Just for fun: Jerry’s “favorite words“ in State of Cowboys address

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stream of consciousness takes on a new meaning when the speaker slips in and out of consciousness during the speech. And Jerry's love of ambiguity is often bs.
I’ve often wished he would give us his definition of ambiguity that he so often says he is comfortable with. I’m hoping that doesn’t include comfort with only winning a few playoff games every 25 years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Graaaaace”- (grace) In his presser today, when asked tough questions about social justice issues, JJ used the word “graaaace” about 20 times. Sadly, the sentences didn’t make much sense, but he apparently has found another word he’s obsessed with, lol.

Amazing grace..........lol

cern

Reaction score
I’ve often wished he would give us his definition of ambiguity that he so often says he is comfortable with. I’m hoping that doesn’t include comfort with only winning a few playoff games every 25 years.
It means anything he says is open to interpretation. He can never be accused of lying.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
After listening to about 5 minutes of the annual “State of the Cowboys” stream of consciousness from our owner/GM/president and tractor pull coordinator, I had to to turn it off. At this point in Cowboys’ history, just hard to listen to a guy who not only struggles to string a meaningful sentence together, as he’s just stepped off his billion dollar yacht, he seems less and less connected to the real world.

But, why not have some fun with Jerry’s proclivity to use weird combinations and pronunciations of words? Sure he hasn’t delivered much in the way of playoff wins in a generation, but man can this dude wax on in self important platitudes! So...below is a list of some of Jerry’s favorite press conference words, and how he pronounces them:
  • Poz-teeve” (positive) Used dozens of times in less than 5 minutes. He’s “poz-teeve” about this upcoming season, says there is a “poz-teeve” atmosphere around the team, yada, yada.
  • Uh, uh”- I believe Jerry Jones holds the unofficial Guinness World Record for number of times saying the word “uh” in a press conference. Hey we haven’t won any SBs the last two decades under his guidance, but at least we can brag about his world record “uh” output. I challenge anyone who can say the word “uh” more than Jerry.
  • Graaaaace”- (grace) In his presser today, when asked tough questions about social justice issues, JJ used the word “graaaace” about 20 times. Sadly, the sentences didn’t make much sense, but he apparently has found another word he’s obsessed with, lol.

• Candidly” (candidly) Another word Jerry loves dearly. He loves to throw down a “quite candidly” or “let me be candid” prefix to many a sentence. Strangely, as often as he throws it down, it implies that everything else he says, is not candid. Lol.

• Stayjum”- (stadium) One of Jerry’s favorite words is about his favorite real estate- his “stayjum”. He loves to brag about its size, it’s beauty, and it’s capacity, and I believe, it’s the one word he loves more than any because it’s the #1 reason he has become bulletproof to fans without having playoff success in decades. That 3 million square foot Death Star is like his third son...since Garrett left.
”Quite candidly”, I know there are more “Jerryisms” that could be added here. What are some more of JJ’s favorite buzz words?
The guys over on First Take roasted Jerrah over this.

But I think they got it right.

Valkyr

Reaction score
~relates something to when he was in the oil business~

Or the 'awl business'

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just watched it. Jerry looked pale. Figured being on the yacht a few months he’d have some color from a little sun.

And where was he from virtually? Was that the Star? All 3 looked like from different locations.

I have been wondering If Jerry would allow himself to be vulnerable in public.

bandfan

Reaction score
Several thoughts here:
1. If you dont like the thread, why not move on and post on a thread you are interested in adding something?
2. Pls let us know what forum rule Hazey has violated. Yeah, thats what I thought.
3. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (its a forum) and you're not the opinion police.
So, basically you are saying everyone has a right to their opinion..? Except Rags that is.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lighten up buddy...I don’t hate Jerry. He’s actually a decent, kind family man. He really is. And a great businessman. And a terrible football GM. I’m just having a little fun here.
I’m not sure how good of a family fan he is if your counting infidelity and promiscuity. Maybe he just provides everyone so much they look the other way.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’m not sure how good of a family fan he is if your counting infidelity and promiscuity. Maybe he just provides everyone so much they look the other way.
My head solemnly nods.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My take away. Jerry values the fans and their perception of him and the Cowboys .

Which basically supports most of what many of us have been preaching for years and decades.

Here’s a new stat he threw out there. Only 7% of the Cowboys fans around the country have been to a Cowboy game. Which means he doesn’t care about how many are attending the games.

I know hundreds probably thousands of Cowboy fans personally and I’d say probably 10% or less haven’t been to a Cowboy game.

But this is all he cares about is our popularity . It’s very obvious what his priority is. He totally disgust me. It’s so painful to watch.

fivetwos

Reaction score
After listening to about 5 minutes of the annual “State of the Cowboys” stream of consciousness from our owner/GM/president and tractor pull coordinator, I had to to turn it off. At this point in Cowboys’ history, just hard to listen to a guy who not only struggles to string a meaningful sentence together, as he’s just stepped off his billion dollar yacht, he seems less and less connected to the real world.

