Julius Jones...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Sarge;2448002 said:
Can you honestly say you'd rather have Julius Jones on your team instead of Marion Barber?

No, I'm just throwing out the same argument that people used against Jones last year. Jones has had some good games this year. Barber has had some good games as well. But for the most part Barber really hasn't been that great this year, he's been decent, and anyone who is honest with themselves would see that as well.

Jones got crucified by people on here over and over again because he only had a 3.9 or 4.0 average. Now it's Barber with the low average and not one word by anybody. Jones has a much better average but still people here feel the need to rip on him.

But to be honest, Barber carrying the full load hasn't really been any better than Jones carrying the full load has it? Barber's backups seem to look better than him an awful lot. I'm just curious at how long the fans here give him before they turn on him too.

I think Barber works much better as a tandem, and Jones works much better as a feature guy. Put either in the opposite position and while they may flourish once in awhile, overall they are much less effective.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2448133 said:
No, I'm just throwing out the same argument that people used against Jones last year. Jones has had some good games this year. Barber has had some good games as well. But for the most part Barber really hasn't been that great this year, he's been decent, and anyone who is honest with themselves would see that as well.

Jones got crucified by people on here over and over again because he only had a 3.9 or 4.0 average. Now it's Barber with the low average and not one word by anybody. Jones has a much better average but still people here feel the need to rip on him.

But to be honest, Barber carrying the full load hasn't really been any better than Jones carrying the full load has it? Barber's backups seem to look better than him an awful lot. I'm just curious at how long the fans here give him before they turn on him too.

I think Barber works much better as a tandem, and Jones works much better as a feature guy. Put either in the opposite position and while they may flourish once in awhile, overall they are much less effective.

Like the rest of this team they all looked bad with Romo out. As A DC who would you worry about with BJ as a starting QB? Borber or BJ?

For the record Barber never looked bad to me.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2448161 said:
Like the rest of this team they all looked bad with Romo out. As A DC who would you worry about with BJ as a starting QB? Borber or BJ?

For the record Barber never looked bad to me.

Even with Romo, Barber hasn't had a lot of great games. In Romo's 9 games this year Barber has 2 games with 100 yards. He now has 8 games where he has averaged 3.7 or less with 6 of those being below 3.3 and . He's had 4 games over 4 yds a carry, and those 4 games he was very good.

I actually think he's been much better receiving out of the backfield than a feature back.

But I'm not trying to knock on Barber, I like him, and he brings something the team needs.

What I don't like the constant need some people here to bash on a guy who was productive for us and never did anything to earn such harsh treatment, especially when they are hypocritical with how they react to different players and their performances.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2447867 said:
Wow...2 fumbles and still THE ABILITY TO RUN IN TO THE BACKS OF THE O-LINE...it's sad when the girls I sit with at games (who have no idea about gaps, splits, etc.) ask "why didn't he go that way where nobody was instaed of running in to a bunch of people?...That 23 guy doesn't do that?"

Jesus Julius...good thing Parcells passed on Steven Jackson for you.
Steven Jackson hasn't done much either so WGAS?

TEUFELI

Reaction score
Sarge;2448030 said:
Yep, and I'm curious to see how he answers the question.

No...you're right Sarge. You and the 9 other people in the nation (including Julius' family) that think Julius is anywhere NEAR the back that Barber is are right.

It's the rest of the nation thats delusional. Julius doesnt even start at his new home (yes i realize he started today, but that was a curtesy start from Holmgren) over a career backup rb, Maurice Morris. Barber is a pro-bowler, who runs with heart and doent hit the line and run to contact like Julius.

You know what, I am done. My thanksgiving day resolution is to stop participating in absolutely stupid arguments like "No really, the sky isn't blue, it's red. Really, it is...prove it isnt." That is pretty much what this is and I personally wont devote any more time to it. You are right Sarge, you are right.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
yesfan;2447933 said:
In my opinion,one of the few mistakes Bill made.I was certain
Stephen Jackson was our pick and we passed.:bang2:
Only thing is, the organization trusted maurice carthons opinion.

That is why they picked jones and not jackson.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2448208 said:
Even with Romo, Barber hasn't had a lot of great games. In Romo's 9 games this year Barber has 2 games with 100 yards. He now has 8 games where he has averaged 3.7 or less with 6 of those being below 3.3 and . He's had 4 games over 4 yds a carry, and those 4 games he was very good.

I actually think he's been much better receiving out of the backfield than a feature back.

But I'm not trying to knock on Barber, I like him, and he brings something the team needs.

What I don't like the constant need some people here to bash on a guy who was productive for us and never did anything to earn such harsh treatment, especially when they are hypocritical with how they react to different players and their performances.

I get your point. I always liked JJ, he doesn't have the heart though.
With all the weapons we have I'm glad we are finally figuring out to use all of them. We either ran or passed to heavily, never a good mix. I think Garrett might have figured it out now and that would make it harder for Barber to get yards. That's a good thing though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2447885 said:
The new coaching staff next year in Seattle will have to make an interesting decision at RB. If they have a chance to upgrade that position, Julius will forever more likely be nothing but a backup in the NFL.

He will be lucky to get a new staff to have to reevaluate everyone. Otherwise he'd ride the pine next year for sure. He needs to run scared. Or something.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
looks like same ole same ole with Julius to me....glad hes their problem now.....

Section446

Reaction score
dbair1967;2447962 said:
Geez, give it a damn rest.

Besides MBIII and Felix Jones are quite the combo...I wouldnt trade them for Jackson
Especially as much as Jackson is hurt.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Does MB make his game like it is today without sitting behind Jones for awhile? Interesting question even if I type it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
jobberone;2448364 said:
Does MB make his game like it is today without sitting behind Jones for awhile? Interesting question even if I type it.

Kind of like Romo sitting behind Bledsoe? We will never know.