just an idea

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
not advocating it, just running it by you guys

what if Atlanta franchises OLB Michael Boley, and we send them one of our 2, 1st round picks, say the 28th overall pick

would y'all be mad?

FYI: Boley would be an ILB here, most likely would take the place of Akin Ayodele in the lineup

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If we could sign him outright, I'd love it. Athletic, young, can cover....

But trading a 1st for him? We drafted Ware, then Carpenter, then Spencer....all 1st rounders. Follow that up with a 1st rounder traded for Boley? Meh.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Boley is a beast. 109 tackles, 3 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 2 INTs. I'd give up 28 for him.

Since there is no Patrick Willis in this draft then Boley would be the best option. And hes already an established player.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1929339 said:
If we could sign him outright, I'd love it. Athletic, young, can cover....

But trading a 1st for him? We drafted Ware, then Carpenter, then Spencer....all 1st rounders. Follow that up with a 1st rounder traded for Boley? Meh.

I would love it if we could sign him outright, that would be kosher

the dude has averaged 99 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 INTs the last 2 years

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1929342 said:
I would love it if we could sign him outright, that would be kosher

the dude has averaged 99 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 INTs the last 2 years

I know. He's really grown into a very good player for them. But there is no way they let Boley go.

And as much as it would be an upgrade....would you really want to spend 4 1st rounders in a row on a LBer?

Ware, Carpenter, Spencer....then trading one for Boley?

Although, admittedly, a LB core of Ware/Spencer on the outside and James/Boley on the inside sounds absolutely fantastic.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;1929345 said:
I know. He's really grown into a very good player for them. But there is no way they let Boley go.

And as much as it would be an upgrade....would you really want to spend 4 1st rounders in a row on a LBer?

Ware, Carpenter, Spencer....then trading one for Boley?

Although, admittedly, a LB core of Ware/Spencer on the outside and James/Boley on the inside sounds absolutely fantastic.

I'm tempted to do it seeing that we have 2 1sts

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1929332 said:
not advocating it, just running it by you guys

what if Atlanta franchises OLB Michael Boley, and we send them one of our 2, 1st round picks, say the 28th overall pick

would y'all be mad?

FYI: Boley would be an ILB here, most likely would take the place of Akin Ayodele in the lineup

Seems a little pricey, and that's a pick that we need to use to address more significant areas of concern.

Perhaps we could just bring in a young veteran FA ILB'er like Teddy Lehman or Landon Johnson and have him push Ayodele for the starting job (granted both those guys are unfamiliar with the 3-4).

Just my humble opinion...