Julius Jones 3 strikes your out

landryscorner

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to the Forum thanks for having me.

I was looking for a forum to get some feedback on Julius Jones because it sucks that espn doesnt focus on the other players on the DC team except for TO which by the way im sick and tire of by now.

Well we all know about Julius' injuries in the past Im a little concerned not only by his injuries but by his future in terms of contracting with the cowboys, we all know that Jerry Jones likes to pay out when a player proves that he's worth the big bucks just like when Emmitt held out and got his big contract after the first superbowl.

Well I see that same trend happenning with Julius Jones. The thing is I haven't seen that kind of production from him in his past 2 seasons, sure he had some great games, but lets face it he has not been consistent. It's a shame. I really like him as a running back, he knows he has big shoes to fill and he knows all the running back history in Dallas.

So what you guys think? IS this Julius' season? Is he running out of time to pick up his stock value so that Jerry shells out that money or will he be released at the end of his contract? I guess this season might answer a lot of questions about Jones, dont get me wrong I wish the best for him and I will be watching him during games to keep track of his progress. thanks guys

joseephuss

Reaction score
This is Julius Jones chance to earn big bucks once his contract is up. He has to show that he can be a durable, reliable back. He has shown some very good running when healthy. I think if he has more injury problems, Dallas will still keep him around, they just won't give him a huge contract, nor will they rely solely on him. They will find someone else as the primary back. Here is hoping for the best.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
landryscorner said:
Hi guys I'm new to the Forum thanks for having me I was looking for a forum to get some feedback on Julius Jones because it sucks that espn doesnt focus on the other players on the DC team except for TO which by the way im sick and tire of by now. Well we all know about Julius' injuries in the past Im a little concerned not only by his injuries but by his future in terms of contracting with the cowboys, we all know that Jerry Jones likes to pay out when a player proves that he's worth the big bucks just like when Emmitt held out and got his big contract after the first superbowl, well I see that same trend happenning with Julius Jones thing is I havent seen that kind of production from him in his past 2 seasons, sure he had some great games, but lets face it he has not been consistent, its a shame I really like him as a running back, he knows he has big shoes too fill and he knows all the running back history in Dallas. So what you guys think? IS this Julius' season? Is he running out of time to pick up his stock value so that Jerry shells out that money or will he be released at the end of his contract? I guess this season might answer a lot of questions about Jones, dont get me wrong I wish the best for him and I will be watching him during games to keep track of his progress. thanks guys
1) welcome
2) your username confuses me
3) I think if Julius struggles with his health again, his time in Dallas may be coming to a close. Everyone seems to like MBIII quite a bit, and a complementary guy to him could always be drafted next year.

superpunk

Reaction score
:welcome:

It's better for everyone that Julius gets consistent, and stays on the field. It's put up or shut up time. I don't think 4 sub-par games followed up with one superstar performance is going to cut it anymore. The superstar games are nice, but that consistency is necessary.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Julius Jones is NOT the same running back he was during his rookie season.

joseephuss

Reaction score
superpunk said:
:welcome:

It's better for everyone that Julius gets consistent, and stays on the field. It's put up or shut up time. I don't think 4 sub-par games followed up with one superstar performance is going to cut it anymore. The superstar games are nice, but that consistency is necessary.

He doesn't have strings of sub-par games followed by a stellar one. He is pretty consitent when he plays. The problem is that he doesn't play every game. I thought he was doing pretty well last year before he was injured. He wasn't having 100 yard games that make everyone easily happy, but he was moving the ball against some stout defenses in San Diego and Washington. He averaged 81.4 yards a game the first 5 games and then got hurt. His high was only 93 yards in the 5 game stretch.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Welcome aboard.

Julius Jones is NOT the same running back he was during his rookie season.

I agree---I still think Parcells has taken away his instints.

Is that Landry's corner or Landry scorner:

WELCOME

superpunk

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
He doesn't have strings of sub-par games followed by a stellar one. He is pretty consitent when he plays. The problem is that he doesn't play every game. I thought he was doing pretty well last year before he was injured. He wasn't having 100 yard games that make everyone easily happy, but he was moving the ball against some stout defenses in San Diego and Washington. He averaged 81.4 yards a game the first 5 games and then got hurt. His high was only 93 yards in the 5 game stretch.

I like Julius, really, rteally, really like him. But let's take alst year. Take out Carolina, where JJ had 34 carries, for 194 yards and 2 TDs.

That leaves JJ with 223 carries for 799 yards. That's a 3.6 ypc average. That's sub-par to me. And it's not entirely his fault.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I like Julius, really, rteally, really like him. But let's take alst year. Take out Carolina, where JJ had 34 carries, for 194 yards and 2 TDs.

That leaves JJ with 223 carries for 799 yards. That's a 3.6 ypc average. That's sub-par to me. And it's not entirely his fault.

your right, its not his fault...the guy has proven when he's out there he can do the job...he's had some huge games against good teams...he isnt a one game wonder

he had two bad injuries...it isnt like he said he was having menstrual cramps and couldnt go...if he stays healthy he'll get 1200-1400 yds and 10-14 tds this yr

David

joseephuss

Reaction score
superpunk said:

That is why I don't see Jones as being sub-par. I see the Dallas running game as a whole as being sub-par. When I watch him run with the holes that are created or not created by the offensive line, he did well. Not great, but well. Hambrick or the Emmitt from his last couple of years would not have averaged more than 3.6 with that blocking last season. Emmitt in his prime would have averaged higher, but he is one of the best ever. Jones on game day is more than adequate for what Dallas needs to be successful. Getting him to every game day is the big concern.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
:welcome: Nice first post. I think we all are looking forward to having a healthy and successful J Jones on the roster. I think Barber is going to give him a run for his money. They both bring a little different character to the running game. I'm not sure you're going to see one featured back here in Dallas as in the past though. Even if JJ runs like we all know he can you are still going to see Barber or another running back in there. Again welcome.

superpunk

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
your right, its not his fault...the guy has proven when he's out there he can do the job...he's had some huge games against good teams...he isnt a one game wonder

he had two bad injuries...it isnt like he said he was having menstrual cramps and couldnt go...if he stays healthy he'll get 1200-1400 yds and 10-14 tds this yr

David

That would thrill me. 4.3 ypc would thrill me.

lspain1

Reaction score
It may be pre-season, but Barber's receiving out of the backfield along with good downhill running has impressed me more than Julius. We'll see what happens but my prediction today would be we see more Barber and less Jones as the season progresses. Barber seems to fit better with our OL play so far.

landryscorner

Reaction score
and thanks for your replys

It's Landry's corner, and im happy to talk about my favorite NFL team
Dallas Cowboys!!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
sorry to say it but julius is a pretty average back in my mind. He is one dimensional and runs right directly into a giant mountain of a pile too many times for me to ever think very highly of him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As usual the voice of reason is missing. Everyone KNOWS our O line sucked last year. Even the great MB did not do much either (sarcasm). Show me a RB that looks good without at least SOME good blocking. You dont get 194 and 198 yds against PLAYOFF teams if you are not good.