Just imagine had a Jamaal Adams trade happened between the Cowboys

J12B

Reaction score
Pretty sure Dallas would still be 2-5.

Maybe he helps us make a stop against the Rams and we could be 3-4.

But the team's outlook is headed directly south with all the injuries that have happened (and he's been out injured for a few games as well).

We'd be without our 1st round pick and another premium pick for 2022 (probably a 2nd rounder).

On top of that, the front office would still need to figure out how to pay him.

Guess we were lucky that the Seahawks gave up 2 first round picks to get him. And like I said when that trade happened, Seattle can take a gamble like that when they have Russell Wilson playing QB.

I, for one, am glad Dallas didn't get a trade done for Adams. Even though he is an exceptional Safety.

JayFord

Reaction score
This defense wouldnt be nearly as bad ....they wouldnt be elite but he would def upgrade us if we play him in the box

MikeB80

Reaction score
Now if only they would realize there is no reason in keeping Demarcus Lawrence, Jaylon Smith or Amari Cooper.

They should get as many draft picks as they can and eat the dead money since they won't be in the mix for another few years.

I wouldn't even play Lawrence tonight. I would be on the phone all night tonight and tomorrow creating a market for him and taking the best offer I could get.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then he'd be another one of CZ's whipping boys..

Players on rookie deals get all the love.
Players w/second contracts become whipping boys.

It's the way of fandom..

Last edited:

Plankton

Reaction score
Now if only they would realize there is no reason in keeping Demarcus Lawrence, Jaylon Smith or Amari Cooper.

They should get as many draft picks as they can and eat the dead money since they won't be in the mix for another few years.

I wouldn't even play Lawrence tonight. I would be on the phone all night tonight and tomorrow creating a market for him and taking the best offer I could get.

The Cowboys can't afford to trade Lawrence. Literally.

If they trade him. a $50M+ cap hit is due. They'd have to get rid of a lot of players just to rid themselves of his contract.

Verdict

Reaction score
Then he'd be another one of CZ's whipping boys..

Players on rookie deals get all the love.
Players w/second contracts become whipping boys.

It's the way of fandom..
If they don’t perform they deserve to be whipping boys.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Cowboys can't afford to trade Lawrence. Literally.

If they trade him. a $50M+ cap hit is due. They'd have to get rid of a lot of players just to rid themselves of his contract.

Is it that much? I thought it was much lower than that.

zerofill

Reaction score
We are a front office, and like 25 players away from being relevant again lol. Definitely not a safety away.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they don’t perform they deserve to be whipping boys.
Thing is... their performance could be the equivalent of what earned them the 2nd contract and they'll still become whipping boys. I seent it.

But it is what it is.. We love them when they're on their rookie contracts. That 2nd contract is all it takes to basically earn fan's hate.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The notion that Dallas was just a safety away was fairly popular not long ago. :muttley:

So True. There were literally people here that thought we should trade TWO first round picks for Earl Thomas!
-As if that was the golden ticket to the promised land....

Havic

Reaction score
Were not just a player away, were like 8. Safeties, LB's, DT's, O-Line