Just 7 thoughts

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
  1. When Felix is in the offense it changes EVERYTHING - why isnt he playing more
  2. Patrick Crayton - "i want to play a better team than the Bengals" - if not for the being in the right place at the right time - he dropped only pass his way - I dont see any value in this guy - he can go
  3. Tony goes from "the one" to the "the careless one"... he wont secure the ball.
  4. Barber get too many carries... those carries should be split with Felix
  5. Witten - where would be without the "security blanket"
  6. TO - gotta get him the ball in some space... he is a "animal" when running in space with the ball
  7. Pacman - I think he is alergic to "pigskin" - he has dropped atleast 4 or 5 INT's this season

kai cyr

Reaction score
YoMick;2310303 said:
  1. When Felix is in the offense it changes EVERYTHING - why isnt he playing more
  2. Patrick Crayton - "i want to play a better team than the Bengals" - if not for the being in the right place at the right time - he dropped only pass his way - I dont see any value in this guy - he can go
  3. Tony goes from "the one" to the "the careless one"... he wont secure the ball.
  4. Barber get too many carries... those carries should be split with Felix
  5. Witten - where would be without the "security blanket"
  6. TO - gotta get him the ball in some space... he is a "animal" when running in space with the ball
  7. Pacman - I think he is alergic to "pigskin" - he has dropped atleast 4 or 5 INT's this season

I agree...especially with the #5. My lord, it seems like he's the only consistent player on this team...We go to him all the time too...it's like the only thing we got goin for us. We are not a superbowl team...things have to change.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Felix does look great, but the key is keeping him effective. Don't want to wear down the rook too much.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
[*]Patrick Crayton - "i want to play a better team than the Bengals" - if not for the being in the right place at the right time - he dropped only pass his way - I dont see any value in this guy - he can go

He can't go, I don't want Hurd/Austin/Stanback as #2,3,4. Crayton isn't a #2 but he hes one of the better #3's out there.

[*]Tony goes from "the one" to the "the careless one"... he wont secure the ball.

I think everyone needs to agree here, when he scrambles, he has the ball tucked somewhat but then at some point he flails it would like he is going to try to fake someone out.

[*]Barber get too many carries... those carries should be split with Felix

I disagree here, Barber is a beast, period. Barber had 23 carries today and Felix had 9. You could make a case to where Barber gets 16-20 and Felix gets 2-3 more. But Barber wears down defenses period. Noone likes tackling him.

[*]Witten - where would be without the "security blanket"

I agree 100% here, offensive MVP for sure so far.

[*]TO - gotta get him the ball in some space... he is a "animal" when running in space with the ball

I would like to get ANYONE in open space with the ball. It's not as easy as it sounds.

[*]Pacman - I think he is alergic to "pigskin" - he has dropped atleast 4 or 5 INT's this season

I really have no clue what is with him.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I agree about Felix - he changes everything when he's in the game. Marion either has to learn how to play with him or see more time on the bench because we need him on the field.

On Pacman, yes he's dropped some INTs but he is all over WRs despite being put in the tough position of having man coverage without being allowed to bump. I think the INTs will come in time. He is much better than Henry. Hopefully when Newman is back, we can put Henry on the bench some more because he is not a good fit for this defensive scheme.

tunahelper

Reaction score
8. Why isnt TO running more crossing routes this year? Afterall it has been his bread/butter for his career.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Eskimo;2310366 said:
I agree about Felix - he changes everything when he's in the game. Marion either has to learn how to play with him or see more time on the bench because we need him on the field.

On Pacman, yes he's dropped some INTs but he is all over WRs despite being put in the tough position of having man coverage without being allowed to bump. I think the INTs will come in time. He is much better than Henry. Hopefully when Newman is back, we can put Henry on the bench some more because he is not a good fit for this defensive scheme.

If it's up to Barber if Jones plays or not, we are in trouble.

Woods

Reaction score
I agree that we are a good team, but we're not a great team by any means thus far in the season.

The way I see it,

1. We have to do a better job securing the ball (come on, Tony). Romo seems to be good for at least 1 turnover per game. Not sure what's up with him, maybe he's pressing too much. I don't know.

2. On Defense, we have to force more turnovers - like we did today. Hard to believe it's taken us so long to get our first Int. Hopefully they come in bunches now.

3. As for STs, not sure what happened with our Kick return coverage. I thought we were making improvement there.

My points 1 and 3 kept Cinn in the game today. If we can correct those things, we will be well on our way.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
What I have seen the last 2 weeks is opponent's wideouts being left wide open while our receivers are blanketed....that I don't get...we have decent enough DB's. I don't know enough about defensive schemes to know what is wrong but geez it's like a night and day difference when I watch.

Tony has been in some sort of funk as well. He was sort of sidearming the ball there for awhile.

Our special teams need ALOT of work. Time after time on kickoffs the opponents are getting HUGE chunks of yardage.

On the upside..Felix Jones is tremendous...the kid plays hard and smart. I love watching him.

Witten is just the best.

Hey a win is a win. They are pros too but this team needs to buckle down. Our division is super tough!

Eskimo

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310390 said:
If it's up to Barber if Jones plays or not, we are in trouble.

I didn't mean it was up to Barber. It is up to Garrett to see if he can use them both on the field at the same time. The challenge is up to him to see if he can do it. If he can't, then Barber needs to see his snaps go down.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Eskimo;2310439 said:
I didn't mean it was up to Barber. It is up to Garrett to see if he can use them both on the field at the same time. The challenge is up to him to see if he can do it. If he can't, then Barber needs to see his snaps go down.

gotchya. I still think Barber should remain the main guy. He picks up the blitz excellent and gains yards when nothing is there. Obviously Jonses YPC average will go down with more touches.