Just curious: Who's your UFL team?

_sturt_

Reaction score
For whatever reason, I gravitated to Birmingham last season. And yeah, the record will show I was one of those already on the Aubrey-matic bandwagon even before we learned that McClay and Fassel had been scouting him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Refuse to watch.

But I loved the Spring league in the 80s. Didn’t even have a team, just loved the league. Watched every game I could.

We all know what happened. Unfortunate.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Refuse to watch.

But I loved the Spring league in the 80s. Didn’t even have a team, just loved the league. Watched every game I could.

We all know what happened. Unfortunate.
I’ve attempted to watch. The number of penalties and the time it takes to sort them out makes it too difficult to watch even one entire game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I only watched some of the 1st week so far. I forget it is even on. I will watch some of it.
Since I am half way between Dallas and Fort Worth, just North of Arlington. I will follow them.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I have no idea what UFL is... guess I'll have to look this up

edit:
huh look at that.... they need to up their marketing budget this thread is the first I've heard of them honestly...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I couldn’t even name a team in that league. Never watched a game and don’t plan on it. I don’t get any enjoyment watching players that aren’t good enough to play in the NFL or former NFL players who can no longer make an NFL roster.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For whatever reason, I gravitated to Birmingham last season. And yeah, the record will show I was one of those already on the Aubrey-matic bandwagon even before we learned that McClay and Fassel had been scouting him.
really?? lol not Cowboy related but ok..

well, I don't really have one, given the fact that two years ago, I think it's the season that got cut short by COVID ,my young nephew seemed to like the Arlington team, he had bought season tickets and he took me to a game.. Of course, I spent more on food and buying some shirts for us then he spent on tickets for the whole entire season lol.. So given that fact and the fact that I live in Arlington, I'll have to go with the Arlington Renegades... However I don't really have any plans on following them but I guess I can keep one eye on them if they happen to be on TV while I'm in the room...

_sturt_

Reaction score
Don’t care, it’s like watching AA baseball :laugh:
Granted.

But given the alternative of Manfredball, and that my NBA team is owned by someone who has proven he only views his asset as an ATM... UFL is, at least, something worthy of some time. I mean, you're probably not going to find a lot of future NFL players there, but we've done fairly nicely with Turpin and Aubrey.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I couldn’t even name a team in that league. Never watched a game and don’t plan on it. I don’t get any enjoyment watching players that aren’t good enough to play in the NFL or former NFL players who can no longer make an NFL roster.
Okay.

I'm not like that at all.

I can watch football at a HS level, a D3 level, an FBS level, or any other level. The game itself is just the right mix of athleticism and strategery, and once you learn some of the names, it's all entertaining.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Granted.

But given the alternative of Manfredball, and that my NBA team is owned by someone who has proven he only views his asset as an ATM... UFL is, at least, something worthy of some time. I mean, you're probably not going to find a lot of future NFL players there, but we've done fairly nicely with Turpin and Aubrey.
I don't know who your NBA team is but right now the Dallas Stars and the Dallas Mavericks are on a roll could do a very deep playoff run... so trust me I'll be watching them, and I know they baseball season is barely started and too many games to worry about right now but still there are a lot of things that would top the UFL IMHO

by the way if you're talking about Mark Cuban and The Mavericks I would say that you probably haven't been paying attention there's new ownership now he still has a piece of it but he's not the main owner of The Mavericks anymore... Besides the fact that almost all owners buy these teams as tax breaks and they all wanna make a profit that's what said about Jerry Jones here too so I find it ironic people will talk about their other teams owners all owners main concern is profit is making as much money as possible... Just wanna make sure you understood business because that's what corporations and all businesses number one concern is making money.. These are not nonprofits

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Okay.

I'm not like that at all.

I can watch football at a HS level, a D3 level, an FBS level, or any other level. The game itself is just the right mix of athleticism and strategery, and once you learn some of the names, it's all entertaining.
I love football but I get enough of it during the NFL season. We’re getting Monday night and Thursday night games. We’re getting games during different days of the week late in the season. I need a break from watching football and don’t care watching pro scrub leagues. Those leagues don’t have a large viewership, which is why they keep folding.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I love football but I get enough of it during the NFL season. We’re getting Monday night and Thursday night games. We’re getting games during different days of the week late in the season. I need a break from watching football and certainly don’t care watching pro scrub leagues. .
dang bro tell us how you really feel don't hold back..lol.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Before you know it there will be a JFL ( Jerry Football League)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Granted.

MLB is enough to get me through the Summer, can’t wait to see how the Mets implode this time :muttley:

I need a football break and have vacations to plan until the cycle starts again in September :thumbup:

_sturt_

Reaction score
if you're talking about Mark Cuban and The Mavericks
I'm not.

This may come as news to some people, but there are a lot of Cowboys fans who do not and/or never have lived anywhere close to Big D. :)

(I'd tell you the team, but it doesn't really matter.)

baseball season
I loved that game. Back when they played it. What did they call it? That's right... the national pastime.

So much for that.

I despise the basturdized version of it that is now rightly referred to as Manfredball. Sorry not sorry. It's become a game that pleases all the baseball writers, that's for sure. They got all they wanted to make their workday easier and shorter.