Juanyeh Thomas was 7th among all safeties in the league per PFF in coverage grade

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Not a fan of players that have to get up and peacock after EVERY SINGLE PLAY they are involved in.

Cool...I want you to be pumped about your hard work paying off. BUT AFTER EVERY SINGLE PLAY YOU PUT YOURSELF INTO?

Its weird after a while

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not a fan of players that have to get up and peacock after EVERY SINGLE PLAY they are involved in.

Cool...I want you to be pumped about your hard work paying off. BUT AFTER EVERY SINGLE PLAY YOU PUT YOURSELF INTO?

Its weird after a while
Once, individual TD celebrations were very popular as well..

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another youngster #BrandonLoree who has discovered the term 'hater.' So tired of this behavior from someone who's pretty new to the game.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Kearse is a FA. Pair Thomas up with Hooker on the back end to strengthen deep coverage. Let Dono run Kearse's role in limited packages, and rotate the three as necessary. Also need to find a firm role for Bell. He's nice as a pinch coverage LB, but he's one of the reasons we were steamrolled in the run game.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I frankly believe a new DC will go a long way to improving things. Add a great MLB and another ILB and the D is better overnight. I'm not saying this is all it needs as a huge, talented DT will help also.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Once we get legit LBs then we can play some actual safeties instead of these hybrids we play around with.
Should be good scenario for Thomas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gotta give credit though. Kearse came in here & played really well for a few years. Helped solidify what had been a terrible part of our defense. Time may have caught up but that's just part of it.
Yeah he was a great find. Nothing against him. He gave us a solid 3 years. All you can ask for. Far more than I expected when we looked at him I thought he was a PS candidate. Played great football.

Proof

Reaction score
Kearse played well for one year in 2021. 2022 was spotty at best. 2023 was awful IMO. I think injuries were a big part of his rapid decline.

As far as Thomas goes, he should have been getting more snaps all season.
yeah, since pre-season I kept expecting to see more of him and it never really materialized. not sure why

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Not a big sample size but he is probably better than the vets we got for sure. Would be interesting to see what a new DC would do with him.
We technically have 1 LB and 18 safeties. I don't know what any DC will do with Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Thomas, Bell, Mukuamu, etc, especially if they play a base defense more than anything else and just need two.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
With this defense, we are not that far off from being truly good. I'd personally like to Get a hold of Bobby Wagner , and a DT lineman via Free Agency

So that would be Hankins and a REAL D Tackle D Law Sam Williams

LB's Wagner, Micah , Overshown

Diggs-Bland-Gilmore

Wilson and Bell

Thomas Gives us depth along with Hooker

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I
Exactly how are you going to do that?

The only chance was in FA and he didn't even look the Cowboys way saying he wanted to play in Seattle.
thought I read somewhere that he was a Free Agent, Yeah I just looked it up. He only signed a 1 year deal last year. News reports says that he isn't even thinking about retirement

Last edited: