Twitter: Judge Faillas husband worked on the CBA

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No. Law firms handle hundreds of cases and settlements. If he had worked on it, that would be one thing. But this doesn't amount to conflict of interest. Besides, his firm has already gotten paid for their work. How does he benefit by his wife's decision? That's the key question.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Given that she said that it's in the CBA that you can only ask for something in the CBA of course they went to one whose husband and or firm knew for sure that it wasn't in the CBA.

Asking to interview the girl or the arbitraitor is not granted in the CBA and therefore they had no grounds to ask for it.

Zeke never had a real chance of beating this. All that's happened is instead of missing the first six games (and probably be 3-3 anyway) now he will miss six far more important games.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
let-me-show-you-my-shocked-face-quitmemes-com-14212859.png

lqmac1

Reaction score
His lawyers should ask for another hearing. That's bull****!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All that's happened is instead of missing the first six games (and probably be 3-3 anyway) now he will miss six far more important games.
From the team point of view, yes. From the individual who is accused of something he claims he is innocent of that will greatly impact his financial future and possibly linger over him the rest of his life while also putting him at risk of a lifetime ban for one mere accusation from someone else, it's a completely different set of priorities. I think it's also safe to say that most people, assuming they had the financial means to afford it, would fight something like this non-stop because not doing so would end up being worse than any 6 week punishment would offer.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't neceessarily think it is a conflict of interest but I do think they could have talked about the case and how the CBA was worded to allow Goodell to do this sort of thing. That, in and of itself could have affected her decision rather than the exact merits of this case and the fundamental unfairness involved in it. Could have changed her entire perspective on the case.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
From the team point of view, yes. From the individual who is accused of something he claims he is innocent of that will greatly impact his financial future and possibly linger over him the rest of his life while also putting him at risk of a lifetime ban for one mere accusation from someone else, it's a completely different set of priorities. I think it's also safe to say that most people, assuming they had the financial means to afford it, would fight something like this non-stop because not doing so would end up being worse than any 6 week punishment would offer.

Oh don't get me wrong. I think Elliott should fight till the bitter end. I don't blame him in the least.

From a fan stand point is what I mean when I said all this has or will change.

khiladi

Reaction score
The great thing about this is it's picking up all sorts of steam now on the Internet sites.. So if the message gets out there, it may be another PR disaster for the NFL...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don't neceessarily think it is a conflict of interest but I do think they could have talked about the case and how the CBA was worded to allow Goodell to do this sort of thing. That, in and of itself could have affected her decision rather than the exact merits of this case and the fundamental unfairness involved in it. Could have changed her entire perspective on the case.

Considering thAT all the other Judges who have heard this case all believed the bolded to be a legit argument. I would say that if 100% impacted her decision. The next CBA is in a few years, and I am sure we can guess which law firm wants in on that.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The ruling was drafted ahead of time even before the hearing last night.

Maybe the judge took a lot of time to give the impression she was actually thinking this through and drafting the ruling, when in fact it already was done... I wouldn't put it past the whole lot...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Maybe the judge took a lot of time to give the impression she was actually thinking this through and drafting the ruling, when in fact it already was done... I wouldn't put it past the whole lot...

I would have to agree

khiladi

Reaction score
Considering they all the other Judges who have heard this case all believed the bolded to be a legit argument. I would say that if 100% impacted her decision. The next CBA is new a few years, and I am sure we can guess which law firm wants in on that.

Good point regarding the law firm wanting in on the next CBA. I never thought about that agle and those financial interests at play. This brings up Jerry though.. A CBA like this last one benefits him as an owner....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Considering they all the other Judges who have heard this case all believed the bolded to be a legit argument. I would say that if 100% impacted her decision. The next CBA is new a few years, and I am sure we can guess which law firm wants in on that.
Absolutely. This is BLATANTLY corrupt. Almost laughably so.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Good point regarding the law firm wanting in on the next CBA... This brings up Jerry though.. A CBA like this last one benefits him as an owner....

Listening to Jerry though he seems to want to fix some stuff, like the NFL's policy on weed, and issues like this. He is obviously not happy with Goodell and the NFL. He might like the financial aspect of it, but I think he is willing to give up some to look out for the players. JMO