JPJ or Frazier

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Who is the better runblocker? Who is the guy who could move a 330lb NT? That is who I want.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Something is going on with JPJ! Don’t know what it is but the draft show live yesterday seemed to indicate he might be off the board.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Something is going on with JPJ! Don’t know what it is but the draft show live yesterday seemed to indicate he might be off the board.
I think you might be right; but it is surprising that there is no buzz about him as regards being off boards

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Center class stretches after those two elite options, they will have an opportunity to at the very least replace Biaz's lost production. However, if they want to fix their run game, I would try to land 1 of those top 2 elite options.

tm1119

Reaction score
It could be a medical issue…but it could also very likely just be position value. Only 2 interior OL guys went in Fautanu and Barton and both went slightly later than expected. JPJ getting pushed down from late 1st to early 2nd isn’t that surprising considering how the 1st round went.

And just want to point out that being big and strong and being able to move 330 lb NT’s isn’t the most important part of being a C. Kelce was one of the best to ever do it and he was 295 with short arms

gtb1943

Reaction score
It could be a medical issue…but it could also very likely just be position value. Only 2 interior OL guys went in Fautanu and Barton and both went slightly later than expected. JPJ getting pushed down from late 1st to early 2nd isn’t that surprising considering how the 1st round went.

And just want to point out that being big and strong and being able to move 330 lb NT’s isn’t the most important part of being a C. Kelce was one of the best to ever do it and he was 295 with short arms
a one off like Kelce means nothing; Stepnoski was also small but he was a one of too. Look at the last 10 ALL Pro centers and you will find different outside of Kelce

TheDank

Reaction score

True but it’s an advantage if they can.

tm1119

Reaction score
a one off like Kelce means nothing; Stepnoski was also small but he was a one of too. Look at the last 10 ALL Pro centers and you will find different outside of Kelce
I actually think you might need to take a look at that list…

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Cowboys won’t draft either of the two remaining elite C’s. Instead they’ll take the injured RB and hope he heals in time for the Thanksgiving day game.

tm1119

Reaction score
which ones have short arms?
You’re the 1 that made the bold statement without doing any research. How about try it?

OC’s with arms longer that 33” and over about 315 pounds are the exception, not the standard. Most are 6’1-6’3 and 295-315 with arms under 33”. I’ve had this same argument with people that don’t know what they are talking about for like 3 straight off-seasons. I think Tyler Linderbaum being “too small” probably kicked it off.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You’re the 1 that made the bold statement without doing any research. How about try it?

OC’s with arms longer that 33” and over about 315 pounds are the exception, not the standard. Most are 6’1-6’3 and 295-315 with arms under 33”. I’ve had this same argument with people that don’t know what they are talking about for like 3 straight off-seasons. I think Tyler Linderbaum being “too small” probably kicked it off.

so your definition of short arms for centers is the same as for OT which shows you really do not know as much as you claim

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I kind of hope that it is a medical question that pushes him to the third, where there is more value in taking him despite the question. One thing about it, we did not see medicals being an issue with this play last year. Who knows, if it's a big enough question, it could push him to the late rounds or even UDFA. Hopefully, since we seemed to have a good interview with him, we could sway him to come here.