June Gloom

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Man June Sucks, Gloom in So Cal NO basketball NO football, Teams on Vacation for 6 weeks. NO HOLIDAYS... literally last weekend, i watched baseball and Golf and slept the entire weekend. Cannot wait for Football Next month

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you brother. Mid-June to mid-August is IMO the absolute worst time for a sports fan. IMO, Unless you love baseball and golf, it’s the worst time for sports.

And frankly, I’m not even a big fan of training camp. We get the daily over-hype of players who are “having a great camp”, 90% of which will not make the team. I don’t get excited about the Cowboys really until the week before the regular season opens. TC and preseason games are over-hyped and the quality of preseason football is usually sup-par.

Two and a half months to go before the live bullets fly in football games that matter. Can’t get here soon enough.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was just thinking this last night.
NHL and NBA are now over. Mini Camps over. I rarely sit and watch an entire MLB game anymore, even at this time of the year.
I hate freaking golf. As I rather watch paint dry to moss grow.

There is the Women's World Cup Soccer to watch, but only watch the USA team. And that is what every 4 or 5 days they play.

I will take a road trip soon, not sure if next week, or wait until after the 4th of July. The 2 really boring weeks before TC opens. At least it is better than sitting around.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I adjusted some time back that to Feb-Aug as the no sports zone unless the Olympics are happening. I am a one sport guy and I do spend a lot of time with it when it is happening so I am ready for a break. I figure I spend between 24-30 hours a week watching football so I do get my fill.

But calico, the best thing is that we have this web site to hang out on. Hell, we have more fun in the offseason and have already made our life's work Prescott's compensation and Elliott's off the field behavior.

Baseball is boring and I can watch the landscapers spit and any sport where the commentators have to whisper and the gallery is more athletic than the participants is stupid.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Man June Sucks, Gloom in So Cal NO basketball NO football, Teams on Vacation for 6 weeks. NO HOLIDAYS... literally last weekend, i watched baseball and Golf and slept the entire weekend. Cannot wait for Football Next month
It's the best outdoor weather here in CT, so I wouldn't be watching anyway.