Julius Jones suffered his second concussion of the season in Sunday night's game

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Julius Jones suffered his second concussion of the season in Sunday night's game. The Cowboys are calling it a "slight" concussion.

Jones wasn't on the injury report announced by head coach Wade Phillips Monday, but if he's concussed again there's a chance he could be shut down. Jones, who was injured on the second play of the fourth quarter Sunday, says he'll be fine and should play against St. Louis in Week 4.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

sago1

Reaction score
We've only played 3 games and it he indeed now has a 2nd concussion he shouldn't play. The question is now what do we do about RB situation. Yes, I know MBIII will start but he needs to be spelled to keep him fresh or for 1 game can we go with him. Or, does this mean we'll see TT for maybe 10-15 plays or what? Am concerned about TT's ability to pick up the blitz. Last thing we need is for Romo to get hurt.

hughp33

Reaction score
That could be the reason he was out ALL of the fourth quarter. I would think if he was OK they would have given him SOME time to play since we had a decent lead.

Nav22

Reaction score
This sucks... as much flak as Jones gets from fans, he's still a big part of our offense. Hopefully he's okay and avoids concussions from here on out.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its Barbarion time. Pound them and sprinkle in JJ and TT to spread out carries. The torch will pass and this is the time to do it. Give JJ time to recoup and come back ready and strong.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Watching come out in the 4th, you could tell something wasn't right with him...Pretty good job keeping a lid on this for this long...This question (About his status) had been asked a lot since last night but no responses...Guess the answer is clear now.

Must've been a helmet to helmet on that last run of his...Hope he's going to be ok...Looks like Tyson might get some burn now?

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Gryphon;1668419 said:
Julius Jones suffered his second concussion of the season in Sunday night's game. The Cowboys are calling it a "slight" concussion.

Jones wasn't on the injury report announced by head coach Wade Phillips Monday, but if he's concussed again there's a chance he could be shut down. Jones, who was injured on the second play of the fourth quarter Sunday, says he'll be fine and should play against St. Louis in Week 4.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

kind of like being slightly pregnant....:D

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's such a shame that he got a concussion on another nice play he made that was called back due to penalty. Julius has done some nice stuff this season, but the record books don't show it. Two head injuries in three weeks is pretty serious. I hope they monitor him closely and do what's best for him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors;1668443 said:
Its Barbarion time. Pound them and sprinkle in JJ and TT to spread out carries. The torch will pass and this is the time to do it. Give JJ time to recoup and come back ready and strong.
I agree. Now is the time to show the Cowboy brass that he can handle being the featured back. Just as Romo did last year, when you have the chance to shine, DO IT!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Julius Jones suffers slight concussion

By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
chill@star-telegram.com

Running back Julius Jones said he is looking into trying a new [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]helmet[/FONT][/FONT] after suffering a second concussion in the first three games of the season.

Jones was not listed on the team's injury report Monday.

He said he suffered a slight concussion in the fourth quarter against the Bears. Jones said that is why he didn't return to the game.

On the second play of the fourth quarter, Jones gained 22 yards to the Bears' 4 where he collided with Brian Urlacher and Danieal Manning. He stayed on his knees for a few seconds, then Patrick Crayton walked over to try to help him to his feet. Two trainers came out to check on Jones and all three walked slowly to the sidelines. The play was nullified because of a holding penalty.

Jones, who finished with seven carries for 26 yards, said he will be fine.

Clarence E. Hill Jr., 817-390-7760

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
People will realize what we are losing when we have to watch TT in the backfield

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors;1668443 said:

You really are determined to ruin Barber's career, aren't you??

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Go back and watch the tape.

JJ was running like a man possessed.

He had two long gains called back for penalties.

This is not the first time this has happened this season.

I love the way the Barbarian runs and we are going strong on offense - he is an unbelievable catalyst and motivator.

I strongly believe that if JJ can get in some sort of synch (which is not ruined by penalties), we will fully develop a truly devastating two-prong running attack.

All fans should welcome that ...

I think we may start to see this on Sunday.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm kind of interested in seeing what Tyson Thompson can do behind the first team OL on a limited basis.