Just as excited for Sunday

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I can tell you this devante Adams is not a smart move I mean why hasn't anybody else moved on I'm really fast and jumped all over this gem? I watched the Philadelphia Eagles lose 3 wide receivers over the last couple of weeks did they run out and look for a trade no.

We still have guys on this team that can play we have a true number one in lamb you cannot go out and use a number two draft pick on an aging wide receiver that may be good this year but he's a one year rental but I guarantee it's behind the scenes or something going on much like Hassan Reddick he wants that$78 million he's owed that's no longer guaranteed guaranteed similar to the left tackle with the 49ers wouldn't report until they redid his contract it really wasn't about more money or new money it was about guaranteeing the rest of his money you can't rent a guy for 16,000,000 for a second round pick..

I believe if you wanna do that it's gonna happen at the bye week and before the trade that night it'd be more someone like Hopkins or Cooper would be a better #2 here you know why because alpha dogs like step on Biggs and guys like Adams will not be happy sharing the ball with CD lamb and vice versa you can't have two true number ones on your team especially at that cost that number two draft pick you know they're complaining about the number 4 draft pick we allegedly wasted on Trey Lance and it cost us a running back you want us to waste a number 2 for a partial year rental when the defense is bad as you talking about you don't look ahead and see that this would be a bad move we probably can't fix all the holes on the rest of the team why would you give up a number 2 for a guy that you're still have to pay about $16,000,000 to for the rest of the year and give up a number two draft pick it makes no sense whatsoever the Jones family in this case are absolutely correct..

They will use the next two games like they did in 2018 to reevaluate and see where they're really at and when it gets desperate time they'll probably make a trade for a running back and a #2 wide receiver if Brandon cooks doesn't look like he's ever gonna be right again that would be we're getting all our players back nobody's out for the year not that I checked last that's what other teams are looking at too if they know their guys are coming back soon and you have so many holes you're not giving up a number 2 and $16 million for a one year rental.

I agree things need to be changed but in this case devante Adams is a bad fit for our team right now he just is..

I got into a debate with a guy just yesterday over this he doesn't understand like he said how come there's talk and rumor by the way which is talk and rumor you know what that is right like the Ravens are gonna end up with him why don't the Cowboys do that well tell me who's the Ravens #1 wide receiver and how much money does he make how much does a wide receiver room make over there?​
Last I checked we have lamb under a brand new contract he's a true #1 the Ravens need a true number one they haven't been on the draft one they're terrible at drafting skill players that's why they go out and pay guys like obj or possibly Adams and go bring in a guy like Henry because they haven't filled in their skill players on the offensive side as well as they do on the defense they're the opposite of us..​
And they say that about the Jones family about the running backs as well they don't realize how much we're actually paying the running back room when you add in the $6 million in dead cap space I think they're trying to clear the books and they'll get another running back in the draft next year but don't be surprised they could get a running back in a trade here in the next couple weeks there's some dudes on some teams like Miami and The Jets I see have an overloaded room full of running backs and maybe they'll be willing to let 1 go.​
.​
well, every player on the market is ALWAYS rumored to be going to Dallas... gets clicks. Its rarely true.

As far as Ravens, let me knoww when they are in the SB with Lamar, then you can talk about how good they are with mediocre WRs. By the way, their qb is a mediocre passer of the ball. He is basically Mike Vick 2.0. As he ages and slows down some, his game will disappear. But, last I checked, he has same number of super bowl appearances as are mediocre qb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well, every player on the market is ALWAYS rumored to be going to Dallas... gets clicks. Its rarely true.

As far as Ravens, let me knoww when they are in the SB with Lamar, then you can talk about how good they are with mediocre WRs. By the way, their qb is a mediocre passer of the ball. He is basically Mike Vick 2.0. As he ages and slows down some, his game will disappear. But, last I checked, he has same number of super bowl appearances as are mediocre qb.
No I'm talking about the fact that you are missing the point but my point was the reason he could be rumored and it's probably more true that he can fit with the Ravens it's 'cause they don't have a number one wide receiver at least they're not paying one like we are I mean we have a more expensive quarterback right now we have a more expensive receiver we have two expensive offensive lineman we paid Trayvon diggs I'm saying that yes they're rumored that everybody's coming here but it's not a good fit you can't give up a #2 draft pick and pay the man that kind of money when most likely he's gonna want to get paid before he signs or reports to his new team he's traded to like a song Reddick I'm saying in this case the Dallas Cowboys front office is right not going after devante Adams he just doesn't fit right now we have too many holes..

