News: Julio Jones won't sitout for new contract - Amari Cooper

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As long as they get Dak done before next offseason they'll just slap the tag on AC.

No way he's leaving in 2020, imo.

Been saying we have to get DLaw and Dak min 2019 so you can save 2020 tag for Coop. I expect him and his agent to try and leverage the cost we paid to their advantage.

Johnny23

Reaction score
You know if Cooper were Julio Jones I would say get it done. Im a little skeptical about giving Cooper big money right now because of his history in Oakland. He was drafted and had a pretty good season then got worse for whatever reason he had a very high drop rate. He had a pretty good season last year and I would just like to see it one more time before paying him. I just dont like the idea of paying a WR 20 mil though. I dont know what he is asking but we have seen the Giants and the Steelers let these high paid WRs walk. Teams that win the SB dont usually have an elite WR.
He has been consistently up and down. You're right and everyone thought he was going to explode going into 2017 given the year he had in '16 and everything fell off the rails in Oakland and a pass happy coach in Gruden trades him. Then gets the best complete wr since Jerry Rice in AB this off season. He is a nice kid and all but his yo yo like play isn't going to cut it for any lucrative contract.