Journalist Nora Vincent Dead at 53

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You may have seen her work on TV magazine shows. This the journalist who got made up to look like a man, and then lived as a man to see how the other half lives. She was surprised by how much more difficult many things are for a man. She then wrote a book about it named Self-Made Man. I really respect her for her courage and her work. She will be missed.

https://www.legacy.com/news/celebri...968-2022-bestselling-author-of-self-made-man/

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is it true that in some countries they allow assisted suicide for those suffering from mental issues, but who are otherwise fairly young and healthy?

I had read that is what she did, but not positive.

Either way
RIP

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Is it true that in some countries they allow assisted suicide for those suffering from mental issues, but who are otherwise fairly young and healthy?

Either way
RIP

Yeah, I think she went to Switzerland because assisted suicide is legal there, but I didn't find out what she was suffering from. I don't know if it was mental issues or if she had some terrible physical disease.

In any event, she'll be missed. RIP, Nora Vincent.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Either way
RIP
She died in a clinic in Switzerland it was medically induced suicide

nobody

Reaction score
Yeah, I think she went to Switzerland because assisted suicide is legal there, but I didn't find out what she was suffering from. I don't know if it was mental issues or if she had some terrible physical disease.

In any event, she'll be missed. RIP, Nora Vincent.

I just looked into it. It seemed to be depression. What a shame.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I just looked into it. It seemed to be depression. What a shame.

Wow, that is really sad. She made big contributions to journalism. If you haven't seen her deal where she got made up as man and lived life as a man to see what it's like, I highly recommend it. She made a major effort to see life from another point of view. While other women simply assumed the ultra BS that men have it super easy and only women suffer, she looked hard for the truth. When she found it, she was like, "My God, men have it tough and suffer a lot, and women have a lot of advantages that men don't." I respect her for making such an honest and difficult effort to learn the truth instead of just memorizing all the clichés and thinking that makes her smart. She was genuinely curious and wanted to uncover the truth, whatever it may be, rather than trying to mold a "truth" to fit preconceived notions, like so many people do.

It's why it's such a bummer that she's gone. It's tough to face hard truths, and I think that caught up with her, depressing her. I would rather have seen her get the best quality treatment possible for depression. She was a true journalist who made sacrifices to uncover the truth. She never molded the truth into what she wanted it to be to make it sexy and sell stories. This is a huge loss. She will be missed.