Just got to thinking (Hypothetical)

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Let's say hypothetically, that TO stays here for about 4 years playing at a high level. In that time he wins a Super Bowl or Two....Does he earn his into the ROH and as a fan are you okay with it ? Does he get inducted into the HOF a cowboy? Is he remembered a cowboy? Just bored here, was thinking about it and kind of thought i'd share it with you guys. Of course, none of this might ever come into a fruition but it's something to think about

wileedog

Reaction score
I don't think 3 or 4 years, even if they are championship years, are enough to earn ROH honors. And that's not even considering who he is.

If he does win multiple SBs here he will probably be thought of as a Cowboy in future years, but he will still be most remembered as the guy who fricked up the Niners and Eagles though....

illone

Reaction score
It would take TO a brain transplant for this to happen.

In other words, no.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
Let's say hypothetically, that TO stays here for about 4 years playing at a high level. In that time he wins a Super Bowl or Two....Does he earn his into the ROH and as a fan are you okay with it ? Does he get inducted into the HOF a cowboy? Is he remembered a cowboy? Just bored here, was thinking about it and kind of thought i'd share it with you guys. Of course, none of this might ever come into a fruition but it's something to think about

He hasn't won a ring yet. He left SF and bad terms. I seriously doubt he'd go into the HOF as an egirl. If he playes here 3-4 years, win a ring and racks up enough stats, he may go into the HOF and i would venture to guess he'd go in as a Cowboys considering that's where he'd have won his only ring(s). ROH? No way. Unless he just absolutely tears it up and we go on the kind of run we did between 1992-1995. He'd have to win 3 rings here and play 5 years to get into the ROH, even then it's a stretch.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
He hasn't won a ring yet. He left SF and bad terms. I seriously doubt he'd go into the HOF as an egirl. If he playes here 3-4 years, win a ring and racks up enough stats, he may go into the HOF and i would venture to guess he'd go in as a Cowboys considering that's where he'd have won his only ring(s). ROH? No way. Unless he just absolutely tears it up and we go on the kind of run we did between 1992-1995. He'd have to win 3 rings here and play 5 years to get into the ROH, even then it's a stretch.
I know it's a stretch (big one at that)...it was a hypothetical...just bored and posting some thoughts

coach316

Reaction score
ROH no......HOF after 3-4 years here and 1-2 championships with the stats he's already racked up?....that would be a definite.

If he goes in as a Cowboy would be up to him and the Cowboys organization wouldn't it?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Not unless he absolutely dominates the league of the next 3 years. He would have to outperform the numbers guys like Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes have put up in recent years.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
My question is more are you okay with it ? After all the bad blood between TO and the cowboys...do a few trophies make you okay with him being remembered a cowboy...after disrespecting it at one time in his career.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
coach316 said:
ROH no......HOF after 3-4 years here and 1-2 championships with the stats he's already racked up?....that would be a definite.

If he goes in as a Cowboy would be up to him and the Cowboys organization wouldn't it?

I don't think the organization has a whole lot of say. I think it's pretty much up to the player. How ironic would it be for him to go in as a Cowboy? SF and Philthy, 2 of our most hated rivals.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
My question is more are you okay with it ? After all the bad blood between TO and the cowboys...do a few trophies make you okay with him being remembered a cowboy...after disrespecting it at one time in his career.

If he racks up enough numbers and the HOF votes him in, i have no problem with him going in as a Cowboy.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
I don't think the organization has a whole lot of say. I think it's pretty much up to the player. How ironic would it be for him to go in as a Cowboy? SF and Philthy, 2 of our most hated rivals.
The irony is exactly the reason i posted the thought....wouldn't it be something ?

TheHustler

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:

His contract is only 3 years long.

But if he brings us a Superbowl, he will be loved as a Cowboy, just like Deion.

superpunk

Reaction score
That is a VERY select club, reserved for lifelong Cowboys. Jerry takes it very seriously - and even though he loves his TO signing, he wouldn't do that.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
If.....and that is a BIG IF....he stays here for 3-4 years and helps us win a few Super Bowls, then he would certainly go into the Hall Of Fame as a Cowboy, and i wouldnt have a problem with that by any means. But i would have a problem if they inducted him into our Ring of Honor, T.O. has no business beside Bob Lilly, Emmitt, Roger. I dont think 3-4 years is near long enough to get into the ring

Big Dakota

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
The irony is exactly the reason i posted the thought....wouldn't it be something ?

Ya, that would be something :)

If he can average what he has been doing over the next 3 years, his numbers will look like this.

Receptios 928 good for about 6th all time
TDs 130 good enough to tie Chris Carter for 2nd all time
Yards 13,685 good enough for about 6th all time.

If he can do that, he'll get in.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
Maybe. Sounds like a question that could be asked about Charles Haley and Deion Sanders too.