Just A Long Drawn Out Introduction+The La'el Steal!

Reaction score
My Introduction & The Collins Signing:
This is my first post ever, I apologize for it's length & I hope those who choose to take it all in will be understanding. I wish to introduce myself by selecting here, in response to such an awesome turn of events in signing LSU's La'el Collins, as a great time & place to post my introduction to an awesome group of Cowboy's Fans that've I've been reading for months now so I thought I would sign up! So what better time & place, than what's been a MAJOR, Awesome & Unreal PARTY for every single Dallas Cowboy's Fan, everywhere! This includes even small towns in beautiful Southern Oregon, where I was born & raised, then returned here, after finishing college (1997) in Eugene, Oregon (Oregon Ducks, QUACK-QUACK-QUACK!) My name is Stephen, pronounced "Steven" & was named after my late Dad, who passed at the young age of 54, in 2005, from a rare, crazy, genetic disease that consumed him, after he got flu-like symptoms, which led to this crazy unheard of rare, genetic-diagnosis! He was given a month to live then passed away 4 days later! I say this because he was a 49ers fan, who took me to a sporting goods store in 1980. I had just turned 5 & he told me to go pick out whichever football team I wanted to, as he assumed that my witnessing him & practically the whole family root for the San Fransisco 49ers my whole 5 years of life, that I would naturally pick the 49ers.
As I looked up, I saw this Glittering, Shinning, Big Blue Star, I grabbed a Tee Shirt, A League Sized Helmet That was a "Night Light Shade" & A nice sized "Cowboy Mascot" that looks like the default avatar everyone on here is given! I returned to the check out counter & as my Dad saw what I had in my basket, dragging it behind me, he was infuriated as he said: "NO! I Only Hate One Team More Than The Cowboys & That's The Dolphins! Are You Sure That's What You Wanna Go With?" Little did I know becoming A Dallas Cowboy's Fan in a town just a few hours North of the 49ers would lead to my prime "Teenage Rebellious Years" the years where most guys fight with their Dad, more often than any other time in life, would just so happen to include my turning 15 in 1990 thru graduation at age 18, in 1993 only made "Our Cowboys 90's Dynasty Run" a perfect storm as they more often than not ran through the 49ers, to those Superbowls, LOL! It made for a rough home during football season & it was bitter-sweet right after the 3rd Super Bowl, while away in college, my Dad admitted that "The Cowboys Are A Pretty Fantastic Team!" I sure miss him but I hasten to think that he would've flipped out over Jerry & Co. pulling off what amounts to THREE, "First Rounders" without our Cowboys trading anything to do it! I've never looked forward to any Cowboy's Season than this one, as well as, the next three altogether! Thank you for those of you who took the time to read through this quagmire & I do apologize, as I posted this both "Here", (Because Of The Party Due To The Collins Signing) & Also posting this in the "New Members Area", (To Introduce Myself!) With All That Said,

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Now you are hear please do the dishes and take out the trash.....AND :welcome:

Last edited:

chris1995

Reaction score
My Introduction & The Collins Signing:
This is my first post ever, I apologize for it's length & I hope those who choose to take it all in will be understanding. I wish to introduce myself by selecting here, in response to such an awesome turn of events in signing LSU's La'el Collins, as a great time & place to post my introduction to an awesome group of Cowboy's Fans that've I've been reading for months now so I thought I would sign up! So what better time & place, than what's been a MAJOR, Awesome & Unreal PARTY for every single Dallas Cowboy's Fan, everywhere! This includes even small towns in beautiful Southern Oregon, where I was born & raised, then returned here, after finishing college (1997) in Eugene, Oregon (Oregon Ducks, QUACK-QUACK-QUACK!) My name is Stephen, pronounced "Steven" & was named after my late Dad, who passed at the young age of 54, in 2005, from a rare, crazy, genetic disease that consumed him, after he got flu-like symptoms, which led to this crazy unheard of rare, genetic-diagnosis! He was given a month to live then passed away 4 days later! I say this because he was a 49ers fan, who took me to a sporting goods store in 1980. I had just turned 5 & he told me to go pick out whichever football team I wanted to, as he assumed that my witnessing him & practically the whole family root for the San Fransisco 49ers my whole 5 years of life, that I would naturally pick the 49ers.
As I looked up, I saw this Glittering, Shinning, Big Blue Star, I grabbed a Tee Shirt, A League Sized Helmet That was a "Night Light Shade" & A nice sized "Cowboy Mascot" that looks like the default avatar everyone on here is given! I returned to the check out counter & as my Dad saw what I had in my basket, dragging it behind me, he was infuriated as he said: "NO! I Only Hate One Team More Than The Cowboys & That's The Dolphins! Are You Sure That's What You Wanna Go With?" Little did I know becoming A Dallas Cowboy's Fan in a town just a few hours North of the 49ers would lead to my prime "Teenage Rebellious Years" the years where most guys fight with their Dad, more often than any other time in life, would just so happen to include my turning 15 in 1990 thru graduation at age 18, in 1993 only made "Our Cowboys 90's Dynasty Run" a perfect storm as they more often than not ran through the 49ers, to those Superbowls, LOL! It made for a rough home during football season & it was bitter-sweet right after the 3rd Super Bowl, while away in college, my Dad admitted that "The Cowboys Are A Pretty Fantastic Team!" I sure miss him but I hasten to think that he would've flipped out over Jerry & Co. pulling off what amounts to THREE, "First Rounders" without our Cowboys trading anything to do it! I've never looked forward to any Cowboy's Season than this one, as well as, the next three altogether! Thank you for those of you who took the time to read through this quagmire & I do apologize, as I posted this both "Here", (Because Of The Party Due To The Collins Signing) & Also posting this in the "New Members Area", (To Introduce Myself!) With All That Said,

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Getting Collins made this year a great year for the Cowboys. Jones, Gregory, and off season free agents like Hardy helped the Cowboys improve their roster. With any luck Dallas we have a run like they did in the 90's when they won those Super Bowls. I really liked your story about your dad. I grew up a Cowboys fan and my dad is Cowboys crazy so the only NFL team in our house is the Cowboys.