Julius highlights from MNF (video clips)

JDSmith

Reaction score
Some Julius highlights from Monday. I tried to stick to plays that picked up at least 5 yards. I left out one 15 yard play that took place on third and 20, I feel like those are stat padders - the D is playing no prevent the first down and they'll gladly give 10 or 15 yards on a draw play to do so. I did include the play called back because of the weak holding call, JJ did a great job of bouncing that one outside even though there were guys in the backfield almost as soon as he took the handoff. I didn't include any sound, because I can't stand to listen to that idiot Michaels for another second, and Madden has become a caricature of himself. All total there are 9 plays in the usual format, divx encoded into a single 12 meg zip.

JJ vs Seattle

Edit: The play we were looking at in the other thread, about Julius and the O line, is a replay of 03JJS

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!! I kind of like the sound, especially hearing Madden's comments right before JJ scored the last TD. He was really praising what he saw out of JJ. Thanks for posting!

JDSmith

Reaction score
Most of my caps are made without sound, I don't even bother to get it off the tivo. I usually just use my clips for making videos, and I always end up putting music to them so the sound is a waste of space and effort for me, I don't archive whole games. Every once in a while I'll capture sound as well, but mainly I leave it off.

BringthePain

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Some Julius highlights from Monday. I tried to stick to plays that picked up at least 5 yards. I left out one 15 yard play that took place on third and 20, I feel like those are stat padders - the D is playing no prevent the first down and they'll gladly give 10 or 15 yards on a draw play to do so. I did include the play called back because of the weak holding call, JJ did a great job of bouncing that one outside even though there were guys in the backfield almost as soon as he took the handoff. I didn't include any sound, because I can't stand to listen to that idiot Michaels for another second, and Madden has become a caricature of himself. All total there are 9 plays in the usual format, divx encoded into a single 12 meg zip.

JJ vs Seattle

Edit: The play we were looking at in the other thread, about Julius and the O line, is a replay of 03JJS

Did you ever know that you're my hero? Cause you are the RB behind my life.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
just curious, what do you need to create these clips? Tivo that you download to your computer? All of us computer dummies thank you for your efforts. :)

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Thanks Jd, I can't wait till someone puts up some season highlights of JJ......whoever does better put a good song with it.... :D

JDSmith

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
just curious, what do you need to create these clips? Tivo that you download to your computer? All of us computer dummies thank you for your efforts. :)
There are a couple of ways to do it. The simplest is to buy a cheap capture card without a tv tuner (I use the pinnacle xcapture card, $32 on newegg.com) and just run your svideo from the tivo to that. Then I just use virtual vcr and record them to a hard drive where I deinterlace and tweak them with virtualdub.

Or you could download some software and hack your tivo so that the stream runs through your nework to the computer without ever being converted or altered - that way you don't lose any quality at all over the directv stream, it's literally the same thing. But that's too much trouble for me because I have heard that some people have issues once they network the tivo and computer and the old fashioned way works OK.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes thank you.

And by the way the defender did have an angle on Julius on that 50 yard run for those that said he did not.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Yes thank you.

And by the way the defender did have an angle on Julius on that 50 yard run for those that said he did not.

Trufant would have cought him if hamlin didnt

keds

Reaction score
Watching these video clips over and over again I noticed how sometimes Allen and Al Johnson block their man, disengage, and then get a good enough block on a linebacker to clear a lane for JJ. Gurode and Tucker don't seem to have that ability. Hotel just seems to swallow up the guy he's blocking. The receivers are impressive too. While they may not block perfectly, they engage their man long enough to give JJ some room to manuever. You can tell blocking has been emphasized this season. They just didn't have the runner until now.

JDSmith

Reaction score
You need to go to www.divx.com and on top of the page is a tab labled 'divx' click that and it'll take you to a page where you can download the free codec. Once you install the codec you can view it on any player that handles avi files.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
JD, nice clips, just my opinion they are alot better with sound..thanks

JDSmith

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
JD, nice clips, just my opinion they are alot better with sound..thanks
Yeah, but like I said, I don't make them with sound. I never have sound on them because they are only made for videos where they'll end up with music. Sound takes space and I'll have hundreds of clips by the end of the season. So for me, sound is just a bother.

Duane

Reaction score
Thanks for the great clips. Hopefully you'll have enough clips by year end to do a cool video like the Roy Williams one.