But, why not have some fun with Jerry’s proclivity to use weird combinations and pronunciations of words? Sure he hasn’t delivered much in the way of playoff wins in a generation, but man can this dude wax on in self important platitudes! So...below is a list of some of Jerry’s favorite press conference words, and how he pronounces them:
  • Poz-teeve” (positive) Used dozens of times in less than 5 minutes. He’s “poz-teeve” about this upcoming season, says there is a “poz-teeve” atmosphere around the team, yada, yada.
  • Uh, uh”- I believe Jerry Jones holds the unofficial Guinness World Record for number of times saying the word “uh” in a press conference. Hey we haven’t won any SBs the last two decades under his guidance, but at least we can brag about his world record “uh” output. I challenge anyone who can say the word “uh” more than Jerry.
  • Graaaaace”- (grace) In his presser today, when asked tough questions about social justice issues, JJ used the word “graaaace” about 20 times. Sadly, the sentences didn’t make much sense, but he apparently has found another word he’s obsessed with, lol.

• Candidly” (candidly) Another word Jerry loves dearly. He loves to throw down a “quite candidly” or “let me be candid” prefix to many a sentence. Strangely, as often as he throws it down, it implies that everything else he says, is not candid. Lol.

• Stayjum”- (stadium) One of Jerry’s favorite words is about his favorite real estate- his “stayjum”. He loves to brag about its size, it’s beauty, and it’s capacity, and I believe, it’s the one word he loves more than any because it’s the #1 reason he has become bulletproof to fans without having playoff success in decades. That 3 million square foot Death Star is like his third son...since Garrett left.
”Quite candidly”, I know there are more “Jerryisms” that could be added here. What are some more of JJ’s favorite buzz words?
Well done sir. I needed that laugh!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Several thoughts here:
1. If you dont like the thread, why not move on and post on a thread you are interested in adding something?
2. Pls let us know what forum rule Hazey has violated. Yeah, thats what I thought.
3. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (its a forum) and you're not the opinion police.
Yea, if you can’t get along with Bob. You can’t get along. He’s one of those most popular fans on the forum.

I’ve never seen him personal attack or take issue with anyone. Goes out of his way not to be confrontational , even with me . And I can test the best of them.

Only a fan attempting to discredit Bobs message would take offense.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I laughed when he used the phrase "like circumcising a mosquito," rather than "splitting hairs" a while back.

I'm pretty sure most of us remember that one . . . I thought that was a certified thigh slapper, right there! :D

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry must have touched BH inappropriately at some point because his hate for the man is getting very tiring. Mods need to Ban this constant bs from the same poster. Hating Jerry because he has a yacht, funny stuff. When you approach Jerry’s level of competence pls let us all know.
Yeah he is far from alone. I can't stand him either.

Problem?

And I consider myself at least at Jerry's competence level because after 25 years of failure at any particular anything, I'd maybe get the hint that may not be my thing...and that hiring my kid to be an NFL GM just because he is my kid may not be the best idea either.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry must have touched BH inappropriately at some point because his hate for the man is getting very tiring. Mods need to Ban this constant bs from the same poster. Hating Jerry because he has a yacht, funny stuff. When you approach Jerry’s level of competence pls let us all know.
Mods need to intervene and stop people from stating their opinion if it doesnt align with yours.

That's good stuff.

I dont care if Jerry Jones is a billionaire.

He is also an idiot because he refuses to realize the truth as far as his capability of running football ops.

Go make another billion Jerry. No one cares and you know it.

The same people also know your team hasnt sniffed late January in a quarter century.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sounds like as long as our popularity is strong , Jerry’s happy. It supports basically everything we’ve argued the last couple decades. Totally disgusting!

Meanwhile Stephen sat over there looking bored or angry. Not sure. Lol

But for someone who fans think is taking a bigger lead or the reins doesn’t come off as such still under his Daddy’s wing. Honestly , I’m so sick of Jerry I’d take Cheapskate son taking over. Maybe let Charlotte get involved. At least she’d be easier on the eyes.

Imagine what this is going to look like with Jerry in the next few years as he turns 80. He’s already looking bad. Needs another face lift. And a tanning bed. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mods need to intervene and stop people from stating their opinion if it doesnt align with yours.

That's good stuff.

I dont care if Jerry Jones is a billionaire.

He is also an idiot because he refuses to realize the truth as far as his capability of running football ops.

Go make another billion Jerry. No one cares and you know it.

The same people also know your team hasnt sniffed late January in a quarter century.
I totally agree!

Only problem is fans continuing giving Jerry the wrong message with our popularity and record revenue.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t blame him. We all knew the first questions that he was going be asked. What was he supposed to say. He has always treated his players well. He does a lot for community and people. I thought it was in poor taste for a few new players to call him out when they don’t even know him yet. They haven’t talked, all he has done is write them a big check to do there jobs. The media is just trying to get him to say something they can pick at. Once he talks to the players he will have a better feel on what to do to support his players.