Julius Jones Video Clips...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Julius Jones clips are hard to come by it seems... here are a couple...

Clip 1 is the ND vs. BYU game... Jones highlights are at at around 1 minute in... 1 between the tackles TD run... the second an up the middle break-away TD run... another around the end TD is at around a minute and a half in... so it shows his versatility... choose high or low bandwith...

Clip 2 is from Denver Broncos TV... it is mainly shots of him practicing and a short interview...

These are both Real Player files...

They do show all three TD's again from different camera angles... 2 of them at around 3:20... and the other around 4:20...

Clip 1 - ND vs. BYU

Clip 2 - Broncos TV

Enjoy...

TheHustler

Reaction score
couple good looking runs in the game. which they would have showed more of Jones and less of BYU though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
couple good looking runs in the game. which they would have showed more of Jones and less of BYU though.

Well it IS from the BYU website.

jdnalls

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Julius Jones clips are hard to come by it seems... here are a couple...

Clip 1 is the ND vs. BYU game... Jones highlights are at at around 1 minute in... 1 between the tackles TD run... the second an up the middle break-away TD run... another around the end TD is at around a minute and a half in... so it shows his versatility... choose high or low bandwith...

Clip 2 is from Denver Broncos TV... it is mainly shots of him practicing and a short interview...

These are both Real Player files...

They do show all three TD's again from different camera angles... 2 of them at around 3:20... and the other around 4:20...

Clip 1 - ND vs. BYU

Clip 2 - Broncos TV

Enjoy...
Man, on the Denver Broncos TV Julius says he feels he can be a back who can handle a load of 20-25 carries a game. That would translate into 320-400 carries a year. Not bad.

trickblue

Reaction score
jdnalls said:
Man, on the Denver Broncos TV Julius says he feels he can be a back who can handle a load of 20-25 carries a game. That would translate into 320-400 carries a year. Not bad.

He has the size and build to do it... he is a lot thicker than Emmit (or as Jerry said... "thick in the right places"... lol)

Low center of gravity... good vision... head up... notice how he avoids the "direct hit"...

No injury history and a workout warrior since "his revival"... several reports I have read said he is cut like a body-builder... he used to be known as soft...

Even in the practice video you can tell he moves quickly and has another gear he can hit in a hurry...

trickblue

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
A 4.88? He has to be the slowest WR in history.

He is not a 40 speed guy... but he is a football speed guy... made alot of catches in college... knows how to play WR... blocks really well downfield... not afraid to go over the middle...

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Julius Jones reminds me alot of tiki barber , I can see us using him alot the same way . Lots of screens and draws , sweeps. Both guys are very fast and elusive and built well enough to break tackles. They both happen to wear 21 as well.

lets just hope JJ doesnt fumble as much as barber does ..... :eek:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:

That's why he's an undrafted free agent.

Hopefully he can overcome the cement shoes. He was a pretty talented college WR.

Eskimo

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Julius Jones reminds me alot of tiki barber , I can see us using him alot the same way . Lots of screens and draws , sweeps. Both guys are very fast and elusive and built well enough to break tackles. They both happen to wear 21 as well.

lets just hope JJ doesnt fumble as much as barber does ..... :eek:

If the 217 lbs is legit he is much thicker than Barber. Jones also appears to have little fear about hitting it hard up the middle. He runs low to the ground with good balance and seems to break lots of arm tackles. He also seems to be able to put on moves in traffic which is what enabled Emmitt to be such a great between the tackles runner at a somewhat diminutive size. The one advantage Jones seems to have on Emmitt is a bit extra top-end speed.

In all the clips it doesn't appear as though most of his big runs come from turning the corner which is very hard to do in the NFL with the speed at LB and the secondary. The key to the big run in the NFL is breaking the front 7 fairly clean and then running for daylight which he appears to be able to do. Having a RB that is a threat to go all the way will add a new dimension to the offence. One we haven't had since Emmitt's younger days. I am quite excited to see what he can do behind our revamped OL.

Anyone think there is a chance he will not be the starter come opening day?

trickblue

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Anyone think there is a chance he will not be the starter come opening day?

No chance #21 is NOT at starting TB come opening day...

I was always a fan of Jackson... but mentioned Julius Jones many times on the other board... he was second only to Tatum Bell to me after the first round...

He is on a mission and is built perfectly for an NFL RB in the tradition of Smith and Payton... I think we see good things from him...

He can get outside... don't be fooled... his second gear is impressive... he ran sub 4.4 at the combine... only RB that did I think...

jdnalls

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Hey pulled a hammy shortly before the pro day workout but has clocked on average between a 4.51 to 4.55.

Eskimo

Reaction score
trickblue said:
No chance #21 is NOT at starting TB come opening day...

I was always a fan of Jackson... but mentioned Julius Jones many times on the other board... he was second only to Tatum Bell to me after the first round...

He is on a mission and is built perfectly for an NFL RB in the tradition of Smith and Payton... I think we see good things from him...

He can get outside... don't be fooled... his second gear is impressive... he ran sub 4.4 at the combine... only RB that did I think...

Jones was the second fastest RB behind Bell who ran somewhere around 4.37. I don't think Jones broke 4.4 but I'm pretty sure he was sub 4.45 which is definitely a burner as far as RBs go.

My comment about long runs is that even guys who run 4.4 will rarely break a long run by outrunning everyone to the corner. The DBs and LBs are fast and in combination with the angle, they will usually get you before you get too far away. The key to long run is hitting it right up into the teeth of the defense which takes away the angle the DBs can use to catch you downfield.

trickblue

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Jones was the second fastest RB behind Bell who ran somewhere around 4.37. I don't think Jones broke 4.4 but I'm pretty sure he was sub 4.45 which is definitely a burner as far as RBs go.

My comment about long runs is that even guys who run 4.4 will rarely break a long run by outrunning everyone to the corner. The DBs and LBs are fast and in combination with the angle, they will usually get you before you get too far away. The key to long run is hitting it right up into the teeth of the defense which takes away the angle the DBs can use to catch you downfield.

I always liked Bell... always will... my ONLY problem with him was his straight-ahead running style... he doesn't seem to juke at times when he could... but he is a NICE RB...

Julius ran a 4.37 and a 4.43 at the combine if I remember correctly... not exactly sure... but I am sure someone here knows... I won't "BOOK-IT" but am fairly sure of it...

The thing I like about Julius is his ability to kick it into high gear... it is amazing... he was the best at that in this draft... hope we see alot of it...

jdnalls

Reaction score
Eskimo said:

Jones was clocked at 4.43 to 4.47 at the combine.

trickblue

Reaction score
jdnalls said:
Jones was clocked at 4.43 to 4.47 at the combine.
You are probably right Nalls... still nice times on that slow track...