Just listened to Voch/Broaddus podcast-some interesting notes

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Quick Summary:

-Broaddus has people telling him that Cowboys love Brooks, others say they view him more as a 3rd rd prospect. Could be a smoke screen. Did say they like Ray Davis.
-Don't be surprised if they draft a Guard as they want to prepare for Zach Martin's eventual departure, maybe a Guard who can play Center: Beebe, Puni were mentioned.
-Doesn't appear DT is in the cards on day 2, but like maybe looking at taking a WR at 87.
-All their linebacker 30 visit prospect are all still on the board.

JPJ reportedly struggled with the whiteboard during his visit, that he may not have the intelligence that the position requires. Mentioned how Biaz had struggles with this early in his career, where Frederick was excellent at it. We heard this type of thing with JPJ's scouting report from McGinn.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Quick Summary:

-Broaddus has people telling him that Cowboys love Brooks, others say they view him more as a 3rd rd prospect. Could be a smoke screen. Did say they like Ray Davis.
-Don't be surprised if they draft a Guard as they want to prepare for Zach Martin's eventual departure, maybe a Guard who can play Center: Beebe, Puni were mentioned.
-Doesn't appear DT is in the cards on day 2, but like maybe looking at taking a WR at 87.

JPJ reportedly struggled with the whiteboard during his visit, that he may not have the intelligence that the position requires. Mentioned how Biaz had struggles with this early in his career, where Frederick was excellent at it. We heard this type of thing with JPJ's scouting report from McGinn.
I am starting to think Brooks is a smoke screen. The Cowboys are letting everyone know that is who they want. Seems like a trap. Voch hates Guyton. What did they say about him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I am starting to think Brooks is a smoke screen. The Cowboys are letting everyone know that is who they want. Seems like a trap. Voch hates Guyton. What did they say about him.
He actually gave some positives. Voch/Cav and some of the fan scouts never consider player development. They just review how the player is today. I didn't like Guyton cause I heard some immaturity concerns throughout the process. It's up to him to disprove that they are wrong. I am hopeful him being around our veterans that he will become a hard worker.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quick Summary:

Something Ive said a couple times that I truely believe, there will be a WR on the board at 87 that will have the talent of a 2nd rounder

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Quick Summary:

Oh good there is some hope we won't burn our draft for an injured RB.

Imagine coming out of today with Cooper, Corley, and Estime. That'd be a huge draft.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Taking an injured RB in the 2nd and double dipping OL in the 3rd would be brutal for me.

I don’t know how you can ignore the defense like that knowing they got throttled whenever we played good teams.

rambo2

Reaction score
Quick Summary:

I don't think that he actually said that Jackson Powers-Johnson struggled with the whiteboard.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Love to Bebe. That guy is just nasty and mean. Get him, Brooks,Frazier, Wilson, Wr from W Kentucky or Cedric Grey. Any of these players would make me happy

Bluefin

Reaction score
I don't think that he actually said that Jackson Powers-Johnson struggled with the whiteboard.
Bryan Broaddus said he has no idea how Jackson Powers-Johnson did in his 30 visit on the board and discussing how he'd block plays they watched clips of.

He isn't privy to that stuff.

Broaddus said it could be that JPJ didn't impress in this regard and that it might also be a personality thing.

We also have to note that Powers-Johnson only started for one season before declaring early and there are some medical concerns as well.

It's a bunch of things.

We shall see how long JPJ stays on the board.

Sydla

Reaction score
Quick Summary:

LOL at thinking DT shouldn't be in the cards on Day 2.

Given they have only three on the roster and one is more a situational type, the second is a guy that showed zero as a rookie and the last guy being a roster filler JAG.

They will never, ever, ever learn. They will never be a tough defense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
LOL at thinking DT isn't in the cards on Day 2.

Given they have only three on the roster and one is more a situational type, the second is a guy that showed zero as a rookie and the last guy being a roster filler JAG.

They will never, ever, ever learn. They will never be a tough defense.
Don't disagree, they never put any resources into the position.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus said he has no idea how Jackson Powers-Johnson did in his 30 visit on the board and discussing how he'd block plays they watched clips of.

He isn't privy to that stuff.

Broaddus said it could be that JPJ didn't impress in this regard and that it might also be a personality thing.

We also have to note that Powers-Johnson only started for one season before declaring early and there are some medical concerns as well.

It's a bunch of things.

We shall see how long JPJ stays on the board.
Thanks for clearing that up.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He actually gave some positives. Voch/Cav and some of the fan scouts never consider player development. They just review how the player is today. I didn't like Guyton cause I heard some immaturity concerns throughout the process. It's up to him to disprove that they are wrong. I am hopeful him being around our veterans that he will become a hard worker.
I forgot the YouTube guy I was watching after the draft. He evaluated Guyton a few months ago. Highlighted three games last season. Thinks Guyton was a top 3 tackle prospect and easily could be the best in the class. Couldn’t stop raving about his athleticism. Guyton can move…..