But the Ravens can fit him on their team because they're looking for an alpha dog #1 which we already have so they can actually probably even keep him paying what he wants 'cause I don't think they had a true number one in a very long time they just keep trying they're not as good as drafting team as we are we draft on offense way better than they that's my point we don't need to go after devante Adams 'cause he's not gonna fix anything however I mentioned Cooper and Hopkins could be available for probably a way less draft capital and way less money that would make more sense as our #2 versus them needing atoms as their number one.

I wasn't propping them up I was saying there's a reason the rumor is that maybe where he's going and it only makes sense because here it's not a good fit I'm telling you I'm not pro front office this would be a bad move this year giving his owed money and his number two draft pick is too much for a #2 wide receiver who's gonna want #1 reps he's gonna want the targets he's gonna turn into stefan diggs. That's what fans mean when they're discussing having two alphas at the same position on offense you can't feed them all the balls they're not gonna be enough to go around..

That's all I meant I wasn't trying to compare us to the Ravens it's talking about devante Adams rumors coming here is not a good fit so I'm glad he's not unless the front office wants to I'm not gonna complain I just don't think he fixes anything here but Cooper/ Hopkins could be a good fit it'd be weird for Jerry to go back and get Cooper but there are rumors that hopkins could be on the market again....

blueblood70

Reaction score

Yeah that said Lamar stole Prescott S MVP I don't care that they got to the championship game last year Prescott deserved it in my opinion is about the regular season and he had a better regular season as a quarterback and was on a 12 win team that went to the playoffs so he should have got that so but either way I'm saying the Ravens are a better fit for Adams.. And that would be crazy for them to end up with Henry and Adams but if you notice on offense they almost never have anything because they can't draft they're always going after free agents on offense. defense they know how to draft defense that's for sure...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not pleased with several things about our season. Our run game sucks. Is it the RBs only? I dont think so. I think our line has been mediocre at best. What?? Devante Adams is out there for a 2nd rd pick? And we arent even interested? well.....looking at a 35 to 40 million cap hit in each of the following 2 seasons...... nope, I wouldnt take that either.

Our run defense sucks.... AGAIN. Yep...... what can I do.
This is the life of an NFL fan. All of you sining the Eagles praises before the season started for all thei r great moves..... ye, the Eagles suck. Did you watch that Bucs Atlanta game last night? Baker looks great.... and they lost. The NFL is GREAT fun.... all year long. And even though we arent the 75 steelers, I am gonna wake up Sunday morning with a smile on my face like I do every Sunday during football season. Why? Becaus epeople like Couchcoach demands it.

Life is short people.... enjoy every game for what it is. Damn fun!
Looking forward in seeing some of these young guys play this week. It’s a long season and as you inferred, anything can happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looking forward in seeing some of these young guys play this week. It’s a long season and as you inferred, anything can happen.
We're about to find out two things how the next man up responds our team is not going to have a complete let down and some of the little camp hero talk about Flournoy we're going to find out if he can play at all if Mike McCarthy can get him involved..

I do see their defense the the middle of their defense is very exposed and they don't have great corners but what's Mike going to do probably run the ball 14 times up the middle throw the ball outside six times to both edges and play down to their competition and not go after their weaknesses... I hope I'm wrong but that's what I've been watching they were trying to protect the defense so they have these weird purposely long drives not trying to take the top off the defense and score too quick and we're kicking too many field goals... I don't even remember the last time it was we're inside the 10 yard line 1st and goal like it's literally we're trying to get there and never get there so they never tried to even hardly take a shot at the goal line...

I for one want to see how Mike Zimmer uses some of the younger guys in the rotation to and find a way to create pass rush, but I hope that he's smart enough to know that the guy who looks most like Parsons would be over shown #13 needs to be all over that defensive line coming from all spots going after or at least containing Justin fields...

Preoccupied

Reaction score
I'm
The problem with that game plan his name is Mike McCarthy you do realize that this vanilla like long time possession long slow moving drives have seemed to be to protect the defense and is he going to see the weakness is at linebacker and at the back end with the cornerbacks is he going to slice the middle up is he going to finally use the tight ends as weapons is it going to bring Turpin over the top to take the top off is it going to allow flournoy to have a opportunity for more than 5 snaps to see if he can do something why cook this out I mean is he going to get the run game moving they're probably not going to let you run this is not the type of team that's going to allow you to run but their weakness is in the middle of the field and on the outside they're banged up too..

But as much as you can see this would be the type of game to open it up especially in the middle of the field it didn't have to be the know how to offense it literally just had to be a normal offense they should take advantage of the weaknesses and that would be looking like the inside guys all over the middle of the field should be but tear those linebackers to pieces but will the play calls match that energy that's the problem here they're not using most of our players properly..

I see more of the same coming literally Mike McCarthy will run the ball stubbornly 19 times almost all up the middle of the line and have a few weird calls with the wrong player to the outside too many plays for the guys run behind a line of scrimmage turn around and you toss the ball to the outside with a team that plays aggressively and comes up in tackles like they did against this is how I see that game this is a poor man's Ravens team this is not as good as a Ravens team but they play exactly how the Ravens play but they don't have a Derrick Henry they have a slow naji Harris they don't have as good a running quarterback but they have a similar one so our defense could look to the scene similar things and maybe Mike McCartney's gonna see that too and he's just gonna play vanilla football and let everything be dictated instead of dictate to your opponent that's the problem around here is Mike McCarthy's not aggressive Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to have game plans to exploit weaknesses he seems to have 15 plays during the week that he draws up on his little sheet and puts him on loop no matter what's happening and just recalls him all over the field the rest of the game... tight end CD lamb Turpin should be pulling coverages like over the top he may even get some plays but they need more motion misdirection if they can't use tails where the other team knows what's coming by playing so much straight up football this is looking more and more like Jason Garrett football..​
I'm with you if there's some actual scheming and game planning going on here should be a big day in the middle going down the seams TES, lamb, Turpin should be pull coverage running 9s with IDK some double moves, hmm he may even get some plays but they should be able to disguise and move the defenses eyes!!​

gonna look out for the frustrating play actioned you mentioned that mm calls. The run ball and wrong outside plays.

Then I'm gonna think to myself how longs he gonna consistently keep trying to execute them.

I appreciate DC can't keep the fast offense style I mentioned all of time in game .

But in that comeback attempt against the ravens.

I saw that sling and go quick style and liked it.

Some would say it was garbage time etc etc.
But I enjoyed it and wanna see more.

The ny game was not as enjoyable. It didn't look as exciting offensively as that period of momentum in the ravens game.

But we got the win.

Replying to you is taking this thread kinda off thread . So to conclude....

I'll look at mm offensive gameplay with intrigue now. Thanks for the insight.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I am not pleased with several things about our season. Our run game sucks. Is it the RBs only? I dont think so. I think our line has been mediocre at best. What?? Devante Adams is out there for a 2nd rd pick? And we arent even interested? well.....looking at a 35 to 40 million cap hit in each of the following 2 seasons...... nope, I wouldnt take that either.

This is the life of an NFL fan. All of you sining the Eagles praises before the season started for all thei r great moves..... ye, the Eagles suck. Did you watch that Bucs Atlanta game last night? Baker looks great.... and they lost. The NFL is GREAT fun.... all year long. And even though we arent the 75 steelers, I am gonna wake up Sunday morning with a smile on my face like I do every Sunday during football season. Why? Becaus epeople like Couchcoach demands it.

How much did Jerry pay you to write that? :laugh:

deerhunter11

Reaction score

Here Here, Good post .That sounds like the way I look at it as well.Looking forward to watching my beloved Cowboys as usual like the past 51 years.Always looking for good play and execution on all 3 phases .This week I predict Dallas 31 Pittsburgh 21 .

