Just how big is Skyrim?... You'll be shocked

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
216324-header.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/explore-morrowind-and-cyrodiil-in-skyrim-216324.phtml

Not only is the Skyrim landmass in the game, both Cyrodiil and Morrowind are in the game.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I guess this probably means something to those that play... Cause it's doing nothing for me. ;)

I'm thinking about getting it, not sure I need another vice though.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Nice that they put that in here. I assume its for modders to work with or maybe even a possible future expansion or dlc.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Game looked pretty cool....until I saw some actual gameplay.

Snoooooore.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
tomson75;4273443 said:
Game looked pretty cool....until I saw some actual gameplay.

Snoooooore.

yep, my son has it and has been playing it non stop but it doesn't look very good to me.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
You guys are stoned.

Skyrim is absolutely awesome to play.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;4273392 said:
Nice that they put that in here. I assume its for modders to work with or maybe even a possible future expansion or dlc.

That's my guess. Oblivion had Shivering Isles.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4273610 said:
I'd say the gameplay is closer to Morrowind than Oblivion.
+1
The gameplay is definetely closer to Morrowind then Oblivion and thats a good thing.

The patch for the pc version as well as the console versions will be out this week and shore up some of the loose ends.
Still this is game of the year material.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
If I was a Final Fantasy VII fan, would I like this game? How many hours of my life could I expect to lose? Online or just a huge campaign game?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4273868 said:
If I was a Final Fantasy VII fan, would I like this game? How many hours of my life could I expect to lose? Online or just a huge campaign game?

Think huge campaign game, but not on rails in the least. You can do the main quests or you can go off and join different organizations and do their quests. You can talk to people in towns and do their quests. You can do tradeskills. You can also choose from a bunch of different skills that go up with use.

For instance, my first character focused on 1 handed weapons and sneak. That made me an awesome assassin. My entire playstyle consisted of sneaking around and then stabbing people in the back.

This last character I've made is heavy armor and 2 handed weapons. I just walk up and smack them in the face. It's a totally different game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Its ok I guess ........ been playing SWTOR all weekend and its been awesome as usual.

Duane

Reaction score
zrinkill;4274296 said:
Its ok I guess ........ been playing SWTOR all weekend and its been awesome as usual.

Do you know if they are having another beta weekend before launch? My brother and I had a blast playing SW:TOR Saturday and Sunday.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Duane;4274340 said:
Do you know if they are having another beta weekend before launch? My brother and I had a blast playing SW:TOR Saturday and Sunday.

Not sure but I doubt it seeing as the people who preordered the game will be able to start playing Dec 15th.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but really good things about this game.

To bad I have far too many games, with far to many things to still be done on them, to bother with getting something this huge. I'd likely never get it anywhere close to done, as is the case with quite a few games I've already got, due to my love of playing FPS games online in multiplayer.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4274387 said:
I've heard nothing but really good things about this game.

To bad I have far too many games, with far to many things to still be done on them, to bother with getting something this huge. I'd likely never get it anywhere close to done, as is the case with quite a few games I've already got, due to my love of playing FPS games online in multiplayer.

Yet you screwed up and bought MW3 instead of BF3. ;) :p:

Phoenix

Reaction score
I don't know what any of this means. I stopped "gaming" waaaay back in Civ 2 days when I realized how much time it sucked away. :)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me get into SWTOR. The graphics are not exciting me at all. That and I always get in on the ground floor of games and blast through the content within a month or two and get bored and leave.

Skyrim has taken away nearly all of my Aion time. My GF is not happy at all but totally understands.

Our messages go something like this..

Her: "Aion?"

Her: "Helloooo Im on vent!"

Her: "Are you playing Skyrim?"

Her: "WTH are you?"

Her: "Why don't you return my texts?"

Me: "Hihi..sorry! Huge Whiterun battle atm and I am taking over the city for Jarl Ulfric of Windhelm, the true leader of Skyrim. FOR SKYRIM!!!!!!! :p"

Her: "Your a dork"

Me: "Yeah...lol"

Her: "Can we EXP grind when your done?"

Me: "Uhhh Ima work my blacksmithing after this. I need 100 for DA :( "

Her: "DA?"

Me: "Dragon Armor...helloo....omg we need to get this game for you so I can play"

:laugh2: :laugh2: