Just a reminder on the new Cowboys free agent signings

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wanted Dallas to sign Poe and McCoy years ago. I dont know how much these guys have in the tank but last year the Panthers gave up and avg of 145 yards a game rushing. Compare to the Cowboys last year who avg giving up 103 yards a game. The Dalton signing was a big up grade and they had an excellent draft. I think Dix and Heath are a trade off.
Lamb replacing Cobb is a trade off at least for this year. Cobb did have a 1000 yds last season. Zuerlein is an excellent kicker if he can regain his form since his injury. They lost Jones but gained Diggs which is a wash. The coaching should be better but Im not sold its going to be night and day because McCarthy did have Rodgers and Noland has had his struggles.
I think the Cowboys will be close to the same maybe a win or two better. They can make the playoffs but the QB must play better in the redzone with his passing for this team to advance further than one playoff game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andy Dalton QB "Man is it nice to have a legit backup QB"
Dontar Poe DT "Are you kidding me? This guy brings vet experience, leadership AND production"
Gerald McCoy DE "Are you kidding me? This guy brings vet experience, leadership AND production"
Cameron Irving LT "Solid backup for the Oline"
Daryl Worley CB "Former 3rd pick who is versatile"
Ha-ha Clinton Dix S "Former Pro Bowler who has started 96 NFL games. 96!"
Greg Zuerlein K "Forbath better come to camp prepared. One of the interesting battles in camp"
Blake Bell TE "The Ying to Jarwins Yang. Zeke applauds"
Maurice Canady CB "Big CB with excellent speed. Can he make the team?"

Combine this FA class with by all accounts one of the best draft classes this year and there is reason for hope. For you haters who pray for an 8-8 season I know it's a tough pill to swallow because you live in the negative, but there's no reason not to be excited about this up coming season. Oh, and also there's an almost completely new coaching staff with SB experience.

Who do you mean....is hoping for 8-8?

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think this team improved in all three phases. But as luck would have it, the virus comes and throws a monkey wrench into the works causing one to pause. You have to, it's an unknown variable.

I could see a scenario where the season doesn't go according to plan and the shorten offseason could be seen as one of the factors(excuse) for underachieving.
I see your concern. But every team is dealing with exactly the same thing. Most teams will have rooks and FA's that will be affected

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, you need to look at the new threads created just today. Just to shut you down. But in the big picture, instead of addressing post #46 you chose to attack me. That says something and it isn’t good for you.``

I did address post #46. Not surprisingly you didn't get it.

It's not about "hate" which you rambled on about in post #46. It's about recognizing a hole on the roster and a solution in FA that would help fix that hole. It's really that simple. For you to see that though, you'd have to take off your Cowboys glasses, take off your Cowboys pajamas, put down that Cowboys coffee mug, stop hugging your Rowdy doll and join us in the real world where we can praise somethings the Cowboys did (like sign Poe and McCoy and draft Lamb) but then also point out the potential mistake they are making.

It's not an insult to say you are one of the least knowledgeable fans here. You rarely, if ever, offer up real football analysis. Almost all your posts are about you getting pissy because someone isn't positive enough for your liking. It's kind of sad really because you can't see how most of the board views you. If you could, you'd probably change how you post.

Sydla

Reaction score
I see your concern. But every team is dealing with exactly the same thing. Most teams will have rooks and FA's that will be affected

Not every team is facing the same thing. In our division, the Eagles have an advantage over us, the Commanders and the Giants in that the majority of their staff is a carryover. Every other team has had massive changes at the coaching level. I think that's why bringing Moore back was pretty smart on their part but nonetheless there is going to be a learning curve for a team with a new staff.

Commanders and Cowboys probably have a little leg up on the Giants too because they brought in an experienced HC and the Giants are rolling the die on a guy who has never been a HC in the NFL. Not having a full offseason is going to be interesting for him and the Giants.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I did address post #46. Not surprisingly you didn't get it.

It's not about "hate" which you rambled on about in post #46. It's about recognizing a hole on the roster and a solution in FA that would help fix that hole. It's really that simple. For you to see that though, you'd have to take off your Cowboys glasses, take off your Cowboys pajamas, put down that Cowboys coffee mug, stop hugging your Rowdy doll and join us in the real world where we can praise somethings the Cowboys did (like sign Poe and McCoy and draft Lamb) but then also point out the potential mistake they are making.

It's not an insult to say you are one of the least knowledgeable fans here. You rarely, if ever, offer up real football analysis. Almost all your posts are about you getting pissy because someone isn't positive enough for your liking. It's kind of sad really because you can't see how most of the board views you. If you could, you'd probably change how you post.
Damn you sure seem to be a miserable person. Get some help.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Not every team is facing the same thing. In our division, the Eagles have an advantage over us, the Commanders and the Giants in that the majority of their staff is a carryover. Every other team has had massive changes at the coaching level. I think that's why bringing Moore back was pretty smart on their part but nonetheless there is going to be a learning curve for a team with a new staff.

