Just a note... not complaining

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its funny how things play out.

The Cards would be 6-6 if we took care of business.

The Rams are 2-9... argh!

After this weekend if a few teams lose we could have probably the 3rd best record in NFL(win-loss-wise, not refering to tiebreakers or strength of record) etc.

Just funny how things play out - any given Sunday(s).

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2449365 said:

After this weekend if a few teams lose we could have probably the 3rd best record in NFL(win-loss-wise, not refering to tiebreakers or strength of record) etc.

I'm still mystified how even the Foreskins and an Eagles team that was dealing with alot of in-house issues on a short weak were able to handle this Cards team, while we weren't able to.:bang2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boysboy;2449371 said:
I'm still mystified how even the Foreskins and an Eagles team that was dealing with alot of in-house issues on a short weak were able to handle this Cards team, while we weren't able to.:bang2:

After the Packer game Dallas thought the season was over.

We didn't show up for the Washington, Cincy, Arizona, or St Louis game.

I wouldn't say they didn't show up against the Giants. I think they did but Brad put us in such a bad situation we had no hope.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The reality is that the cardinals, bucs, panthers, bears and packers do not appear to be that good.

The cardinals should have lost to the niners which would have made last night 3 in a row.

If we can just get in this tournament I think good things will happen.

I think we are going to beat NY in two weeks. If we beat NY we will be tough to keep out of the playoffs.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2449379 said:
The reality is that the cardinals, bucs, panthers, bears and packers do not appear to be that good.

The cardinals should have lost to the niners which would have made last night 3 in a row.

I think we are going to beat NY in two weeks. If we beat NY we will be tough to keep out of the playoffs.

As long as the Panthers have a healthy Delhomme throwing to Steve Smith, and Jon Fox finally has a rock solid run game for the first time in awhile, they should end up winning 11-12 games when all is said and done. The Bucs play very good D, and have a QB who provides excellent leadership skills-this should help them get 11-12 wins.

Also-Kyle Orton was banged up for a couple of weeks-he's had an outstanding season thus far. The Bears will be fine.

As for the other teams you mentioned, I agree.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;2449371 said:

I hear ya. I gotta give some props to Skins and Zorn. He had them believing and playing hard.

The Eagles always pull this nonsense. When you expect them do something - they fall. When you expect them to die - they resurge. Its short live I promise ;)

CATCH17;2449376 said:
After the Packer game Dallas thought the season was over.

We didn't show up for the Washington, Cincy, Arizona, or St Louis game.

I wouldn't say they didn't show up against the Giants. I think they did but Brad put us in such a bad situation we had no hope.

I gotta tell ya... after the last 2 seasons of disappointment in the playoffs. I am not buying any of what you posted. "didnt show up" = nope. "thought season was over" = I dont even know what means.

Not a personal attack... but I aint buying those theories anymore.

theebs;2449379 said:

I would like to see a win against NY and then knock them out in playoffs.

I live in NY... yeah I gotta a little vengeance to serve!!! lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
YoMick;2449394 said:
I gotta tell ya... after the last 2 seasons of disappointment in the playoffs. I am not buying any of what you posted. "didnt show up" = nope. "thought season was over" = I dont even know what means.

Not a personal attack... but I aint buying those theories anymore.

Thats fine but it was just rather obvious imo.

Bad body language and just no since of urgency starting with the 1st Washington game.

You can tell when a team is playing hard and not just going through the motions.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2449394 said:
I hear ya. I gotta give some props to Skins and Zorn. He had them believing and playing hard.

The Eagles always pull this nonsense. When you expect them do something - they fall. When you expect them to die - they resurge. Its short live I promise ;)

When McNabb's and Reid's ***** are on the line, they'll mysteriously pull out the performances of their lives, ultimately giving the Philly fans false optimism...only to revert back to their old selves subsequently.

Another note about the game-is it just me, or does McNabb all but know he's out of Philly next year, and all he's doing from here on out is auditioning for other teams? And for that matter too, Reid knows if he waves the white flag and goes with Kolb the rest of the year, it'll only diminish McNabb's trade value.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CATCH17;2449400 said:
Thats fine but it was just rather obvious imo.

Bad body language and just no since of urgency starting with the 1st Washington game.

You can tell when a team is playing hard and not just going through the motions.

I think, on Defense especially, this team guy tired of giving up plays. That bend dont break nonsense killed their moral.

NOW they can be more aggressive... hence the BETTER body language because they are put in BETTER positions to succeed.

Boysboy;2449405 said:
When McNabb's and Reid's ***** are on the line, they'll mysteriously pull out the performances of their lives, ultimately giving the Philly fans false optimism...only to revert back to their old selves subsequently.

Another note about the game-is it just me, or does McNabb all but know he's out of Philly next year, and all he's doing from here on out is auditioning for other teams? And for that matter too, Reid knows if he waves the white flag and goes with Kolb the rest of the year, it'll only diminish McNabb's trade value.

I gotta agree with just about all of this.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Boysboy;2449371 said:

First of all our coverage team let us down on the opening kickoff...no surprise, our coverage team was horrible at that point of the season. Our D was dominant the entire first half. In fact, our D was dominant up until the 3rd and 17 play. Aikman opened his fat piehole and made a comment about how Zona hadn't done anything all day.....then boom, the floodgates open. They convert for a first down and drive down the field for a TD.

Our offense was asleep most of the game until late. After we tied the game to go into OT, we should have had the momentum. I forgot why we were stuck down at the 5 in OT....but that sucked.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
YoMick;2449394 said:
I live in NY... yeah I gotta a little vengeance to serve!!! lol

I hope you're right. I'd so love to send them home packing. I always knew there was something I liked about you. Love the city. Wouldn't live there but you just gotta love NY.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Boysboy;2449371 said:

that Cardinals loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Bruce Read.

we lost that game on the 1st and last play of the game, both special teams.

i also think Newman's injury, Spencer not being fully healthy, and Felix getting hurt did us in there too

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Boysboy;2449371 said:
Because the Cardinals played out of there minds in that game. Everybody always seems to get up for the Cowboys.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jobberone;2449438 said:
I hope you're right. I'd so love to send them home packing. I always knew there was something I liked about you. Love the city. Wouldn't live there but you just gotta love NY.

LOL... yeah you are alright in my book too ;)

The Giants are on a mission.

For a few reasons.
  1. Of course they want to repeat.
  2. There is no denying what they did last year was something else. But there is also no denying they got lucky too.
  3. They are spending this WHOLE season trying to validate their accomplishment last season.
Even NY fans tell me that they were lucky.

So... if Dallas beats them and knocks them out. People will KNOW that last year was ALOT of luck.

And Dallas will be back on track... whereas they were knocked off track last year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
YoMick;2449365 said:

I find it irritating that teams like Arizona and whomever takes the North title (Minnesota, Chicago or Green Bay) will all have mediocre records in comparison to teams from the East. The worst team in the East could win both divisions handily.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I still say Jerry Jones needs to be punched in the nose by every Cowboys fan he meets for keeping Brad Johnson in the first place. If we would have had ANY other QB on the field and we would have beaten the stinking Rams.

Other than that, we lost close games to the Commanders and Cards.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
THUMPER;2449506 said:
I still say Jerry Jones needs to be punched in the nose by every Cowboys fan he meets for keeping Brad Johnson in the first place. If we would have had ANY other QB on the field and we would have beaten the stinking Rams.

Other than that, we lost close games to the Commanders and Cards.

I agree somewhat but we were horrific defensively against them. We did score first if you remember and they ran all over our defense. We were clearly outcoached and hustled by their offense. I still am amazed that we had no counter for that unbalanced alignment they had with two tackles on one side.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Alexander;2449519 said:
I agree somewhat but we were horrific defensively against them. We did score first if you remember and they ran all over our defense. We were clearly outcoached and hustled by their offense. I still am amazed that we had no counter for that unbalanced alignment they had with two tackles on one side.

That's true and with Romo out the team was pretty down. Poor coaching for sure as the defense should have stepped up, instead they fell asleep.

I still think that if we would have had a QB the team could believe in we would have played with a lot more fire.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boysboy;2449393 said:
As long as the Panthers have a healthy Delhomme throwing to Steve Smith, and Jon Fox finally has a rock solid run game for the first time in awhile, they should end up winning 11-12 games when all is said and done. The Bucs play very good D, and have a QB who provides excellent leadership skills-this should help them get 11-12 wins.

Also-Kyle Orton was banged up for a couple of weeks-he's had an outstanding season thus far. The Bears will be fine.

As for the other teams you mentioned, I agree.

I thought Delhomme was having problems with his elbow. That team has not really played well as of late either.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Alexander;2449519 said:

It was after that game when Brian Stewart got his playcalling duties stripped, finally.

Even if Romo was playing in that game, we prolly would have lost a shootout instead.