Julius Jones suffered his second concussion of the season in Sunday night's game

dogberry

Reaction score
Is there an Earl Campbell line? Max number of runs a year or a career that can be expected from a back? And if the yearly number gets exceeded, does it lower the carries that the back can get out of a career?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1668421 said:
Didn't look dazed to me....

I noticed it during the game. He kind of got sandwiched between a couple of Bears players. It didn't look that bad, but I think one of their helments made contact with the side of his helment similar to when Roy Williams gave S. Alexander a concussion a few years back.

He looked woozy walking off the field and I said he wouldn't be back that night, and sure enough he wasn't.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I know alot of you wanted to see Barber as a starter. I hope Julius can still play.

Barber may not last a full season as a starter. His style is too violent IMO.

We have a really effective RB tandem(they spell each other)... if Barber starts we will lose his effectiveness... maybe not right away... but down the homestretch... THE MOST IMPORTANT time of season... the part that we have to right from years of end of season skids...

I hope Julius can play... its a selfish hope... because he is only so productive... I want him in there for selfish reasons... to keep Barber fresh and healthy... its all about the W's

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1669238 said:
I know alot of you wanted to see Barber as a starter. I hope Julius can still play.

Barber may not last a full season as a starter. His style is too violent IMO.

We have a really effective RB tandem(they spell each other)... if Barber starts we will lose his effectiveness... maybe not right away... but down the homestretch... THE MOST IMPORTANT time of season... the part that we have to right from years of end of season skids...

I hope Julius can play... its a selfish hope... because he is only so productive... I want him in there for selfish reasons... to keep Barber fresh and healthy... its all about the W's

I would like to see Barber as the starter and yes I also want to see Jones getting carries as well.

conner01

Reaction score
i thought he looked like he was limping when he left the field and before he went in he was stetching on the sideline.

Hoov

Reaction score
I predicted barber would start by the 4th game. its looking like it may happen, i hope jones can play though.

WarC

Reaction score
hughp33;1668428 said:
That could be the reason he was out ALL of the fourth quarter. I would think if he was OK they would have given him SOME time to play since we had a decent lead.

I felt the same way, I knew something was up when they put TT in because Jones up until that point hadn't gotten much time in.

newlander

Reaction score
and a couple others. I sincerely hope they rest JJ on Sunday. We don't need him against the Rams guys. Give some reps to T.Thompon and MB3: they can handle it. I wouldn't be this cautious after one concussion: but 2 in 2 weeks? That's dangerous. We're flirting with losing him for a long time, and I for one don't want to mess with it. For that matter, he could sit the next 2 weeks and come back fresh for N.England. I've had 3 concussions: they're nothing to mess with.:cool: