Julius Jones: I Suffered TWO concussions in the first three games

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Jones claims he suffered two concussions in the season's first three games, the Dallas Morning News reports.
Spin: A recurring concussion problem could explain Jones' steady week-to-week drop in effectiveness this season. "Any player that gets banged up a little bit, you're highly sensitive to," head coach Wade Phillips said. "But... our guys are monitoring all that. They haven't told me it's been a problem." Jones is looking to get a new helmet in an effort to provide him with better protection.

-----

This is from ESPN, I was completely unaware of this. It was my impression, that the league had decided that if a player suffers a concussion in a game, he should be held out for the rest of the game. Now we hear he's suffering, apparently, chronic concussions and is looking for a new helmet? When the hell did all this happen?

This could be a problem going forward, and if it's true, then his days in Dallas are almost certainly over.

Had anyone else heard about this?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
For a guy that supposedly has a more elusive style than Barber, he sure does take a lot harder hits than Barber does. I remember thinking that his rookie year. That he looked to take direct hits a lot more than Emmitt did. Now that's not a surprise as Emmitt was about the best I've seen at avoiding the big hit, but it was uncanny how much worse at it Julius was.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ozzu;1676528 said:
For a guy that supposedly has a more elusive style than Barber, he sure does take a lot harder hits than Barber does. I remember thinking that his rookie year. That he looked to take direct hits a lot more than Emmitt did. Now that's not a surprise as Emmitt was about the best I've seen at avoiding the big hit, but it was uncanny how much worse at it Julius was.

On one of those plays he was elusive and broke off a great gain that got called back b/c of a questionable penalty -- he suffered a concussion b/c a defender who had been getting his butt kicked all game got in a clean shot b/c a DB was unable to cleanly bring Julius down.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Not happy to hear that about JuJo, our running game has been very good with both of them playing.

On the bright side,...................... MORE MBIII:yourock: :clap:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think his brain is being concussed hearing MB3's footsteps.

It's time to get MB3 more carries. The Barbarian is a beast.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheCount;1676521 said:
Jones claims he suffered two concussions in the season's first three games, the Dallas Morning News reports.
Spin: A recurring concussion problem could explain Jones' steady week-to-week drop in effectiveness this season. "Any player that gets banged up a little bit, you're highly sensitive to," head coach Wade Phillips said. "But... our guys are monitoring all that. They haven't told me it's been a problem." Jones is looking to get a new helmet in an effort to provide him with better protection.

-----

This is from ESPN, I was completely unaware of this. It was my impression, that the league had decided that if a player suffers a concussion in a game, he should be held out for the rest of the game. Now we hear he's suffering, apparently, chronic concussions and is looking for a new helmet? When the hell did all this happen?

This could be a problem going forward, and if it's true, then his days in Dallas are almost certainly over.

Had anyone else heard about this?

not heard about it, but this is also the player that said parcells doomed him and wouldn't let him play *his* way. he's played his way, he got what he's wanted and he's still the JJ we've always known.

now he's just excuse hunting. he could call mcnabb for a good setup.

aga11ah

Reaction score
lol @ JJ playin after all the concussions.

its like.. the only guy we want to get hurt, will not miss a game no matter what.

his arm could get cut off, he'd still find a way to ruin us and play.

let MB3 play already. JJ is absolutely terrible.

canters

Reaction score
Yes,,JJ's days are over in Dallas after this year, concussions or not.