CFZ Just be aware of the business end of the NFL

kevm3

Reaction score
If there was any real concern for the 'integrity' of the game, then there would be an investigation but the NFL is entertainment.

Here's another one. Tell me how well paid professionals can 'miss this call'? This wasn't even something that's borderline.
(6) Pass Interference or nah? - YouTube

I'd also like to see the unnecessary roughness on Micah Parson to end the Giants game. Also would like to see when it's legal to review a previous play after the field goal has been kicked. Either the refs are dirty or they are utterly incompetent, of which both cases need an investigation.

How about the refs calling penalties on the Titans twice during the Chiefs game so they made sure Mahomes scored? Or the refs marching the Rams down the field in the superbowl at the end of the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The game of football wasn’t meant to be perfect . The Instant Replay has ruined how some fans view the officiating .

The fact every catch and every score has to be reviewed and examined is ridiculous.

They either need to stop over analyzing every play with video review or just review each play for any violations eliminating throwing flags and judgement calls.

I recall football without Instant Replay . Reviewing plays was initially intended to eliminate poor calls that ultimately changed the result at end of game .

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wholeheartedly disagree with the sentiment of this note. I’ve been hearing variations of this NFL conspiracy theories for the 40 years I have been watching the NFL and have never seen any evidence of this kind of top level conspiracy to manipulate games, outcomes, etc.

I’m not so close minded to think it’s impossible, however, very much in the camp of “prove it”…

in my experience people I know who believe the NFL is rigged believe most other aspects of life are “rigged” as well….

Exactly. If there really is a massive high level conspiracy to fix games, show me the proof and I will believe it. So far there is not a single piece of concrete evidence of intentional game manipulation to determine outcomes. Given the amount of people/ complexity of a system required to make this happen effectively, it would almost certainly have been exposed by now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Officiating in many cases is a judgment call. Just like calling balls and strikes or a foul shooting a basket.

Often times there are questionable and inconsistent judgements by these officials .

Shoot , we have fans who all see the same play or infraction time after time on Instant Replay and come away with different conclusions .

It’s simply not meant to be perfect .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Intended or not, you can see how referees can -and do- affect the outcome of ball games and can control point spreads, who wins and loses, even how long it takes for the winning team to score the winning score.
I've always said that it's naive to think that billionaires would leave their fortunes to chance.
So many of us watched the WWF. We knew it was fake, but who didn't love tuning in to watch Rick Flair, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Sting, and the rest? The athletic abilities of the wrestlers and their showmanship put a legitimate entertainment product in the arenas. Even though we knew the results were pre-determined, we tuned in and enjoyed the show, and so many were riled up, ready to fight over the results.
Now the NFL has become a multi - trillion dollar business. The advertising dollars are huge. The economies of NFL cities are fueled by the tourism, ticket sales, and all of the other ways that money is generated from having an NFL franchise.
Television advertisers were getting upset over blow-outs that caused fans to turn the channel and miss their commercials during the second halves of games that no longer were a contest. So now it seems that EVERY prime time game is decided by one score, and often in the final seconds. Even if it is a last place team vs a first place team, the game remains close through the third quarter, with the first place team putting it out of reach during the fourth quarter.
At one time there was talk of stopping the Monday Night Football games because so many of those games had become dull, boring affairs between mismatched opponents, as the injuries mounted and lesser skilled teams fell away as the season progresses. Now there's Sunday night and Thursday night games that go down to the wire, often settled on the last play of the game.
The NFL wants you to believe that it's because of "parity" in the league, but is it really about "parody"? Is something rotten in the game Americans have grown to love?
And now, with the NFL encouraging gambling, it becomes another reason for games to finish close to the point spreads.
The recent loss by the Cowboys to Green Bay keeps an audience in a top NFL fan base believing just a little bit longer(Green Bay), and the win makes those fans feel that their team is still one of the best. Multiply that by the number of losing franchises and you can see how much money is lost if fans lose interest.
So be careful betting on football. Those of us who have watched the NFL for 50+ years know that there is no such thing as parity in a league filled with so many different philosophies from team to team, and with leadership that varies so much in talent and what they hope to accomplish.
The NFL won on Thanksgiving, with ad revenue and sales getting a record audience.
Remember; the NFL is a business, It's not always the most talented who get the breaks.
It's what's best for business.
A2-CE554-E-410-E-4918-B427-F06-C67571-AC9.webp

kevm3

Reaction score
There's a difference between occasionally missing a call and in somehow having eagle vision for one team but being blatantly blind on the other team

How does a paid professional miss the push in the back in the Patriots game or the pass interference on Ceedee Lamb? How can they legally wait until after a timeout and after a field goal was kicked to review the previous play? I want to know in what world that is acceptable as a professional? Anyone have a video of the Micah Parson unnecessary roughness call that helped the Giants get an easy score at the end?

