Julius Jones 2.1 (video)

JDSmith

Reaction score
OK, there is another version of the video now. Actually there are two new versions, but only one is uploaded. One is an updated and tweaked version of Hotstepper, Hotstepper 1.1 maybe. I changed some of the clips and went with some better camera angles for some. It's basically the same video, but with some minor improvements. That one isn't uploaded yet, I'll probably do it tomorrow.

Then I redid that same video to 'Surfing With the Alien' by Joe Satriani. Basically it's hotstepper 1.1, but streamlined. I removed any static points in the video and tightened the whole thing up a lot. Because the song dictates the pace Hotstepper had a more relaxed pace than JJ 2.1 - there is a lot less downtime between plays now. When you add in the faster music it creates a much different feel IMO. As difficult as it is to believe I think Julius actually looks much quicker in the new video, even though it's the same clips.

One thing I found out accidentally is that when ESPN shows their 'skycam' footage that is actually slowed down about 15%. It's not enough to notice with the naked eye, especially because you're not used to seeing things from that angle, but they take video that's normally 29.97 frames per second and reduce it to around 25 frames per second. When I went to replace some of the original clips from the Giants game with the skycam footage they didn't fit into the same space because the slower frame rate means the play takes longer to show - a video clip that took slightly over 4 seconds in real time took 5 seconds flat when shown from the skycam angle. That was just something that I thought was interesting, not sure why they would slow the video slightly, but it seems that they do.

Next I'm going to streamline the Witten video and really try to tighten that up so I can fit more plays in.

bipladen

Reaction score
what do i use to watch it because when i use winamp the quality is all blurred up and you cant see ****

JDSmith

Reaction score
I just downloaded it and tried it out, it plays fine for me. All I can suggest is to reinstall divx if anyone is having problems with it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Very good work, JD... as always.

It's real nice to be able to watch that in the middle of a loooooong offseason.

Thank you for doing it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JD, I know I've asked you this before, but what program do you use for making these videos? I tried the one you had recommended but figuring out that program was like trying to read chinese. I've been using windows movie maker. It's really easy to use, but you don't have a lot of "extras" you can do with it. I think I'm ready to start trying to read that chinese now. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Excellent work as usual. Is it me or does JJ look like a cross between TD and Emmitt. He has TD's speed and Emmitt vision and cutting ability.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Tio said:
I would be flattered if I were you :/

'Mornin CBZ, why are you up early?

I'm up early every morning....morning Tio

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Great job JD. The speed of the Satch song really does match well with his speed. I didn't see the first one so I can't say if this is better but it is very good.

Thanks

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
I just downloaded it and tried it out, it plays fine for me. All I can suggest is to reinstall divx if anyone is having problems with it.

Download the latest Divx codec

JDSmith

Reaction score
Rack said:
JD, I know I've asked you this before, but what program do you use for making these videos? I tried the one you had recommended but figuring out that program was like trying to read chinese. I've been using windows movie maker. It's really easy to use, but you don't have a lot of "extras" you can do with it. I think I'm ready to start trying to read that chinese now. :D

Virtualdub with the ffdshow filters for everything except putting the clips in order to music. Then I use adobe premiere to order the clips. Then back to virtualdub for final coding.