Commanders and Cowboys probably have a little leg up on the Giants too because they brought in an experienced HC and the Giants are rolling the die on a guy who has never been a HC in the NFL. Not having a full offseason is going to be interesting for him and the Giants.
Fair enough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling this will be the most ironic post of the week. Well done.

This comes to mind. :laugh:

giphy.gif

nobody

Reaction score
Dontar Poe DT "Are you kidding me? This guy brings vet experience, leadership AND production"
Gerald McCoy DE "Are you kidding me? This guy brings vet experience, leadership AND production"
Greg Zuerlein K "Forbath better come to camp prepared. One of the interesting battles in camp"

Combine this FA class with by all accounts one of the best draft classes this year and there is reason for hope. For you haters who pray for an 8-8 season I know it's a tough pill to swallow because you live in the negative, but there's no reason not to be excited about this up coming season. Oh, and also there's an almost completely new coaching staff with SB experience.

I am optimistic. I will not be overly discouraged if they need a year just to get things implemented and tweaked. It's a huge change after all. But with a completely new coaching staff and all the new acquisitions there is a lot to be optimistic about. After we see how they do in camp, we can start evaluating how far above 8 wins they're going to get!

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, you need to look at the new threads created just today. Just to shut you down. But in the big picture, instead of addressing post #46 you chose to attack me. That says something and it isn’t good for you.``
You've literally attacked everyone who didnt agree with you, pot meet kettle

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've literally attacked everyone who didnt agree with you, pot meet kettle

:hammer:

Someone clearly not intelligent enough to see the truth. And surely not man enough to admit that truth if they did.

The most "miserable" "hater" on the entire forum. And the most "negative" human being as well.

How such a person is still allowed to continue to soil these boards is baffling.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is reason to be pessimistic.
Along with those new players is a completely new coaching staff who don't know any of the players.
Add to that there have been no OTAs and mini camp to put the coaching staff further behind.
Now you hear about the preseason being shortened and it gives the coaching staff even less time to get the players acclimated to their new schemes.
Teams like Dallas will start the season further behind than those teams with little change from last year. This is a major disadvantage.
Dallas had maybe the best offseason of any team, but circumstances may negate that.
We as fans won't know what kind of team Dallas has this year till week one, and maybe not even then. I want to hope for the best, but right now that's wishful thinking.

Perfectly understand what you are saying.
However, since they will want to play the HOF game, we may get in 3 PS games. Which is usually good enough it is just they will need to play the starters a little longer than usual to get in those extra reps.
All teams are in the same boat as too getting to know their new players. But the disadvantage comes from the new schemes and wrinkles. Teams with he same starters and coaches will have an advantage.

I still think the NFL should allow teams with new coaches that extra time over other teams, as they usually do. If all teams start at the same time, that will not be right.
As for not knowing until week one, well that is usual anyway. At least under Garrett for sure.

But I am not concerned over this too much. I think MM and his staff will be that much better than Garrett and his staff, we may not see a difference. Just get the players in shape by week one more so than Garrett did, as well, better prepared.

shabazz

Reaction score

Well done! We actually agree on something......except for wanting an 8-8 season

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:hammer:

Someone clearly not intelligent enough to see the truth. And surely not man enough to admit that truth if they did.

The most "miserable" "hater" on the entire forum. And the most "negative" human being as well.

How such a person is still allowed to continue to soil these boards is baffling.
I like your self reflection.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I wanted Dallas to sign Poe and McCoy years ago. I dont know how much these guys have in the tank but last year the Panthers gave up and avg of 145 yards a game rushing. Compare to the Cowboys last year who avg giving up 103 yards a game. The Dalton signing was a big up grade and they had an excellent draft. I think Dix and Heath are a trade off.
Lamb replacing Cobb is a trade off at least for this year. Cobb did have a 1000 yds last season. Zuerlein is an excellent kicker if he can regain his form since his injury. They lost Jones but gained Diggs which is a wash. The coaching should be better but Im not sold its going to be night and day because McCarthy did have Rodgers and Noland has had his struggles.
I think the Cowboys will be close to the same maybe a win or two better. They can make the playoffs but the QB must play better in the redzone with his passing for this team to advance further than one playoff game.
Dix >> Heath
Lamb >>> Cobb are you drunk?
Coaching >>>> than last year. What are you smoking?
Poe and McCoy >>>>> than who we played last year. You're both drunk and stoned.