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Meh; life’s too stressful to get angry over football. Especially a Jerry Jones team.
I don't know about that. Junior High School me would have put holes in the drywall over the Ravens game, and current me wasn't really bothered by it.

Is apathy really what we want? Is football really all that if you have no more passion as a fan because you know that your team has no chance due to ownership?

No, because the magic is then gone, and the entertainment value is zero.

I could take all this much better if I knew that there was a reasonable chance of success some time in the future, but there isn't any.

Admittedly, the Sunk-Cost Fallacy, and the past are all that keep me going.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
yet here you are, spending your time talking about the Cowboys.
Most of us are homers , because we have watched the Greats .That have played for the Dallas Cowboys since we can remember from a young age,we all know their names Roger Tony Lilly Newhouse Randy White Harvey Martin Ed Jones Drew Pearson Billy Joe DePre Chuck Howley , to more modern Troy Aikman Emmitt Smith Jay Novecheck Michael Irvin DeMarcus Ware you get the point .Point is some of us will remain fans til death , but Jerry still sucks at his job as GM ,their is no question to this fact.I will hang in there like a hair in a biscuit praying we become a great team again .Because the DALLAS COWBOYS WILL ALWAYS BE MY TEAM .And Larry Allen is my favorite of all time.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
The problem with that game plan his name is Mike McCarthy you do realize that this vanilla like long time possession long slow moving drives have seemed to be to protect the defense and is he going to see the weakness is at linebacker and at the back end with the cornerbacks is he going to slice the middle up is he going to finally use the tight ends as weapons is it going to bring Turpin over the top to take the top off is it going to allow flournoy to have a opportunity for more than 5 snaps to see if he can do something why cook this out I mean is he going to get the run game moving they're probably not going to let you run this is not the type of team that's going to allow you to run but their weakness is in the middle of the field and on the outside they're banged up too..

But as much as you can see this would be the type of game to open it up especially in the middle of the field it didn't have to be the know how to offense it literally just had to be a normal offense they should take advantage of the weaknesses and that would be looking like the inside guys all over the middle of the field should be but tear those linebackers to pieces but will the play calls match that energy that's the problem here they're not using most of our players properly..

I see more of the same coming literally Mike McCarthy will run the ball stubbornly 19 times almost all up the middle of the line and have a few weird calls with the wrong player to the outside too many plays for the guys run behind a line of scrimmage turn around and you toss the ball to the outside with a team that plays aggressively and comes up in tackles like they did against this is how I see that game this is a poor man's Ravens team this is not as good as a Ravens team but they play exactly how the Ravens play but they don't have a Derrick Henry they have a slow naji Harris they don't have as good a running quarterback but they have a similar one so our defense could look to the scene similar things and maybe Mike McCartney's gonna see that too and he's just gonna play vanilla football and let everything be dictated instead of dictate to your opponent that's the problem around here is Mike McCarthy's not aggressive Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to have game plans to exploit weaknesses he seems to have 15 plays during the week that he draws up on his little sheet and puts him on loop no matter what's happening and just recalls him all over the field the rest of the game... tight end CD lamb Turpin should be pulling coverages like over the top he may even get some plays but they need more motion misdirection if they can't use tails where the other team knows what's coming by playing so much straight up football this is looking more and more like Jason Garrett football..​
I'm with you if there's some actual scheming and game planning going on here should be a big day in the middle going down the seams TES, lamb, Turpin should be pull coverage running 9s with IDK some double moves, hmm he may even get some plays but they should be able to disguise and move the defenses eyes!!​
Good Post.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys could be 0-4 and I would still be excited for Sunday. I love NFL football regardless how they’re playing. I don’t allow their play to ruin my enjoyment for the game. I know there’s some fans that live for the Cowboys every week and if they’re not playing well, they don’t watch the other games. There’s fans that even if the Cowboys are playing well, they don’t watch the other games. I have a friend who watches the Cowboys and once their game is over, he heads for the golf course.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That sounds all well and good, but if the Cowboys are getting destroyed, it’s not damn fun. There’s some games that no matter how much you enjoy watching the Cowboys they can be torture. Look no further than the New Orleans game in week two. That was only damn fun for those who love watching the Cowboys lose bad.