TheHerd

Reaction score
I’m watching a lot more non-Cowboy games year. So this has nothing to do with Dallas bias. There is no doubt that teams behind in the fourth quarter get the benefit of calls. Not sure if it’s because they are passing and therefore the opposition is exposed to more defensive penalties or not, but it can’t be denied. Not sure it’s a fix, but it’s definitely an officiating tendency.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
There’s really no doubt that the NFL, the networks, and the advertisers prefer close competitive games. That cannot be debated. The question is how far will they go to get what they want. I’m not saying they blatantly call the games in a manner to make them close, but it doesn’t have to be blatant, does it?

If what he says is true then it’s illegal and should be under federal investigation for mob like crimes.

ESisback

Reaction score
Intended or not, you can see how referees can -and do- affect the outcome of ball games and can control point spreads, who wins and loses, even how long it takes for the winning team to score the winning score.
I've always said that it's naive to think that billionaires would leave their fortunes to chance.
So many of us watched the WWF. We knew it was fake, but who didn't love tuning in to watch Rick Flair, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Sting, and the rest? The athletic abilities of the wrestlers and their showmanship put a legitimate entertainment product in the arenas. Even though we knew the results were pre-determined, we tuned in and enjoyed the show, and so many were riled up, ready to fight over the results.
Now the NFL has become a multi - trillion dollar business. The advertising dollars are huge. The economies of NFL cities are fueled by the tourism, ticket sales, and all of the other ways that money is generated from having an NFL franchise.
Television advertisers were getting upset over blow-outs that caused fans to turn the channel and miss their commercials during the second halves of games that no longer were a contest. So now it seems that EVERY prime time game is decided by one score, and often in the final seconds. Even if it is a last place team vs a first place team, the game remains close through the third quarter, with the first place team putting it out of reach during the fourth quarter.
At one time there was talk of stopping the Monday Night Football games because so many of those games had become dull, boring affairs between mismatched opponents, as the injuries mounted and lesser skilled teams fell away as the season progresses. Now there's Sunday night and Thursday night games that go down to the wire, often settled on the last play of the game.
The NFL wants you to believe that it's because of "parity" in the league, but is it really about "parody"? Is something rotten in the game Americans have grown to love?
And now, with the NFL encouraging gambling, it becomes another reason for games to finish close to the point spreads.
The recent loss by the Cowboys to Green Bay keeps an audience in a top NFL fan base believing just a little bit longer(Green Bay), and the win makes those fans feel that their team is still one of the best. Multiply that by the number of losing franchises and you can see how much money is lost if fans lose interest.
So be careful betting on football. Those of us who have watched the NFL for 50+ years know that there is no such thing as parity in a league filled with so many different philosophies from team to team, and with leadership that varies so much in talent and what they hope to accomplish.
The NFL won on Thanksgiving, with ad revenue and sales getting a record audience.
Remember; the NFL is a business, It's not always the most talented who get the breaks.
It's what's best for business.

Exactly the point I’m always trying to make, but King Scoffer’s #1 priority isn’t Cowboy wins, but explaining away everything that happens.

We have to ask ourselves—what’s best for the profiteers? Manufactured drama to seperate the masses from their money. WWE? Exactly!

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
So why haven't the Cowboys been in a superbowl for 20 plus years? If they were looking to fix games and control the narrative, and maximize ratings why not put the most popular team in at least once every 10 years?

Yep, not sure it's true but I read that the Cowboy - Giants game on Thanksgiving is the highest rated game ever. But the Cowboys have always been the top draw. The League office would be wanting a lot more of that if they were fixing games.

shabazz

Reaction score
Maybe it's because the powers that be knew that the Cowboys fan base would stand the longest while other teams got new Stadiums, built the economies of their cities, and built their fan base.

As crazy as some conspiracy theories sound, we’ve seen in the last 6 or so years, that events that were being put out as truth have been debunked and were actually carefully crafted by a handful of conspirators.

Believe almost nothing until proven otherwise, doubt anything that is approved by 8 out of 10 scientists or doctors, and always follow the money or who gains power from an event.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is the equivalent to .

Flat earthers
911 truthers
Russian collusion
Fake moon landing

Amazing how not a single guilt ridden participant has had a guilty conscience. Became a whistle blower or no death bed confessions.