Just reported on theticket, players dont practice in pads and hit

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok, on theticket, larry brown says he watches practice and says, the cowboys dont hit in practice, because wade doesnt want the players to get hurt.

My point is this, jimmy johnson had the cowboys hit in practice during the week, so did tom landry, when is the coaching staff going to be held accountable too and start having the players hit in practice.

there was an old quote by jimmy johnson, fatigue makes cowards of you. If the other player is used to getting hit in practice and you arent, then your going to show it in a game.

that stinks no hitting in practice.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2353960 said:
ok, on theticket, larry brown says he watches practice and says, the cowboys dont hit in practice, because wade doesnt want the players to get hurt.

My point is this, jimmy johnson had the cowboys hit in practice during the week, so did tom landry, when is the coaching staff going to be held accountable too and start having the players hit in practice.

there was an old quote by jimmy johnson, fatigue makes cowards of you. If the other player is used to getting hit in practice and you arent, then your going to show it in a game.

That does stink, cause no matter what, you can't avoid injuries.

Everson24

Reaction score
Wade said in training camp "I wont over work this team!" It may be time to start Wade.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
wow i didnt even know that. that would explain why we are the worst tackling freakin team in the NFL... wade really needs to go!!!

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I can confirm they said that.

No hitting on practice is pathetic. Last year we were a tough team, we outplayed our opponents and were tough 4 quarters, wore people down. This year with wades policies in place for good now... you tell me if those same things can be said.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2353986 said:
wow i didnt even know that. that would explain why we are the worst tackling freakin team in the NFL... wade really needs to go!!!

:hammer:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Yeah I heard the same thing. I became very upset when he said it. There is no excuse for that crap.

khiladi

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2353960 said:

Oh, wow... What a joke...

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
....but they are the best walkthrough team in the NFL!

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
What I'm hearing now...

it's not just about focus and enthusiasm...

there are so many problems here that we can't overcome until we get a coaching change.

khiladi

Reaction score
That explains why they are so sloppy and lackadaisical. They don't practice with any intensity and focus. It shows on game-days...

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Never heard of a team that did not hit in practice, like I said we have too much talent and no heart whatsoever....

I guess since we had 13 probowlers they were untouchable in practice.... I never said anything about firing Wade, but if this is true, he needs to leave because u don't prepare a football team like that, makes pansies of them and it shows on the field.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
khiladi;2354060 said:
That explains why they are so sloppy and lackadaisical. They don't practice with any intensity and focus. It shows on game-days...

:hammer:

Bingo. Well at least we know what is the root of our problem.

But the problems with this team lie deeper than just that unfortunately.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I am not shocked at all to hear this. It just goes w/ how soft Wade is. This team is a team of creampuffs right now and takes on the full image of the coach and his coordinators.

Sad season so far. Unreal.

I need an emoticon to hang my head.

jimmy40

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2353960 said:

Bill Walsh didn't have his players hit in practice either. I don't think that is the problem.