ref blew it

Vandyr

Reaction score
The same rule as a punt or kickoff does not apply on an interception. The ball would have had to be on the goaline not a body part for the interception to be ruled a touchback.

By that logic, any ball caught out of the field of play, even if two feet are down inside the field of play, should be rule dead ball and not a catch. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying the ruling is stupid, considering where the feet are at the time of control is the determining factor in an NFL reception. See every single sideline catch.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That was pretty darn cool with the Awooooo right before the snap. You must be loud has heck. You should record yourself doing that at it will probably go viral. LVE has nothing on you.

Thanks @Furboy for sharing the stories and the photos. It is awesome that you were able to attend the event and the game.

Glad you liked it and were able to hear it. I am quite loud haha. It's funny cuz my main fursona is a horse, but I do have a fox/folf (wolf/fox hybrid) as my backup. Maybe I should look into that more with how loud my howl is. Fun fact, at the end of the con, a furry tradition is an end of the Con Awoo. I was one of the louder ones, and one of my friends said, "Not bad for a horse".

And yeah lol, I'd love to see what LVE thinks of my howl. If I get to go to another Cowboys game and this time at ATT, I'd love to show off my howl and with my new tail on. I bet LVE would be impressed lol.

So yeah, as @Blackthorn pointed out, if you listen carefully just before the snap when Trubisky threw the Int, you can hear a loud howl. That was I that did that. And I did it on a few other occasions.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ten pages about a correct call.
So it should not been a touch back. I am not familiar with the rule and wondered since they reviewed it a thousand times that they wouldn’t had gotten it right at the time. I thought maybe it should be because of the rule with players foot being on the line downing punts.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So it should not been a touch back. I am not familiar with the rule and wondered since they reviewed it a thousand times that they wouldn’t had gotten it right at the time. I thought maybe it should be because of the rule with players foot being on the line downing punts.
The ball belongs to the defensive team at the spot where the player’s foot or other body part touched the ground to establish possession. If that spot is in the end zone, the result of the play is a touchback, even if the ball is not on, above, or beyond the goal line. (11-6-1)

This was posted by @Blackthorn and seems to indicate it should’ve been a TB. I’m not sure what I’m missing if that’s not what it indicates.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The ball belongs to the defensive team at the spot where the player’s foot or other body part touched the ground to establish possession. If that spot is in the end zone, the result of the play is a touchback, even if the ball is not on, above, or beyond the goal line. (11-6-1)

This was posted by @Blackthorn and seems to indicate it should’ve been a TB. I’m not sure what I’m missing if that’s not what it indicates.
Only thing I could figure is that the toe drag to gain possession was at the half yard line.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Only thing I could figure is that the toe drag to gain possession was at the half yard line.
Right. But others are stating things like “his momentum didn’t carry him in the end zone”

I don’t know the answer, but I’d like the debate to be settled. I guess some say it is. That it isn’t a TB.

I like to hear it explained why that rule above doesn’t apply.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Right. But others are stating things like “his momentum didn’t carry him in the end zone”

I don’t know the answer, but I’d like the debate to be settled. I guess some say it is. That it isn’t a TB.

I like to hear it explained why that rule above doesn’t apply.
Any other time a opposing team gets the ball if the foot is on the line it’s a touch back. Many times defenders stop a punt right at the goal line but it’s a touch back because there foot touches the line. I don’t get it. It wouldn’t surprise me if the refs blew the call.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Nice catch for him and you and another indictment on Jason Garrett's incompetence, not that we needed more.
Why would you blame JG? The guys in the booth relay that info to Jason. They either didn't see it or didn't get it to him fast enough. Not sure how the refs missed this one. You would think with all the replay crap the NFL has now, nothing would be missed.....ever.