Just Learned Something Interesting About Conner McGovern

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by PhillySpecial, May 16, 2019.

1. PhillySpecial

PhillySpecial Benched

258 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Conner McGovern of the Dallas Cowboys plays G and C.

But wait, there's more. Conner McGovern also plays G and C for the Denver Broncos.

Do you know there are 2 Conner McGoverns in the NFL? And they both play the same positions?

If you didn't know, you know now.

2. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

20,696 Messages
    53,340 Likes Received
    Whaaaaaat!?

3. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

10,969 Messages
    14,642 Likes Received
    His short shuttle was better than Tyron's. He has the highest vert of any OL we ever drafted, in the 99%tile. His broad jump was in the 93%-tile.

At 308 pounds at Combine.

Dude was made to play inside.

4. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

11,375 Messages
    6,732 Likes Received
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers....[​IMG]

Melonfeud and JoeyBoy718 like this.
  5. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack

17,909 Messages
    18,527 Likes Received
    Moral of the story here..........

If your last name is McGovern and you have a son, name him Connor and you will have an NFL player in the family one day :thumbup:

lockster, Techsass, jazzcat22 and 7 others like this.
  6. 3rd_n_inches

3rd_n_inches Well-Known Member

1,845 Messages
    1,762 Likes Received
    Well Im out :oops:

Melonfeud likes this.
  7. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

19,287 Messages
    30,004 Likes Received
    COPY & THANKS,MAN!
    :starspin::thumbup::starspin:

*For tis truly worthy of being entered unto the holy scrolls neath the subterranean Lombardi-yearning/trophy case of resting place blue star,,,er ,,,BLUES in CASTLE DALLAS:starspin:

*as in the verification of what the future has yet to be revealed in the destiny's of the twin same named/ positioned gridiron greats twixed studs&duds:popcorn:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    waldoputty likes this.
  8. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Well-Known Member

2,218 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    Wow! hes the byron jones of o-linemen!

jchap likes this.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

53,660 Messages
    52,661 Likes Received
    In watching tape of him, the part of his game I like best is his recovery . You can see where he sometimes makes mistakes or overextends and gets caught out of position or off balance, but his recovery is so good that he quickly regains control of the situation and his opponent. And when that happens, whoever that poor soul is isn't about to make a play. The guy is tough and physical and has no problem mixing it up in the trenches and the more I watch him, the more I like him.

With some quality NFL coaching, his minor technique issues should get cleaned up quickly, and then look out. He's going to be tough for people to handle. He's going to be a heckuva bookend for Zack Martin inside, as long as there are no struggles with flipping his footwork, but based on his experience at center, I don't anticipate too much trouble.

Connor Recoverin' is my name for him.

lockster, WarDaddy, Techsass and 2 others like this.
  10. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,137 Messages
    9,704 Likes Received
    Why is it that whenever I hear Connor McGovern's name I hear it in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice?

jazzcat22 and Cannibal_Cowboy like this.
  11. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

10,573 Messages
    11,970 Likes Received
    So, he's going to be playing out of position for almost 3 years?

JK.

12. Cannibal_Cowboy

Cannibal_Cowboy Well-Known Member

402 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Right???

Get to the chopper!!

Melonfeud and Streetwise like this.
  13. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

1,042 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    I think the most repeated name at one position is Mike Williams at WR.

14. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

10,969 Messages
    14,642 Likes Received
    Yep. He also plays around 320.

Additionally, although I do think this gets overblown but in the case of a guy like McGovern it's interesting, is that he has longer arms than anyone on the OL not named Tyron. Which is a small factor, but in the case of a guy who has great lower body strength/explosion and balance, I bet it does help in exactly what you're talking about, recovery. It'll also help a bit when he gets his technique cleaned up like you said.

The battle of the Connors is going to be great. Connor William's is a competitive dude, young, a great athlete too, and played pretty nasty at UT. William's will get snaps at RT, which he's probably more suited, and definitely will be in the future, but he's going to battle and be improved at LG. McGovern is pretty much exactly what you draw up for a G nowadays with all these incredibly strong and fast interior DL that are 1-gapping off the snap. I can't remember seeing him pull in college (he obviously did, I just haven't gone back and broken it down), but with his explosion, balance, and arm length, I can imagine in a few years LBs are going to have a lot of trouble trying to disengage, or not getting destroyed, when he's aiming to erase them.

Can't wait to see him get snaps. He has the potential to be great value, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up one of the best Guards in this class, especially sandwiched between Tyron and Frederick.

15. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

19,287 Messages
    30,004 Likes Received
    :lmao:

16. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

2,848 Messages
    10,544 Likes Received
    Connor McGovern guard/center Broncos, I knew that, some guy posted it yesterday;)

17. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

13,206 Messages
    15,178 Likes Received
    I hear it in Linda Hamilton's!!!!!