Juanyeh Thomas was 7th among all safeties in the league per PFF in coverage grade

Aven8

Reaction score
This dude has to be our new starter going forward IMO. It’s time to trim the fat

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Minus one good vet safety to come in and teach the youngster's. I think and feel pretty good about this spot moving forward. Plus Wilson brings the heat...His coverage could get better....

Mr_437

Reaction score
I really liked how Thomas played, however, I have to see good play for an entire season. That being said, I also want to trade Hooker (for a draft pick and cap relief) and start Thomas at FS next season.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Don’t understand the writer’s tone there. This just seems like more of an indictment on the coaching staff that they barely played a better defensive player.
It's in vogue now to taunt and trash the fans. And with social media everyone is a "professional" writer even though they use infantile words like hater.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Gotta give credit though. Kearse came in here & played really well for a few years. Helped solidify what had been a terrible part of our defense. Time may have caught up but that's just part of it.
Kearse played well for one year in 2021. 2022 was spotty at best. 2023 was awful IMO. I think injuries were a big part of his rapid decline.

As far as Thomas goes, he should have been getting more snaps all season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fantastic. Why didn’t we see him on the field more? On PFF, you can tinker with the player rankings by choosing to view players who took 25%, 50%, or 75% of the teams snaps. When you use anything other than the 75% one, you start getting players you have never heard of in the rankings.

Carson

Reaction score
Kearse is probably gone so yeah there’s a spot at safety though I don’t know if they want him to play the Kearse role.
Keep it Wilson and Hooker for now.
Draft a real LB.

Let Thomas be the starter of the future.

No more 3 safety crap

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep. Not sure what happened. But it was clear Thomas should have been getting some of his snaps down the stretch.
Development is a slow process and a matter of opportunities early in careers...for sure. The kid has talent and will help in projecting cap building for team cap building. :popcorn: Even if that involves Jerry, Stephen, and McCarthy...

Have to call out the regulators...

ghst187

Reaction score
UDFA Thomas > all of our draft picks including first and second rounders.